ADVERTISEMENT

This should concern all the well-heeled members of GIAHORT....

Same applies to “welfare cheats” vs. grifter cheats like big orange. You know, the guy barred from running charitable organizations in New York State.
You can penalize a million small peeps or one big acehole.

I wonder if Trump is among the 1,600?

.”He said 1,600 millionaires who owe at least $250,000 each in back taxes and 75 large business partnerships that have assets of roughly $10 billion on average are targeted for the new “compliance efforts.”

What exactly is the problem with this?

Okay, let's go down this rabbit hole....

Do you want the police to only arrest drunk drivers who own luxury cars and can afford to pay big fines?

Yes. They specifically said they're targeting millionaires, thus violating the Due Process clause of the Constitution.
I see it’sTrad’s been drinking and wants to be argumentative night. Excellent! Your analogy was they were only going to arrest drivers of luxury cars -that’s not what they’re doing here. This is a targeted initiative aimed at people who apparently owe millions in back taxes. Show me where it says. They are foregoing all other tax collection efforts and auditing.

Don’t be silly.

I see it’sTrad’s been drinking and wants to be argumentative night. Excellent! Your analogy was they were only going to arrest drivers of luxury cars -that’s not what they’re doing here. This is a targeted initiative aimed at people who apparently owe millions in back taxes. Show me where it says. They are foregoing all other tax collection efforts and auditing.

Don’t be silly.

Don't be naïve... "going after the rich" is a priority of this leftist administration.

How about the Equal Protection clause?

Or do you just want to eat the rich and to hell with the Bill of Rights?
See trad dance.
Per post #14, $6 revenue for every dollar spent chasing cheat. That is a good ROI.

It takes money to collect money I guess?

A simpler tax code could increase the ROI there....
As the Washington Post's Catherine Rampell highlighted, a group of researchers found that every $1 the IRS spends auditing a very high-income taxpayer yields over $6 in revenue from audit collections.Jul 20, 2023
https://www.cbo.gov/publication/57444

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
See trad dance.
Per post #14, $6 revenue for every dollar spent chasing cheat. That is a good ROI.

As the Washington Post's Catherine Rampell highlighted, a group of researchers found that every $1 the IRS spends auditing a very high-income taxpayer yields over $6 in revenue from audit collections.Jul 20, 2023
https://www.cbo.gov/publication/57444

You know what Florida spends to collect personal income taxes?

$0.00

Because Florida doesn't have a personal income tax. Imagine that.

First line of code:
If registered_republican then
prosecute = true
If white == true then
Fine = 1000000 x 5
Endif
Endif

Whether you owe anything would ultimately be decided in court. Of course, even if you win in court you spend a fortune to defend yourself. Lose-lose proposition. Better to just give them what they want.

Is this what you want your government to be doing?
Collecting delinquent taxes from tax cheats? Sure, that’s what I’d like the IRS to do. If the government is going to levy taxes they should probably collect what’s owed.

See the Degen thread. I guarantee there's not a single person in there reporting their income as the tax laws say they should

confused022.gif

You know what Florida spends to collect personal income taxes?

$0.00

Because Florida doesn't have a personal income tax. Imagine that.
In other news, day is different than night.
You used to spend a lot of time arguing for a 10% flat tax. Now you want to keep defending tax cheats so that working stiffs like you can continue paying a higher rate.

Let's watch and see what happens. Maybe it'll just be pro athletes and rap stars.
I hate paying taxes but recognize they’re necessary to a functioning society. I’ve been audited a number of times and have paid tons of taxes over the years. Never felt like I had to pay anything I didn’t owe according to the law.

Reactions: ping72
In other news, day is different than night.
You used to spend a lot of time arguing for a 10% flat tax. Now you want to keep defending tax cheats so that working stiffs like you can continue paying a higher rate.

No, I argued for the FAIR TAX which is a national sales tax (with a pre-bate to poor people to offset taxes on necessities).

Like how Florida raises revenue.

I hate paying taxes but recognize they’re necessary to a functioning society. I’ve been audited a number of times and have paid tons of taxes over the years. Never felt like I had to pay anything I didn’t owe according to the law.

There is absolutely NO reason our tax structure should require that we disclose every dollar we made somehow, and from whom we obtained it, and who we gave money to, and on and on and on. That's the opposite of freedom and liberty.

There are better ways of doing this, but then government loses a shit-load of data on us, and more importantly, control.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
There is absolute NO reason our tax structure should require that we disclose every dollar we made somehow, and from whom we obtained it, and who we gave money to, and on and on and on. That's the opposite of freedom and liberty.

There are better ways of doing this, but then government loses a shit-load of data on us, and more importantly, control.
That’s not an enforcement issue, that’s a tax law issue.

Reactions: ping72
That’s not an enforcement issue, that’s a tax law issue.

But to address that more specifically, they're using the data we're required to give them to target people who may be trying avoid paying taxes, and specifically, targeting "millionaires."

Nothing like this would be happening with a national sales tax instead of an income tax.

A couple of years ago my wife and I bought some property in Florida from an individual from England. A year later the IRS declared we owed around $15000 in taxes on the deal. They threatened the hell out of us. We finally paid it to get them off our backs, but my wife went after them. Now she is a lot more intelligent than I am so she handled everything. I am just a rumdum. Well, after another year the IRS sent us a check and an apology. There was no interest paid on the money we sent sent to them.
I did make a long story short here.
Pic of wife?

Yes. They specifically said they're targeting millionaires, thus violating the Due Process clause of the Constitution.
I guess you missed the point. The IRS can be (and has been) used as a weapon. I suspect that's going on here with the 1,600.
Good grief, Trad. Your warped logic never ceases to amaze me. Do you realize there are 22 million millionaires in the US. The IRS is targeting the 1600 because they haven't paid a lot of taxes that are owed. Not sure why you are so concerned about the 1600 tax cheats.

Good grief, Trad. Your warped logic never ceases to amaze me. Do you realize there are 22 million millionaires in the US. The IRS is targeting the 1600 because they haven't paid a lot of taxes that are owed. Not sure why you are so concerned about the 1600 tax cheats.

How many of the 1,600 are Republicans?

How many are big-time GOP donors?

Wake up.

They couldn't nail Al Capone for racketeering, or murder, any of his other gangland crimes...

But they can nail anyone with the tax code. And it's 1,000X worse today.
Again, if you pay your taxes you have nothing to worry about. Al Capone didn't pay his taxes and he left a paper trail. What is it again....that's right, just obey the law!

Again, if you pay your taxes you have nothing to worry about. Al Capone didn't pay his taxes and he left a paper trail. What is it again....that's right, just obey the law!

Yup, if he would have simply disclosed all his ill-gotten gains, and paid taxes on it, they couldn't have convicted him.

But back to reality....

Whether you owe anything would ultimately be decided in court. Of course, even if you win in court you spend a fortune to defend yourself. Lose-lose proposition. Better to just give them what they want.

Is this what you want your government to be doing?
Isn't that the way it is now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT