ADVERTISEMENT

This Never Happens....

NCAA Tournament vs George Washington in the mid 90's. Iowa was the 6 seed, GW was the 11. Iowa was down by 20ish? Had to storm back and win.
Your opinion in regard to Iowa basketball or it’s history, means nothing after trolling the team before and during the game.

Anyone with a sense of pride would disappear back to the Nebby board for several weeks after the epic crash’n burn you pulled off tonight.

Your opinion in regard to Iowa basketball or it’s history, means nothing after trolling the team before and during the game.

Anyone with a sense of pride would disappear back to the Nebby board for several weeks after the epic crash’n burn you pulled off tonight.
I have seen and heard of this putzes rep but my OP stands, I have never had this kind of W happen in my lifetime like this.

I've been around since 1981, I don't recall Iowa winning a game like this, EVER.......Amazing, exhausting and I've had way too many Beers, GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt I was the only one that thought the Northwestern heave with less than a second might find its way to the net....I still cannot believe we found a way to win that game. Northwestern played a great game for 37 minutes.

I doubt I was the only one that thought the Northwestern heave with less than a second might find its way to the net....I still cannot believe we found a way to win that game. Northwestern played a great game for 37 minutes.
I just literally watched replay of the sequences the shot by NW with .3 left would NOT have counted. But yes, 100% you are me here....

I think it was .6 seconds, but to your point, not sure how big guy can catch, turn around AND get shot off in about half a second. Either way, I was terrified.
It sums up our D but we would have been bailed out by replay here. But we made a crazy ass 3 to win a game!!!!!!!????!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!

Actually the Hawks did it to Wiley up in NW in 81 I believe. Vince Brookins tipped in a missed free throw at the buzzer for the game winner and Iowa's only lead.

This was like the Illinois or GW win for excitement. Late games have been unkind to Iowa in the last 37 years since that 81 season....but luck runs in cycles. We're due some late game breaks and tonight we cashed in one of many chits.

Plus having a stone cold killer on your roster doesn't ever hurt.

Actually the Hawks did it to Wiley up in NW in 81 I believe. Vince Brookins tipped in a missed free throw at the buzzer for the game winner and Iowa's only lead.

This was like the Illinois or GW win for excitement. Late games have been unkind to Iowa in the last 37 years since that 81 season....but luck runs in cycles. We're due some late game breaks and tonight we cashed in one of many chits.

Plus having a stone cold killer on your roster doesn't ever hurt.
"Stone cold killer" sounds good!

It does seem like Iowa never hits the big shots to win the game. It was great to finally hit one!

Now football, we’re “game winning field goal kick U”.

This team looks to have things others haven't. Look for more surprises as the season continues. Just something different about this group.

Reactions: TheRealHerky
I recall a comeback against KU in December of 1998. Kent McCausland went crazy from behind the arc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT