ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

China just sitting in the background.....they're the real threat. Seems the "west" is waking up.

At this point Russia is just a China proxy....
Yeah, that’s what I’ve been thinking all along…China sitting in the background, whispering to Putin to “Go Get ‘em!” But not supplying any meaningful military support. As long as this does not escalate to a nuclear weapon, Russia comes out weaker politically, militarily and will have lost world influence. China will have significant leverage over their now “little step brother”.

Yeah, that’s what I’ve been thinking all along…China sitting in the background, whispering to Putin to “Go Get ‘em!” But not supplying any meaningful military support. As long as this does not escalate to a nuclear weapon, Russia comes out weaker politically, militarily and will have lost world influence. China will have significant leverage over their now “little step brother”.
China can play the long game...benefit of a one party system.

People forget China has been around for 3500 years....we're basically babies in comparison.

And for our daily dose of humor:

Yep, Scott Ritter sounds like someone that would be spewing misinformation on twitter. Not only a Russian stooge, but also this:

Arrests and conviction for sex offences[edit]​

Ritter was the subject in two law enforcement sting operations in 2001.[31] He was charged in June 2001 with trying to set up a meeting with an undercover police officer posing as a 16-year-old girl.[32][33] He was charged with a misdemeanor crime of "attempted endangerment of the welfare of a child". The charge was dismissed and the record was sealed after he completed six months of pre-trial probation.[33][5] After this information was made public in early 2003, Ritter said that the timing of the leak was politically motivated in order to silence his opposition to the Bush administration's push toward war with Iraq.[32][33][34]

Ritter was arrested again in November 2009[35] over communications with a police decoy he met on an Internet chat site. Police said that he exposed himself, via a web camera, after the officer repeatedly identified himself as a 15-year-old girl.[2]Ritter said in his own testimony during the trial that he believed the other party was an adult acting out her fantasy.[4] The chat room had an 'age 18 and above' policy, which Ritter stated to the undercover officer.[2] The next month, Ritter waived his right to a preliminary hearing and was released on a $25,000 unsecured bail. Charges included "unlawful contact with a minor, criminal use of a communications facility, corruption of minors, indecent exposure, possessing instruments of crime, criminal attempt and criminal solicitation".[36] Ritter rejected a plea bargain and was found guilty of all but the criminal attempt count in a courtroom in Monroe County, Pennsylvania, on April 14, 2011.[2][37] In October 2011, he received a sentence of 1½ to 5½ years in prison.[38] He was sent to Laurel Highlands state prison in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, in March 2012 and paroled in September 2014.[3]

Now this updated version of the hit on the mall at least shows a little more imagination.
FWbO5FfXgAEbfxF

The Russo-Nazi scum can stay in Ukrainian territories of Luhansk, Donetsk, & Crimea all they like. They should be prepared for indefinite artillery, drone, and missile attacks until they get the hell out of Ukraine. Bayraktars going to be active for the foreseeable future. We’ll see how much military strength Nazi Russia has left in 6-12 months.
Say you get your way, and the war drags on for 6 more months, the Russians solidify their gains in Luhansk, Donetsk, and the land bridge to Crimea, and then decide to bring Kharkov under artillery fire
KH22 missile.... Huge warhead...2200 lbs

Off topic but....during the first Gulf War the squadron I was in didn't drop a single smart munition.

We we're going 4x 2000 lb MK 84's for most of the war. Anyway, they'd show aircraft footage for some of the strikes in one of the tents where I was at. I remember one of our guys trying to take out a bridge. 4 ship....dropped 16 MK 84's on it.

Every one missed and didn't take out the bridge. They were all close but to take out a bridge you need a direct hit....

Fast forward to the 2nd Iraq war and we didn't drop a single "dumb" munitions....either GPS guided or Laser guided. Kind of amazing how quickly that changed....
Yeah, they weren’t showing dumb bombs in Schwartzkopf’s briefings. :)

The Gulf War in 1991 marked the first extensive use of precision-guided munitions in warfare. Eight percent of the munitions dropped were PGMs, compared to less than one percent in Vietnam.

Of the 29,199 bombs dropped during the war [2003 Iraq invasion] by the United States and United Kingdom, nearly two-thirds (19,040) were precision-guided munitions.21 In the Persian Gulf conflict in 1991, 8 percent of all bombs dropped were PGMs; in Yugoslavia in 1999 approximately one-third were PGMs; in Afghanistan in 2002 approximately 65 percent were PGMs.22

Say you get your way, and the war drags on for 6 more months, the Russians solidify their gains in Luhansk, Donetsk, and the land bridge to Crimea, and then decide to bring Kharkov under artillery fire

Yeah, they weren’t showing dumb bombs in Schwartzkopf’s briefings. :)

The Gulf War in 1991 marked the first extensive use of precision-guided munitions in warfare. Eight percent of the munitions dropped were PGMs, compared to less than one percent in Vietnam.

Of the 29,199 bombs dropped during the war [2003 Iraq invasion] by the United States and United Kingdom, nearly two-thirds (19,040) were precision-guided munitions.21 In the Persian Gulf conflict in 1991, 8 percent of all bombs dropped were PGMs; in Yugoslavia in 1999 approximately one-third were PGMs; in Afghanistan in 2002 approximately 65 percent were PGMs.22
If that is the situation after 6 months I could see Ukraine negotiating but I am very hopeful the tide of the war will be changing in the near future. I think the West is becoming more and more pissed at Putin which is freeing up weaponry that they refused to send earlier. Hope it continues with aircraft, tanks and better surface to surface missiles.

Reactions: MitchLL
Russian forces are arguably having their best spell since the invasion of Ukraine began four months ago.
They have eliminated most Ukrainian defenses in the Luhansk region, consolidated control of a belt of territory in the south, improved their logistics and command structure and blunted the effectiveness of Ukrainian attack drones.
Within the last week, the Russians have been rewarded for their intense -- some would say merciless -- bombardments of the remaining parts of the Luhansk region held by Ukrainian forces, which have finally given up Severodonetsk and lost territory south of Lysychansk.
The head of the self-declared Luhansk People's Republic, Leonid Pasechnik, predicted last Friday that Russian forces would completely encircle Lysychansk within two or three days. So far they haven't, but the city is in imminent peril.

Russian forces are arguably having their best spell since the invasion of Ukraine began four months ago.
They have eliminated most Ukrainian defenses in the Luhansk region, consolidated control of a belt of territory in the south, improved their logistics and command structure and blunted the effectiveness of Ukrainian attack drones.
Within the last week, the Russians have been rewarded for their intense -- some would say merciless -- bombardments of the remaining parts of the Luhansk region held by Ukrainian forces, which have finally given up Severodonetsk and lost territory south of Lysychansk.
The head of the self-declared Luhansk People's Republic, Leonid Pasechnik, predicted last Friday that Russian forces would completely encircle Lysychansk within two or three days. So far they haven't, but the city is in imminent peril.

I like the UK version:)
Nicholas Cecil
Tue, 28 June 2022

Putin’s forces ‘increasingly hollowed out’ by Ukraine war, says UK
In this article-

Vladimir Putin’s forces are becoming “increasingly hollowed out” by the scale of his onslaught in Ukraine which is achieving only limited success, British defence chiefs said on Tuesday.
They stressed that he was unleashing “large numbers” of missiles which are normally used to target sites of “strategic importance” but are instead being used to gain “tactical advantage”.
They argued that the combat effectiveness of his military units was becoming so degraded that it is “probably unsustainable in the long term”.

Mr Putin’s troops seized control of the eastern industrial city of Severodonetsk over the weekend.
They are now trying to capture its twin city of Lysychansk, across the Siverskyi Donets river from Severodonetsk in the eastern Luhansk province of the Donbas region.
In its latest intelligence update, the Ministry of Defence in London said: “Ukrainian forces continue to consolidate their positions on higher ground in the city of Lysychansk, after falling back from Severodonetsk. Ukrainian forces continue to disrupt Russian command and control with successful strikes deep behind Russian lines.”

Nicholas Cecil
Tue, 28 June 2022

In this article-

Vladimir Putin’s forces are becoming “increasingly hollowed out” by the scale of his onslaught in Ukraine which is achieving only limited success, British defence chiefs said on Tuesday.
They stressed that he was unleashing “large numbers” of missiles which are normally used to target sites of “strategic importance” but are instead being used to gain “tactical advantage”.
They argued that the combat effectiveness of his military units was becoming so degraded that it is “probably unsustainable in the long term”.

Mr Putin’s troops seized control of the eastern industrial city of Severodonetsk over the weekend.
They are now trying to capture its twin city of Lysychansk, across the Siverskyi Donets river from Severodonetsk in the eastern Luhansk province of the Donbas region.
In its latest intelligence update, the Ministry of Defence in London said: “Ukrainian forces continue to consolidate their positions on higher ground in the city of Lysychansk, after falling back from Severodonetsk. Ukrainian forces continue to disrupt Russian command and control with successful strikes deep behind Russian lines.”

much better :)

Nicholas Cecil
Tue, 28 June 2022

In this article-

Wondering when the tipping point comes, when Ukraine has a significant amount of advanced western military weapons, giving them a major tactical advantage, and they go on a strong offensive push and maybe the Russians start to retreat/surrender enmasse because of the threat of imminent death? Is there a chance Ukraine could take back a major part or all of currently lost land?

I know I am over simplifying an eventual outcome, but if I were a Russian soldier or officer, I sure as hell would take advantage of any major battle chaos to get the hell out of a country I don’t want to be in or die in.

If that is the situation after 6 months I could see Ukraine negotiating but I am very hopeful the tide of the war will be changing in the near future. I think the West is becoming more and more pissed at Putin which is freeing up weaponry that they refused to send earlier. Hope it continues with aircraft, tanks and better surface to surface missiles.
If this continues for another 6 months Putin is going to have no tanks or missiles left, lost 80k soldiers, caused NATO to expand, and exposed how poorly run their military is just to have made hardly any gains from 2014.

Wondering when the tipping point comes, when Ukraine has a significant amount of advanced western military weapons, giving them a major tactical advantage, and they go on a strong offensive push and maybe the Russians start to retreat/surrender enmasse because of the threat of imminent death? Is there a chance Ukraine could take back a major part or all of currently lost land?

I know I am over simplifying an eventual outcome, but if I were a Russian soldier or officer, I sure as hell would take advantage of any major battle chaos to get the hell out of a country I don’t want to be in or die in.
Just going by what Ukraine says (hopes I imagine) they expect to see results by the end of this summer.
And they insist they can take back even the parts stolen by Russia earlier. Just a gut feeling but if it goes that far (battle for Crimea etc) I think Poland may have jumped in by then.
I'm sure Putin's generals (the live ones anyway) are aware of this, but NATO continues to grow forces in Europe. Wonder if any of the many units there for maneuvers have rotated back to the US or their home countries.
I would guess not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT