ADVERTISEMENT

Tristan Wirfs - sends a strong message to the football world and I like it!

CRWash63

Team MVP
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2018
Iowa football alum and NFL star Tristan Wirfs appeared on "The Pat McAfee Show" on Thursday to talk about the team and Ferentz (warning: explicit language used). He praised Iowa for blocking out the noise and having a successful season in spite of the amount of conversation about Ferentz.

"They kinda were fed a s--- sandwich this season with all the stuff that was going on like the whole stuff with Brian coming out in the media," said Wirfs, a Mount Vernon High School alum. "But at the same time the Hawks are 8-2. They find a way to win. (Kirk Ferentz) finds a way to win. And I love Brian, I love KF, I'll die for those guys. They gave me an opportunity from a small little town and I'll always bleed black and gold. But 8-2 we'll see you in Indy."

Anyone with a brain knew that Barta was an idiot for making the 25 ppg stipulation public. Opened up the team for national ridicule every week, which is exactly what happened.

One last blunder on his way out was fitting though. The man was a joke of an AD.
There's never been an AD that f***ed up so many things in Iowa City. What a douche.

Maybe so but it got out. That plus the way the entire situation was handled for the last two years is 100% on him. He gave KF way too much control.
It’s a contract clause for a public employee. The information was always there to be found if/when anyone looked for it.

i genuinely don’t understand why there’s this conspiracy theory around this.

Reactions: uihawk82
Anyone with a brain knew that Barta was an idiot for making the 25 ppg stipulation public. Opened up the team for national ridicule every week, which is exactly what happened.

One last blunder on his way out was fitting though. The man was a joke of an AD.
Internet post of the year.

"sends a strong message to college football"? Come on dude... are you with CNN or some other media rag that blows everything out of proportion?

Nice comments by Tristan, he's definitely a Hawkeye through and through. Gotta love his support of the program. But let's not go overboard.

I think it was quite brilliant. Made it much easier to justify his firing, which was completely necessary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT