ADVERTISEMENT

This will not be beat:

Mar 11, 2020
I give you, your 2024 GIAHort Dumbest post of the year.

"Low end wages have been doing well over the past several years"

Well done sir, well done.

I give you, your 2024 GIAHort Dumbest post of the year.

"Low end wages have been doing well over the past several years"

Well done sir, well done.
I about spit my lunch out when I read that stupid post. I normally have that idiot blocked but for some reason I thought I’d check it out and boy was it great.

This Is Cool GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: QChawks
You two are peas in the moron pod.

Data from Specific Periods

• 2018-2023 Wage Growth: Data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that from 2018 to 2023, average hourly earnings for production and nonsupervisory employees in the private sector (a proxy for low-end wages) increased from approximately $22 per hour to around $28 per hour, reflecting broader economic trends and labor market tightness (Project Des Moines).
  • Recent Trends: In 2022 and 2023, low-end wages continued to grow due to ongoing labor shortages in many low-wage industries, such as retail and food service. This growth has been bolstered by rising living costs and inflation, which have pressured employers to offer higher wages to attract and retain workers.

You two are peas in the moron pod.

Data from Specific Periods

• 2018-2023 Wage Growth: Data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that from 2018 to 2023, average hourly earnings for production and nonsupervisory employees in the private sector (a proxy for low-end wages) increased from approximately $22 per hour to around $28 per hour, reflecting broader economic trends and labor market tightness (Project Des Moines).
  • Recent Trends: In 2022 and 2023, low-end wages continued to grow due to ongoing labor shortages in many low-wage industries, such as retail and food service. This growth has been bolstered by rising living costs and inflation, which have pressured employers to offer higher wages to attract and retain workers.
You are the perfect example of confirmation bias. You read that and can't tell what the cart is and what the horse is. Read the last sentence again.

Reactions: TornadoHawk93
You are the perfect example of confirmation bias. You read that and can't tell what the cart is and what the horse is. Read the last sentence again.
You mean that labor shortages have forced employers to pay more? That's how it works.

Inflation has been hoverin right around 3% fr the past year where hourly wages have been at the 5-6% rate.

https://www.atlantafed.org/chcs/wage-growth-tracker

You truly are a moron. It's amazing how many times you get dunked on in here.

Reactions: cohawk
Yes - maybe you'll like this data better.

Wage growth was 50% faster for low-wage workers in states with increases to their minimum wage

7.3% for no minimum wage change

11% for any minimum wage change

https://www.epi.org/blog/a-tight-la...ed-low-end-wage-growth-between-2019-and-2023/
That link has this as its main story right now.

Tipping is a racist relic and a modern tool of economic oppression in the South​

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2

Tipping is a racist relic and a modern tool of economic oppression in the South​

Another interesting subject and an informative article.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2

One problem with that article, and any on this subject is when they state what a tipped worker makes per hour.

They have no clue…hell I was surprised it was over 15 for their figures.

Ya think tipped workers are reporting all their tips? It is more common for a tipped worker to only report the minimum they have to report. Even if you do a survey…they are not going to go on record to anyone that they are cheating on taxes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT