ADVERTISEMENT

Thomsen to Nebraska per Flo

Couple things:

1) I didn't say he was Lambert 2.0, I specifically asked if he was Lambert 2.0, or better. Not talking about styles, talking about AA finishes.

2) Leaders of men. If you haven't watched a few of the Perry interviews, I think you should. There is a ton of telling things in that interview. You can figure from the interview that while a young, cocky college kid, Perry may have respected Tom, but maybe didn't have the warm and fuzzy for him. Fast forward and he thinks he is one of the most influential people in his life. When you reflect and see that someone was pushing you to be a better person at a time when you weren't ready to listen, you gain a lot of respect for the person not just patting you on the head ans saying ata boy. You respect they took the best route, the most caring route and risking a relationship because they really truly cared and wanted you to be better. That to me is a leader of men.

When the Hawks win a couple championships, the compliments will go away. IMHO The lower the Hawks finish, the more love they will get in my opinion. Once they start winning again the haters will be back out. I hope I am wrong, because it is sad to see.
Sadly, I think you're right. It was amazing how much love Jim Zalesky got when the Hawks were flailing near the end of his run as head coach. No disrespect meant at all to Jim, a great Hawkeye, but the psychology of success and the perception of a successful program is interesting. The more you win, the more hate comes your way. When the Hawks get back on top, there will be plenty of hate, rest assured. Heck -- for Iowa, it will always be there, and there's plenty even now, but it will surely intensify.

Couple things:

1) I didn't say he was Lambert 2.0, I specifically asked if he was Lambert 2.0, or better. Not talking about styles, talking about AA finishes.

2) Leaders of men. If you haven't watched a few of the Perry interviews, I think you should. There is a ton of telling things in that interview. You can figure from the interview that while a young, cocky college kid, Perry may have respected Tom, but maybe didn't have the warm and fuzzy for him. Fast forward and he thinks he is one of the most influential people in his life. When you reflect and see that someone was pushing you to be a better person at a time when you weren't ready to listen, you gain a lot of respect for the person not just patting you on the head ans saying ata boy. You respect they took the best route, the most caring route and risking a relationship because they really truly cared and wanted you to be better. That to me is a leader of men.
Very well said.

Reactions: butchinmi
The bottom line is, Thomsen is a great win for Nebraska. Thomsen is the real deal. I think he is the top recruit in the state for the class of 2018. When you can't pick a particular style a kid is best in, you know you have a very well rounded wrestling stud. With that said, I do think Teske is a perfect fit for Iowa. Very heavy hands (best I've seen from a high school kid) aggressive, and a motor that never stops. What's not to love about this kid? Guys that wrestle like that also keep getting better and have so much upside. Wherever Teske goes, that school will be ecstatic. I just hope it's anywhere except ISU... Then my DNA requires I root against him.

I could see Thompson finishing as a 3 time all American but not in the finals any of those years. That is still having a damn suceesful career and I think him and teske are on the same level at this point. Advantage neither

Zalesky and brands have similar coaching resume when it comes to finishing at nationals. If Thompson the next Gilman that's pretty good get

give me a break. yeah. it's my fault.

Where'd I say anything was your fault? Or is your reading comprehension that low? We weren't even recruiting the kid really.

I just said that of course you're high on the kid, he's going to your boys school. Just like I've never once heard you criticize anything about Nebraska. It's because you're too close to the program.

"He's all over Nebraska and PSU."

stop crying. in what way am i 'all over them' ?

You have never once criticized a Nebby wrestler or coach whereas you have almost every other school. You and Snyder are boys, I get it. Just don't get all butt hurt when someone calls you out on it

Reactions: DirkTang1
Wait isn't your name over on the mat forums "husker_du"???? Oh I wonder if you're a Nebby fan...

ADVERTISEMENT