ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

Remember when 60% of Democrats said they would flee the country if the U.S. is being invaded?
So, which one of these two guys is you?
Dj2e0w9VAAAraKs

This is also when they decided to train the Ukrainian military thus a good part of how they are resisting Russia today. There’s some real selective memory on the parts of people trying to blame Obama.
I remember the stupid idea the Biden administration had trying to evacuate Zelensky in the early days of the war. This would of collapsed morale in the Ukrainian military and amongst its people.

He literally told Biden what to do "I need ammunition not a ride" Biden thought the war was already lost and were packing up and running for the hills.

Reactions: Madman_1
Sad. I know they’re “bad Russians” but these are just regular people trying to live their lives who are being forced into war by their government. Their choices are to flee and hide for the rest of their lives, go to prison and/or be killed, or go to war and hope for the best. Modern day government-sanctioned slavery. No freedom to refuse.

"front of lyman \ kharkhiv in progress ukrainian offensive on oskol, taken village of tavilzhanka, ukrainians push towards petropavlivka, at the same time fighting from kuypyansk and senkove"
FdQgEieXkAET360

Appears that Lyman continues to resist.

"further south, Ukrainians passed dobrisheve and arrived at stavky, probably to attack lyman from the north as well. Lyman who risks encirclement in the next few hours"

FdQghr_WYAA8Ao3

it is amazing how long my ignore list has become once this thread started.
yeah I am not one for creating an echo chamber, and I gave some trolls (some of which I actually think are Russian) a long leash early, but at some point you just need to filter out noise. The repeated use of childish name calling certainly accelerates the process for some posters.

yeah I am not one for creating an echo chamber, and I gave some trolls (some of which I actually think are Russian) a long leash early, but at some point you just need to filter out noise. The repeated use of childish name calling certainly accelerates the process for some posters.
I absolutely enjoy conversation with someone who can intelligently attack my position, and that happens quite often. But when people bury their head in the sand and just repeatedly use name calling and copy and paste rhetoric as the fullness of their communication skills then it's time to move on.

No. Nice alternative reality and history you live in, numpty.
As the world witnesses what is happening to Ukraine, Americans were asked what they would do if they were in the same position as Ukrainians are now: stay and fight or leave the country? A majority (55 percent) say they would stay and fight, while 38 percent say they would leave the country. Republicans say 68 – 25 percent and independents say 57 – 36 percent they would stay and fight, while Democrats say 52 – 40 percent they would leave the country.
“When confronted with a terrible hypothetical that would put them in the shoes of the Ukrainians, Americans say they would stand and fight rather than seek safety in another country,” added Malloy.
Nearly half of Americans (49 percent) say the attack on Ukraine has contributed to them feeling anxious, while half (50 percent) say it has not.
1,374 U.S. adults nationwide were surveyed from March 4th – 6th with a margin of error of +/- 2.6 percentage points

The Quinnipiac

As the world witnesses what is happening to Ukraine, Americans were asked what they would do if they were in the same position as Ukrainians are now: stay and fight or leave the country? A majority (55 percent) say they would stay and fight, while 38 percent say they would leave the country. Republicans say 68 – 25 percent and independents say 57 – 36 percent they would stay and fight, while Democrats say 52 – 40 percent they would leave the country.
“When confronted with a terrible hypothetical that would put them in the shoes of the Ukrainians, Americans say they would stand and fight rather than seek safety in another country,” added Malloy.
Nearly half of Americans (49 percent) say the attack on Ukraine has contributed to them feeling anxious, while half (50 percent) say it has not.
1,374 U.S. adults nationwide were surveyed from March 4th – 6th with a margin of error of +/- 2.6 percentage points

The Quinnipiac
Yes yes. Republicans are very tough in theoretical situations. Very hypothetical alpha males.

CNN
Germany is nationalizing Uniper, its biggest importer of natural gas, as part of an €8 billion ($7.9 billion) plan to prevent an energy shortage this winter.

Europe has been hit by soaring natural gas and electricity prices as a result of Russia's invasion of Ukraine and its throttling of gas supplies.

The German government will hold around 99% of Uniper after injecting new capital and buying out its Finnish parent company Fortum (FOJCF), German Economy Minister Robert Habeck told journalists in Berlin on Wednesday. Uniper provides 40% of the country's gas supply and is crucial for large companies and private consumers in Europe's biggest economy.

In July, Chancellor Olaf Scholz announced the government would step in to bail out Uniper with a package worth up to €15 billion ($15.3 billion), after it was brought to its knees by months of Russian supply cuts and soaring spot market prices.

Reactions: h-hawk
Yes yes. Republicans are very tough in theoretical situations. Very hypothetical alpha males.
Is the most interesting thing to you that a majority of Republicans and Independents would stay, or that a majority of Democrats declare upfront they would flee?

I wouldn’t guessed more than 25% of any group would have made that choice.

Awesome - it's even worse for Russia than I thought. They are going to poorly and quickly train unwilling conscripts, equip them poorly, and rush them to the front line. It really is a death sentence for many of them. Hopefully once deployed, they just surrender.

I never thought it woulf be anything different. Just cannon fodder. Waste of human lives that probably do not want anything to do with the war.

I never thought it woulf be anything different. Just cannon fodder. Waste of human lives that probably do not want anything to do with the war.
I wonder if that isn't part of the strategy. Overwhelm Ukraine with surrendered troops that they can't possibly take care of and continue their war effort. I mean what do you do if 100,000 people all surrender within one month. How do you house them, feed them, secure them, etc....

Reactions: lucas80 and h-hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT