ADVERTISEMENT

***** Thread for Topics Not Deserving of their Own Thread *****

JRHawk2003

HR King
Jul 9, 2003
This has been on my mind for a while. There is a thread like this on another forum I go on now and then. I think it keeps some clutter off the page. JMHO I know.

This is sort of a stream of consciousness thing really.

OK I will start.

I watch the Old Hawaii Five-O a lot on Pluto in the evenings. Or I have it on in the background. Generally its 70's crime stuff with comically depraved criminals, etc. Well last night they had a Vietnam episode, and it was really really harsh. About the son of a WWII hero general who kills himself after coming back from Vietnam. It starts out as the investigation of the murder of a decorated war hero, possibly by his own brother. It turns out the brother stopped one suicide attempt, then had a meltdown to the brother about the kids and old people he greased in Vietnam, and it was caught on tape. The other brother says "I aint getting drafted" and is heading to Canada. Well McGarret gets them all in a room at the end and they listen to the tape and its horrifying, even in 2023. Then the general turns to his living son and says "lets go home"...and the son says "No Dad, I am not going, even if I have to go to jail." Then the dad general says "Then I lost 2 sons". and walks out. End of Episode. Wow. That was unexpected on a Monday evening.

This has been on my mind for a while. There is a thread like this on another forum I go on now and then. I think it keeps some clutter off the page. JMHO I know.

OK I will start.

I watch the Old Hawaii Five-O a lot on Pluto in the evenings. Or I have it on in the background. Generally its 70's crime stuff with comically depraved criminals, etc. Well last night they had a Vietnam episode, and it was really really harsh. About the son of a WWII hero general who kills himself after coming back from Vietnam. It starts out as the investigation of the murder of a decorated war hero, possibly by his own brother. It turns out the brother stopped one suicide attempt, then had a meltdown to the brother about the kids and old people he greased in Vietnam, and it was caught on tape. The other brother says "I aint getting drafted" and is heading to Canada. Well McGarret gets them all in a room at the end and they listen to the tape and its horrifying, even in 2023. Then the general turns to his living son and says "lets go home"...and the son says "No Dad, I am not going, even if I have to go to jail." Then the dad general says "Then I lost 2 sons". and walks out. End of Episode. Wow. That was unexpected on a Monday evening.
Book 'em, Dano.

Amanda Bynes was hospitalized on a 5150 psych hold after she wandered the streets of LA on Sunday morning with no clothes on and flagged down a passing motorist to say she was coming down from a psychotic episode.

Which would be more a more surreal occurrence while driving - having Shawn Kemp shooting at you in a road rage incident or having naked Amanda Bynes flag you down to tell you she’s coming down from a psychotic episode?

Amanda Bynes was hospitalized on a 5150 psych hold after she wandered the streets of LA on Sunday morning with no clothes on and flagged down a passing motorist to say she was coming down from a psychotic episode.

Which would be more a more surreal occurrence while driving - having Shawn Kemp shooting at you in a road rage incident or having naked Amanda Bynes flag you down to tell you she’s coming down from a psychotic episode?

The Amanda Bynes story is a very sad one. Its like the child star nightmare story

Reactions: Moral
Anyone had the Taco John's fried chicken taco?

Taco John's hardshells are a guilty pleasure I gorge on like twice a year.

I had to learn how to use a sewing machine to mend my own clothes, because my sbw thinks it's a negative stereotype for a woman to know how to do anything.

Any dignified man should not own a min-cooper
Disagree. Only person I've ever known to own a Mini Cooper is also probably top 3 badass I've ever known. He was driving trucks professionally at the time he bought it, it's not like he needs something small to maneuver

OK I will start.

That wave during the intro was boner inducing as a preteen surfer. I would watch the beginning as intently as anyone that age could, then once it was over, I'd have to walk up to the cable box to turn the channel to Airwolf and grab a poptart.

Reactions: JRHawk2003
yes, I believe so. I assume the jizz is ranch
giphy.gif

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
That wave during the intro was boner inducing as a preteen surfer. I would watch the beginning as intently as anyone that age could, then once it was over, I'd have to walk up to the cable box to turn the channel to Airwolf and grab a poptart.

I think that is the Bonzai Pipeline on the North Shore of Oahu, which I have visted. Incredible waves...some of those surfers are real daredevils. How far out they would go...really deep water....Tiger Sharks around....yeah

I think that is the Bonzai Pipeline on the North Shore of Oahu, which I have visted. Incredible waves...some of those surfers are real daredevils. How far out they would go...really deep water....Tiger Sharks around....yeah
We always thought it was Waimea shorebreak and not Pipe. It's kinda a legendary intro in the surfing community and everyone had there own theories. I just googled it and an article said they tracked it down to Rockpiles, which I think is a mistake, and they got it confused with Rocky Point. Rockpiles is on the south shore, Rocky Point is on the north shore where they guy filming it said was where he filmed. The mystery deepens.

One interesting and kinda sad fact is that the young fella that filmed the scenes for the intro, turned down a fortune for a quick buck.

Originally, Badiyi was to be paid $200 every time the titles were shown on TV. But early in the first year, the producer decided the show wouldn't last too long on the air and offered him a flat $5000 instead, the equivalent of about two years' worth of broadcasts. Badiyi recalls that he shrugged and said okay. The show ran 13 seasons and has been in reruns for decades. The good-natured Badiyi admits he shrugged away a fortune.

I've recently purchased a couple stereo equipment items that I have been looking for quite awhile (years), used and fairly priced, that worked perfect.

It was cool that there are actually some fair and honest sellers out there still.

How did you get to Pluto?
It's a free app. There is no "on demand streaming", but you stream live shows or movies. I've been watching old Star Treks and Rocky movies on Pluto. I like it, I'm kind of nostalgic for old cable TV, which Pluto is akin to.

Well it's not a planet anymore so...

I love Pluto...really I could live off it, my antenna, and maybe a sports package.
I'm still trying to figure out the right combination of streaming services for me.

I like channel surfing, so for me YTTV has proven to be better/cheaper than cable.

I get Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ package as part of my Verizon Wireless deal.

I get Prime Video from having Amazon Prime.

That's a lot of stuff! I tried adding HBO Max but I'm hardly ever using it, so I imagine I'll drop it.

I've never tried Pluto - I'm going to see what it's got.

Reactions: Bonerfarts
I'm still trying to figure out the right combination of streaming services for me.

I like channel surfing, so for me YTTV has proven to be better/cheaper than cable.

I get Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ package as part of my Verizon Wireless deal.

I get Prime Video from having Amazon Prime.

That's a lot of stuff! I tried adding HBO Max but I'm hardly ever using it, so I imagine I'll drop it.

I've never tried Pluto - I'm going to see what it's got.

I keep YTTV to get Iowa Sports and White Sox games. It's really the six people that you can have on the account that keeps me. I have the HBO Max add on. So my kids get it too.

I watch a lot of ESPN+soccer on weekend mornings.

I get Prime also, but really watch only a few things a year probably on it.

Pluto is Viacoms free service. It has old shows and news, etc.

In summary: When the kids get a little older I will narrow it down. If I could buy Big 10 Network and White Sox games direct. I would likely do that only and use free and antenna for the rest.

I keep YTTV to get Iowa Sports and White Sox games. It's really the six people that you can have on the account that keeps me. I have the HBO Max add on. So my kids get it too.

I watch a lot of ESPN+soccer on weekend mornings.

I get Prime also, but really watch only a few things a year probably on it.

Pluto is Viacoms free service. It has old shows and news, etc.

In summary: When the kids get a little older I will narrow it down. If I could buy Big 10 Network and White Sox games direct. I would likely do that only and use free and antenna for the rest.
I use Prime for Jack Reacher, Jack Ryan, and Clarkson's Farm. But it's also easy to download movies to watch on the plane.

The daughter has my YTTV, but I don't think she ever uses it.

Do you eat skittles one flavor at a time, or just dump random handfuls in your mouth?

I rotate sets of 4 or 5 pieces of each color. Green, yellow, orange , red, then purple. Wait a few minutes and start over with green.

Not with Skittles, but I did do it with Spree

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT