ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

I know this is crazy and we would have to somehow protect the plant personnel, but I was wondering if some sort of gas to incapacitate the Russians could be used.
Sure

We could violate the 1925 Geneva Protocols against the use of gas/biological warfare.
What could possibly go wrong here?

That certainly wouldn't have been a headline a short time ago. Also, Friedman of the NY Times writing critically about the Zelensky admin, that wouldn't have happened.
The first line of the cite states: "(This content was produced in Russia, where the law restricts coverage of Russian military operations in Ukraine.)" I don't see anything attributing the article to Friedman or anyone else.

With that said, I also do not see anything critical Zelensky. After reciting typical Russian bullshit on "deNazifying" Ukraine and quoting Russian Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova for the further bullshit that Ukraine is "taking the whole of Europe hostage and are not against setting fire to it for the sake of their Nazi idols," the article quotes more bullshit from Russian Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova: "The leaders of the United Nations and the IAEA, over and over again, do not dare to directly name the source of the threat. They are demonstrating their unwillingness to point the finger at Kyiv".

I LIKE IT!!! LOL They'll have to bribe the inspectors which would be easy if they were Russians and not Turks.

🇷🇺
VS
🇺🇦
According to various sources the Ukrainians are planning to use a grain ship to put one or more missile launcher containers in it and target the Crimean bridge! (Illustrative photos)

This is an example of the kind of obviously fake tweets you (imo) should be a little more reluctant to share. This is clearly bullshit and a bad photoshop job to boot.

The first line of the cite states: "(This content was produced in Russia, where the law restricts coverage of Russian military operations in Ukraine.)" I don't see anything attributing the article to Friedman or anyone else.

With that said, I also do not see anything critical Zelensky. After reciting typical Russian bullshit on "deNazifying" Ukraine and quoting Russian Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova for the further bullshit that Ukraine is "taking the whole of Europe hostage and are not against setting fire to it for the sake of their Nazi idols," the article quotes more bullshit from Russian Spokeswoman Maria Zakharova: "The leaders of the United Nations and the IAEA, over and over again, do not dare to directly name the source of the threat. They are demonstrating their unwillingness to point the finger at Kyiv".
You are entirely missing the point. They are two separate articles. My question was why has the reporting changed? A headline like "Moscow says Ukraine 'taking Europe hostage' by shelling nuclear plant" would have been considered spreading Russian propaganda a short time ago. Now it's a Reuters story.

You are entirely missing the point. They are two separate articles. My question was why has the reporting changed? A headline like "Moscow says Ukraine 'taking Europe hostage' by shelling nuclear plant" would have been considered spreading Russian propaganda a short time ago. Now it's a Reuters story.

I am missing the point for not reading or referencing an article that you linked after the fact?

• Haha
Reactions: noleclone2
This is an example of the kind of obviously fake tweets you (imo) should be a little more reluctant to share. This is clearly bullshit and a bad photoshop job to boot.
I really think you should have been able to tell I was not taking it seriously by my response.

Last edited:
Reactions: HawkMD and lucas80
Sure

We could violate the 1925 Geneva Protocols against the use of gas/biological warfare.
What could possibly go wrong here?
Let's worry about protocols when Russia has taken a nuclear reactor hostage.

They mention missiles for NASAMS which has yet to be announced as in country though we knew the US was trying to get the launchers for Ukraine.

Some context.

Last edited:
I should have linked the article. I thought maybe you had read the Friedman article. My bad.
I am probably more informed than most Americans on the Ukraine war, but I don't search out opinion pieces, generally, although I do enjoy reading synopses from retired generals on what is going on tactically and strategically. I don't need to, at this point. Russia has invaded, committed countless war crimes, and is making full use of their mobile crematoriums to try to coverup their atrocities. The more Russian invaders that are eliminated the better. Ukraine has obviously had to destroy parts of their infrastructure, but only a moron would believe Ukraine would knowingly cause a nuclear catastrophe in Ukraine.

I wonder if the reported conduct of Russia mining the plant with explosives will elicit a direct response by NATO. I know we are loathe to put boots on the ground, but avoiding nuclear terrorism goes beyond this being just a military operation. Are special forces deployed in conjunction with pinpoint aerial support?
This, or work with the UN, and China specifically, to negotiate a third party to go into the area. Maybe Egyptian forces? Someone the Russians would find palatable that Ukraine wouldn’t object to.

I don't fully understand Poland or the White House condemning what Russia is doing/saying they need to leave. Russia has not stopped and will continue this war and further war crimes. Are these statements said simply to show that they (White House, Poland, etc.) don't condone Russia's actions?

It's not like Russia will stop just because countries are saying they should. They won't stop until they are defeated by Ukraine or an outside country/countries forces them to stop.

Last edited:
"An explosion of a Russian ammunition depot near Novooleksiivka and Genichesk, Kherson region. This site is ~150 km from the front line."

Last edited:
CNN report about anti radar missiles that the US has supplied to Ukraine, that suggests we’d kept these transfers under wraps. Having these missiles helps with air defenses, and can help to suppress Russian counter artillery fire.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/politics/anti-radar-missiles-ukraine-russia-pentagon/index.html
I liked this: "In the near term, we've been doing lots of things to make Ukraine's existing air force stay in the air and be more capable, Kahl said."

Appears someone is claiming this is the attacked airfield.

"Eyewitnesses reported several explosions near the Russian military airfield of Saki in the annexed Crimea. It is located near the village of Novofyodorovka in the west of the peninsula. Presumably, ammunition depots are burning there, writes Krym.Realii.

The Russian Ministry of Defense said that the cause of the explosions was the detonation of several aircraft ammunition on the territory of the airfield. The city authorities of Novofyodorovka reported that there was a series of explosions, there were about ten of them.

The Saki airfield is located in the deep rear - more than 200 kilometers from the nearest Ukrainian positions in the Kherson region.

The Association of Tour Operators of Russia said that, according to preliminary data, no one was injured among the tourists. Ambulance crews and air ambulances were dispatched to the site of the explosion."

"Eyewitnesses reported several explosions near a military airfield in Crimea."

Reactions: HawkMD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT