ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Walz DUI

CNN host Michael Smerconish said that concerns around the 1995 DUI arrest of Vice President Harris' running mate, Tim Walz, are a major issue that the campaign has to confront.

"The DUI story is indefensible," he said, later asking if Walz was properly vetted by the Harris campaign.

In comments to reporters in 2006, Walz's campaign for Congress in Minnesota's 1st District insisted he was "not drunk" and blamed a "misunderstanding" with police on "Walz's deafness," which his then-campaign manager said had since been "surgically corrected.

"I don't buy it," Smerconish said, pushing back on claims that Walz's DUI was related to his "hearing disability."

"In the end, it's going to be about the top of the ticket. But to me, the DUI is bigger than the stolen valor allegation, not because of the drinking but because of the lie," he said.

Walz has been criticized by veterans, including by some former Army National Guard members that served alongside him, for leaving the Guard before it was deployed to Iraq.

When asked how the Harris campaign should deal with the controversy around Walz's representation of his 1995 DUI, Smerconish said that it needs to be tackled "full-on."

"Maybe this is as a result of the expedited nature of her ascendancy as a candidate," Smerconish said of the Harris' campaign vetting of the Minnesota governor. "But it makes me wonder how much they really knew about it."

Reactions: Scruddy
You think so? I don't know if tim walz can be trusted since he's proven he will lie about anything.
I know guys who served in the NG with him...he was drunk off his ass most of the time in Afghan......errrrr.........Italy. They actually called this deployment their "Italian Beer Drinking Vacation."

He's been lying about his military service for years lol weird that you dodged stolen valor entirely. Well, not really.
Yeah not like a dude who had his daddy buy him multiple deferments. Speaking of stolen the head of the Republicans stole nuclear secrets and stored them in his bathroom. 😂 Some real stolen valor there.

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
I know guys who served in the NG with him...he was drunk off his ass most of the time in Afghan......errrrr.........Italy. They actually called this deployment their "Italian Beer Drinking Vacation."
I know guys who served in the NG with him, they said no such thing.

Tampon Tim's drunken joy ride is well known but the left does not care. Drunk driving, stolen valor, supporting violent rioters, being super weird in general. Dems don't care. Blue no matter who, baby!
Lol, it's cute how hard Republicans are trying to dig up dirt on Walz. Poor little babies, run back your rapist candidate for comfort.

Lol, it's cute how hard Republicans are trying to dig up dirt on Walz. Poor little babies, run back your rapist candidate for comfort.
It doesn't take a lot of digging with tim walz to realize he is a liar and a fraud. Dems excusing clear cut stolen valor is a great look. You definitely shouldn't be embarrassed. Definitely.

When asked by news media about his 1995 arrest, his congressional campaign said Walz wasn’t drinking when he was pulled over in Nebraska, claiming he failed his field sobriety test due to a misunderstanding related to hearing loss due to his time in the Army National Guard.

Or maybe the hearing loss prevented him from hearing the voice inside his head telling him to quit drinking. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: Scruddy
Man I don’t really want to vote for a rapist fraud who likes to bang kids, but Walz got a DUI 30 years ago so what choice do I have??

It doesn't take a lot of digging with tim walz to realize he is a liar and a fraud. Dems excusing clear cut stolen valor is a great look. You definitely shouldn't be embarrassed. Definitely.
I'm as embarrassed as apparently you are that your candidate raped someone

The DUI means little to me. Drinking and driving in the 90s was a different animal and the guy by all accounts has learned from it. This isn't the hill I'll attack.

- a guy who got hit by a drunk driver in 95 that resulted in the drunk dying on the scene and my mother spending months in intensive care.

So you don't have an actual defense of stolen valor. Got it.
Retired Sgt. Major Joseph Eustice said Walz “fulfilled his duty. He was a great soldier. When he chose to leave, he had every right to leave.”

Vs

"You can do anything. ... Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything."

What's your definition of valor?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT