ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

Not linking, but I’ve seen multiple articles stating that the attack on Saki may have been a commando raid. There is general disagreement on weaponry used. The craters might indicate sabotage against unprotected, poorly spaced weapons depots. And, there are multiple reports that civilians did not hear incoming missiles. Ukrainian authorities are being coy about the attack. I heard one guy on the BBC yesterday go with the cigarette excuse with an edge of sarcasm. Chalk this up as another tidbit we probably won’t get an answer to until after the war.

FaBM_BGWAAEKqNz

Reactions: HawkMD
Tulsi filling in for Tucker tonight.

Although I do believe a regime change is the end goal here, there can certainly be multiple motives. I do feel like the world is stopping Russia because they are the bully. I also feel that this sends a message to China and others that land grabs and takeovers in the 21st century are not acceptable.

For me, I am behind the people of Ukraine. Nobody in the media can change my feelings on the independence of a sovereign nation. Those people have shown extraordinary toughness and resilience. Russia is going to lose so bad in the long run here and I am here for it.

Although I do believe a regime change is the end goal here, there can certainly be multiple motives. I do feel like the world is stopping Russia because they are the bully. I also feel that this sends a message to China and others that land grabs and takeovers in the 21st century are not acceptable.

For me, I am behind the people of Ukraine. Nobody in the media can change my feelings on the independence of a sovereign nation. Those people have shown extraordinary toughness and resilience. Russia is going to lose so bad in the long run here and I am here for it.
I think most of the people that support Ukraine are realistic about regime change. It’d be nice, but it’s not going to happen. It’s not why we continue to support Ukraine.

The people who peddle this grand master plan scenario gloss over the fact that the conventional wisdom, even in the West, was that Russia would overrun Ukraine in a matter of days. All that's been done post-invasion didn't kick in until US/NATO saw that they actually had a chance to hold them off and/or prevail. Now there may be favorable outcomes that go beyond Ukraine, but I don't think Russia plowing over their neighbors in a week would be any country's first step of the plan.

The people who peddle this grand master plan scenario gloss over the fact that the conventional wisdom, even in the West, was that Russia would overrun Ukraine in a matter of days. All that's been done post-invasion didn't kick in until US/NATO saw that they actually had a chance to hold them off and/or prevail. Now there may be favorable outcomes that go beyond Ukraine, but I don't think Russia plowing over their neighbors in a week would be any country's first step of the plan.

Correct, I'm saying now that's a real chance. The only thing I wonder is how much did we actually know about how weak Russia was?

Reactions: VodkaSam
If she was in Ukraine, Tulsi would have been rounded up and in prison facing trial by now.
The real thing is she is acting like having the goal of overthrowing Putin is a bad thing. He's a murderer, has invaded multiple neighboring countries, and his support is reason why dictatorships like those in Syria, Venezuela, and Iran can exist. He has entirely defined himself and Russia by opposing and undermining Western style democracy and its spread. And she truly believes that trying to oppose his goals and depose him is a bad thing.

Not linking, but I’ve seen multiple articles stating that the attack on Saki may have been a commando raid. There is general disagreement on weaponry used. The craters might indicate sabotage against unprotected, poorly spaced weapons depots. And, there are multiple reports that civilians did not hear incoming missiles. Ukrainian authorities are being coy about the attack. I heard one guy on the BBC yesterday go with the cigarette excuse with an edge of sarcasm. Chalk this up as another tidbit we probably won’t get an answer to until after the war.
It’s not out of the realm of possibility that the Russians had a munitions handling accident on the airfield that had a huge chain reaction.

We had something similar at Bien Hoa in Vietnam

Anyway, lots of lessons learned after that. Storage/handling procedures and more importantly changing the filler in our munitions….very unstable back then. You could drop a USAF munition nowadays from any height and it isn’t going to detonate unless it’s fuzed and armed. Back then? It might have detonated

We’ve already seen the Russians don’t do munitions storage very well…..I wonder if they have unstable filler…couldn’t find anything on the subject.

Not saying that’s what happened but it’s a possibility

It’s not out of the realm of possibility that the Russians had a munitions handling accident on the airfield that had a huge chain reaction.

Anyway, lots of lessons learned after that. Storage/handling procedures and more importantly changing the filler in our munitions….very unstable back then. You could drop a USAF munition nowadays from any height and it isn’t going to detonate unless it’s fuzed and armed. Back then? It might have detonated

We’ve already seen the Russians don’t do munitions storage very well…..I wonder if they have unstable filler…couldn’t find anything on the subject.

Interesting. With that said. That has to be very very unlikely.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2

I think it's more likely, and, not just wishful thinking, that the Ukrainians projected some power somehow. They knew they had a ripe target and waited for a good chance. Crimea would be ripe territory to get in special forces. The security is garbage, and they clearly had stacks of munitions laying in big juicy piles.
Just like sinking the Moskva. The Ukrainians stalked for weeks until they had their shot at that airfield in Saki.

Interesting. With that said. That has to be very very unlikely.
I would say the most likely scenario is the Ukrainians hit the airfield but the catastrophic damage being caused by poor Russian munitions handling. Looks like many secondary explosions and the massiveness of the detonations kind of points to a chain reaction…..which would point to poor storage and unstable munitions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT