ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

Your people doing this @seminole97 have you no shame?

“The United Nations said Wednesday there are credible accusations that Moscow's forces have removed children from Ukraine to Russia for adoption as part of larger-scale forced relocations and deportations.

"There have been credible allegations of forced transfers of unaccompanied children to Russian occupied territory, or to the Russian Federation itself," Ilze Brands Kehris, the assistant UN secretary-general for human rights, told the Security Council.”

Your people doing this @seminole97 have you no shame?
Why would you expect me to have any shame for something in which I have no part and have offered no support?

Whence comes this confusion on your part?

I’m consistent in my opposition to invasions.

Tell me, do you think we should feel shame for Obama casting our lot with the Saudi’s invasion of Yemen and the hundreds of thousands that have died as consequence?

Or should we shame just the neocons who are in favor of it?

"Probably the largest, if qualitatively not the best weapon supplier of #Ukraine , is called #Russland . Here a BTR-82 armored personnel carrier, formerly used by Russian troops, now in Ukrainian service in the current counter-offensive."

Reactions: HawkMD
I can remember seeing footage of much smaller German versions of something like this captured in Normandy.

FcJIq5MXkAIlRJc

"U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken made an unscheduled visit to Kyiv on Thursday as the Biden administration announced major new military aid worth more than $2 billion for Ukraine and other European countries threatened by Russia.

In meetings with senior Ukrainian officials, Blinken said the Biden administration had notified Congress of its intent to provide $2 billion in long-term Foreign Military Financing to Ukraine and 18 of its neighbors, including NATO members and regional security partners, that are “most potentially at risk for future Russian aggression.”

Pending expected congressional approval, about $1 billion of that will go to Ukraine and the rest will be divided among Albania, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia, the State Department said."

https://apnews.com/article/russia-u...and-politics-a1f6b3639c6bb69a98bda153de271d93
You know, in many ways this is starting to parallel how the West defeated the Soviet Union in the Cold War.

When you are the side with the most money, most advanced weapons and most allies, you tend to come out on top.

Why would you expect me to have any shame for something in which I have no part and have offered no support?

Whence comes this confusion on your part?

I’m consistent in my opposition to invasions.

Tell me, do you think we should feel shame for Obama casting our lot with the Saudi’s invasion of Yemen and the hundreds of thousands that have died as consequence?

Or should we shame just the neocons who are in favor of it?
You sure have a Yemen Obsession.

That would also be a pretty good band name.

One can see why they would be paranoid about something that important though it is still evil.

Last edited:
You sure have a Yemen Obsession.
It's fascinating that the US can take an active role in the outset of aiding a horrendous dictatorship invade its neighbor for purposes of regime change that results in the deaths of HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people and puts millions on the brink of starvation, and our press almost completely ignores it.

Isn't that a little weird?
It is to me.

It's fascinating that the US can take an active role in the outset of aiding a horrendous dictatorship invade its neighbor for purposes of regime change that results in the deaths of HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people and puts millions on the brink of starvation, and our press almost completely ignores it.

It is to me.
It's not weird at all. It's the way the Western world has always approached Africa and other developing countries.

It is a direct result of colonialism, which if one can even say is "over" was not over until the middle of the 20th Century. That is a blink of an eye in terms of human history.

Is it right or just? Nope. But it is hardly weird or surprising.

It is to me.
That neighbor has attacked our embassy and allies. This with direct ties to iran.
See why now?

It's not weird at all. It's the way the Western world has always approached Africa and other developing countries.
I'm not talking about ignoring a civil war in Sudan, I'm talking about ignoring a war in which the US took an active role in supporting the invading force bent on regime change.

We supplied the weapons, training, targets, and even refueled their planes en route.

Hundreds of thousands of innocent deaths, and folks barely muster a shrug.

The US even went so far as to pretend a single candidate election (the candidate selected by the invading gulf monarchies!) was actually a valid democratic exercise.
Obama and Hillary actually sent congratulations on the victory.
Isn't that just absurd?

It is to me.

Hey, the US government perpetuated the Rwanda genocide with little pushback. Nothing to see here...

I'm not talking about ignoring a civil war in Sudan, I'm talking about ignoring a war in which the US took an active role in supporting the invading force bent on regime change.

We supplied the weapons, training, targets, and even refueled their planes en route.

Hundreds of thousands of innocent deaths, and folks barely muster a shrug.

The US even went so far as to pretend a single candidate election (the candidate selected by the invading gulf monarchies!) was actually a valid democratic exercise.
Obama and Hillary actually sent congratulations on the victory.
Isn't that just absurd?
Why are you such f ucking piece of shit? Why do you constantly lie and distort the truth of such basic facts such as an Iranian backed and armed Shiite (30% of Yemens population) insurgency that invaded and pushed the Sunni (70% population) majority governnment out of the capital, disrupting and destroying basic human services and food supply in the process, killing thousands? That same Saudi-backed government is UN recognized as the legitimate, fairly elected government of Yemen. All you do on this site is repeat pro-Russian and pro-Iranian anti-American and anti-democratic propaganda that are blatant lies designed to bolster fascist and authoritarian regimes. Be careful. If things keep going this badly for your motherland, you might get recalled into service in an active unit and conscripted into being cannon fodder to hold the line in Crimea.

Why do you constantly lie and distort the truth of such basic facts such as an Iranian backed and armed Shiite (30% of Yemens population) insurgency that invaded and pushed the Sunni (70% population) majority governnment out of the capital, disrupting and destroying basic human services and food supply in the process, killing thousands?

What lie? Can you quote it?
Yemen's humanitarian disaster is primarily the result of the Saudi led blockade.

As a result of the blockade there is a desperate shortage of necessary supplies such as food, water and medical supplies, to the extent that children are at risk of disease due to lack of drinkable water.[16]

A limited number of aid ships can unload, and the bulk of commercial shipping, on which the desperately poor country depends, is being blocked, creating a state of emergency for Yemenis.[17][18] In spite of entreaties, Saudi Arabia has failed to pay out any of the $274 million it promised to invest into humanitarian relief.[19][20]

The UN estimated that by the end of 2021, the conflict in Yemen had claimed more than 377,000 lives, with 60% of them died due to issues associated with the conflict, such as starvation and preventable diseases.[21][22] In March 2022, more than 17 million people in Yemen were experiencing high levels of acute food insecurity.[23]

According to The Guardian, The blockade of Yemen by the Saudi-led coalition has caused medical supplies, food, and fuel to run low, doctors and aid organizations said.
[24]

That same Saudi-backed installed government is UN recognized as the legitimate, fairly elected government of Yemen.
Why do you think an election with a single candidate selected by foreign monarchies is a "fairly elected government"?
That's making a mockery of free and fair elections.

It is to me.
Yeah. Not even the same. Not even close, natty light. One is a literal Civil War pitching religious factions against one another, where we have a preference of who comes out on top.

The other is a global European superpower (reportedly) and 75 year enemy of the US, invading a sovereign and peaceful European nation, with what was supposedly the second greatest army on earth. The other involves a Nuclear power threatening nuclear war for the entire planet and using the threat of world wide global hunger as a weapon, and using energy supplies to Europe as a weapon. Oh and committing genocide on the country they invade. It is not the same and you look really dumb harping on Yemen as some sort of double standard for the US. I could say look forward to your italicized cut and paste response, but I would be lying.

Yeah. Not even the same. Not even close, natty light. One is a literal Civil War pitching religious factions against one another, where we have a preference of who comes out on top.
So you support the Wahhabists?
Can I ask why?

Let's keep this thread focused on clips of Ukrainian UAV's dropping mortar shells on unsuspecting troops, not the civil war in Yemen. Not that Yemen isn't important, it just doesn't need to be regurgitated over and over on this thread. Let's keep the redundancy to Ukraine/Russia-related posts.....lord knows there's enough of them in this 800+ page monster.

Let's keep this thread focused on clips of Ukrainian UAV's dropping mortar shells on unsuspecting troops, not the civil war in Yemen. Not that Yemen isn't important, it just doesn't need to be regurgitated over and over on this thread. Let's keep the redundancy to Ukraine/Russia-related posts.....lord knows there's enough of them in this 800+ page monster.
Gee if only there was some common denominator for taking this thread off topic over and over and over again . . . :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT