ADVERTISEMENT

This OL….

the24fan

HR Heisman
Jul 30, 2007
is just awwwwful….
Absolute hot garbage
Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

Last batted pass just another example. 3 down on line and all block to left including RT leaving Lb lane to come in for a free rush. Maybe Beth needs to come in and show barnett the door too.

Also how does Dejong keep seeing the field. Just awful and yet we waste a scholly allowing him back for a 6th year.

Last batted pass just another example. 3 down on line and all block to left including RT leaving Lb lane to come in for a free rush. Maybe Beth needs to come in and show barnett the door too.

Also how does Dejong keep seeing the field. Just awful and yet we waste a scholly allowing him back for a 6th year.
How do you know that’s the OL’s fault? More likely the true freshman QB shifted them that way pre-snap.

is just awwwwful….
Absolute hot garbage
Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN
I’m not going to make excuses up front. But as an OL/DL coach part of me watching this mess year after year has to say we put them at quite the disadvantage. Tendency and personnel tendencies make it an uphill battle. Scheme puts them at an uphill battle and having a statue QB where teams can pass rush out of rush lanes and DEs/LBs backside can scream down hill Vs squeezing vs the possible QB pulling and running hurts them. We do them zero favors. It starts up front and they have to be better but this crap doesn’t help.

Yep. As bad as Deacon is, he never had a chance with this OL and these receivers. Woof.
Hill is terrible. Petras was serviceable both with shit lines though this years line is better than the past few seasons. That's how horrific it's been.

Reactions: the24fan
This is why I cant wrap my mind around anyone still sticking up for Kirk.

The offensive line is supposed to be his deal and it's been the worst part of the team for a couple years.

WTF are we doing here?

DeJong needs to receive a "participation ribbon" when he leaves.

Fitting. And maybe a glass enclosed penalty flag,

This is why I cant wrap my mind around anyone still sticking up for Kirk.

The offensive line is supposed to be his deal and it's been the worst part of the team for a couple years.

WTF are we doing here?
Missed out on our OT targets and the fallbacks were disasters.

Reactions: MitchLL
Why we’re not aggressively going offer olinemen in the portal is beyond me.

Need to have roster spots for one thing.

Idk how you can look at OL and not objectively look and see they have almost zero shot to succeed between scheme, playcalling, etc

No changes will be made.
As much as I would like to see it, KF will not bring in an OC with the clout to make him dump Barnett (and Copeland).

Reactions: vonviener

I got ridiculed for bring this up. It’s okay to not bring some back. He’s as bad or worse than Plumb.

I got ridiculed for bring this up. It’s okay to not bring some back. He’s as bad or worse than Plumb.
With limited scholarships it should be. I’d rather take a chance on some younger OL in the portal. Not like Iowa didn’t give him 5 years already and a scholarship. Not like kirk would be going full Deion and pulling his scholly.

Sad thing is after 2 and 3 years of starting not a lot of confidence in richman and jones. Colby only one I have some

Joe Philbin when hired will get a new WR and OL coach. Even Kirk can’t stomach it.
Offensive line is reason number one to hire Philbin. Reason one in a glaring way. Never mind the schematic reasons (which there are many) for the return of Joe Philbin. I would think he alone of anyone else mentioned for the job would have the trust level needed to update/fix this mess.

mind boggling that that even 29 days after ccg and all the reps during bowl practice they are so inept. i have zero doubt it's not the players it's the coaching.

mind boggling that that even 29 days after ccg and all the reps during bowl practice they are so inept. i have zero doubt it's not the players it's the coaching.
Well when Uconn gashed Utah state in the air and on the ground and we looked inept still (take away the play where DB who fell down on the first touchdown of the season) it’s more than just “need better players” issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT