ADVERTISEMENT

Time to stop giving a crap about people getting "triggered" by stuff.

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously. We need to start telling these people to "Get over it or close their eyes". Goddamn this is stupid. I think I'm getting triggered by these people getting triggered.

Anya Taylor-Joy slammed for 'triggering' Instagram post: 'Can we not normalize starvation?'​

Anya Taylor-Joy landed herself in hot water with her fans.

The actress attended the New York premiere of "Dune: Part 2" in a gold bodycon dress, with a layer of black tulle on top. In an Instagram post recapping the night, Taylor-Joy posted a black-and-white photo of herself in the corset she was wearing underneath, showing her followers how slim her frame is.

Commenters immediately began voicing their opinions about the actress' decision to share the photo, with some calling it toxic, and others saying there's nothing wrong with it.

"Do you realize how corsets are hurtful for women's health and should not be promoted," one person wrote, with another adding, "Can we not normalize starvation?"

"Rough. Expected better from you tbh. Thinness isn't chic," another follower commented. "Nothing to be proud of & sets a poor example for young girls," wrote another.

"This is really triggering to a lot of people :(," one comment read.

While there were many negative comments under the post, there were some who came to the actress' defense, with one fan writing, "Sensing A LOT of pettiness and jealousy in these comments."

Some fans called for everyone to "let a woman be free" and realize "she’s not promoting anything" by posting a photo of herself in an outfit. "If she likes it good, if you don’t, it’s perfectly fine," they concluded.
anya-taylor-joy-split.jpg

Seriously. We need to start telling these people to "Get over it or close their eyes".

Absolutely.

Leave the gay and trans people alone. If you don't like how they look or act, just look the other way.

Leave folks alone who need an abortion. Don't like abortions? Don't get one. Let other people live their own lives and stay out of it.

U gonna go to the next CPAC rallies and tell 'em?

Absolutely.

Leave the gay and trans people alone. If you don't like how they look or act, just look the other way.

Leave folks alone who need an abortion. Don't like abortions? Don't get one. Let other people live their own lives and stay out of it.

U gonna go to the next CPAC rallies and tell 'em?
I agree 100% with everything you said. Not sure what it has to do with people being triggered by stuff and not being able to go on with their day because of hearing or seeing something they didn't like.

IMO, it's almost always the secondary reaction that is most obnoxious. I can understand sharing an opinion on something or sharing how something makes a person feel. But, when it goes one level beyond that into reacting to other people's opinions, it gets a little stupid.

Last edited:
Much if it is just for clicks. Find a handful of people who gripe then package that into an article of tweets under the headline “Internet explodes over Anya Taylor-Joy outfit”
I always think back to the Evergreen College story back in 2016 leading up to the election. Someone wrote the word "Trump" in chalk on a set of steps on campus. And students had to go to therapy after reading and felt like their lives were in danger. They didn't need therapy. They needed to be told, "Life is tough. Suck that shit up or you'll never survive it."

this is like a triggered snake eating its own tail

most of the "triggered" discussion i see is from people who are upset that others are upset about something
People point out dumb things all the time. It pretty much makes up the entirety of this board. Very few of those people are "triggered" by those stupid things they share. Same goes with this. Do you not think it's completely fvcking stupid for some dipshit Karen to get triggered by someone in a corset?

People point out dumb things all the time. It pretty much makes up the entirety of this board. Very few of those people are "triggered" by those stupid things they share. Same goes with this. Do you not think it's completely fvcking stupid for some dipshit Karen to get triggered by someone in a corset?
sure.

just like its stupid that people get triggered because of pronouns. difference is we're only drafting legislation based on one of those

sure.

just like its stupid that people get triggered because of pronouns. difference is we're only drafting legislation based on one of those
There are certainly levels to it. Is Dave Chappelle triggered? JK Rowling? Or are they simply stating what they see to be some insane shit happening?

There are certainly levels to it. Is Dave Chappelle triggered? JK Rowling? Or are they simply stating what they see to be some insane shit happening?
the first time they mention it...ok

but they have basically built their recent professional lives around their stance on trans issues and being "cancelled" because of it...so, yeah...i'd consider them triggered (or just generally insufferable at this point)

the first time they mention it...ok

but they have basically built their recent professional lives around their stance on trans issues and being "cancelled" because of it...so, yeah...i'd consider them triggered (or just generally insufferable at this point)
Yeah. But you're also considering me to be triggered by people being triggered by people with corsets. Which is 100% not the case. I don't care that those people exist. I don't care that they care. I think it's quite amusing and fascinating that someone could loudly express displeasure in something as simple as an Oscars outfit and describe it as "triggering". Quite amazing that those people exist.

I'm triggered. Don't know why, but I will find something.

Bananas, I hate pictures of bananas, especially ones spooning. Seeing dying/rotting fruit spooning is disrespectful of other bananas and fruit. 🤣 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: seminoleed
I always think back to the Evergreen College story back in 2016 leading up to the election. Someone wrote the word "Trump" in chalk on a set of steps on campus. And students had to go to therapy after reading and felt like their lives were in danger. They didn't need therapy. They needed to be told, "Life is tough. Suck that shit up or you'll never survive it."
The company that I worked for in 2016 was about 90% women (no pics), mostly ranging from late 20s to late 30s. I had lunch with four of them the day after the election and naturally it was a topic of discussion. They were all crying while we were talking about it. While my poker face was fully intact, I was literally sitting there thinking "WTF IS GOING ON?!" Smart, educated, funny and attractive women, several of whom have since become business owners, and they were acting like they were going to have to live in cages or something. I was floored.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
So, you're "selective" in what you claim is "triggering" and what you need to "intervene" with.
You make shit up. Period. All the time. You’ve done so in this thread on more than one occasion. Why do you want me to argue with you when you’re telling me that I believe the sky is orange ?

I’ve been down that road with you several times. I’m not doing it anymore. All you do is make stuff up that you want to be true and argue from that viewpoint as if it is fact, like when you say ignorant shit like “Why do you keep voting for those people?” Or when you say “Why don’t you leave those people alone?” Not interested in engaging with your lunacy.

You make shit up.

What am I "making up" here?

You apparently are fine with some "triggered" things, and not others.
I'll sit back and wait for you to call out the anti-trans/anti-gay groups and anti-abortion groups for their "triggered" behaviors over things that have NOTHING to do with them...

The company that I worked for in 2016 was about 90% women (no pics), mostly ranging from late 20s to late 30s. I had lunch with four of them the day after the election and naturally it was a topic of discussion. They were all crying while we were talking about it. While my poker face was fully intact, I was literally sitting there thinking "WTF IS GOING ON?!" Smart, educated, funny and attractive women, several of whom have since become business owners, and they were acting like they were going to have to live in cages or something. I was floored.
I cried too.

Seriously. We need to start telling these people to "Get over it or close their eyes". Goddamn this is stupid. I think I'm getting triggered by these people getting triggered.

Anya Taylor-Joy slammed for 'triggering' Instagram post: 'Can we not normalize starvation?'​

Anya Taylor-Joy landed herself in hot water with her fans.

The actress attended the New York premiere of "Dune: Part 2" in a gold bodycon dress, with a layer of black tulle on top. In an Instagram post recapping the night, Taylor-Joy posted a black-and-white photo of herself in the corset she was wearing underneath, showing her followers how slim her frame is.

Commenters immediately began voicing their opinions about the actress' decision to share the photo, with some calling it toxic, and others saying there's nothing wrong with it.

"Do you realize how corsets are hurtful for women's health and should not be promoted," one person wrote, with another adding, "Can we not normalize starvation?"

"Rough. Expected better from you tbh. Thinness isn't chic," another follower commented. "Nothing to be proud of & sets a poor example for young girls," wrote another.

"This is really triggering to a lot of people :(," one comment read.

While there were many negative comments under the post, there were some who came to the actress' defense, with one fan writing, "Sensing A LOT of pettiness and jealousy in these comments."

Some fans called for everyone to "let a woman be free" and realize "she’s not promoting anything" by posting a photo of herself in an outfit. "If she likes it good, if you don’t, it’s perfectly fine," they concluded.
anya-taylor-joy-split.jpg

Honestly this isn't even something that warrants an article. Some idiots on the internet shared their opinion with the world about an actress's choice of dress.

Why is this even worth caring about?

And lets be frank this is click bait, that's all it is. Most people don't care. They will write these articles because like one person wrote something critical and make it seems like the whole world is talking about it and it's the controversy of the year.

Reactions: steelhawkeye
That is pretty funny, similarly, I had a person at work walking through the halls and screaming change is coming the day after Obama was elected.
Turns out neither Trump or Obama being elected made the country great or awful.

Reactions: jasonrann
Yeah. But you're also considering me to be triggered by people being triggered by people with corsets. Which is 100% not the case. I don't care that those people exist. I don't care that they care. I think it's quite amusing and fascinating that someone could loudly express displeasure in something as simple as an Oscars outfit and describe it as "triggering". Quite amazing that those people exist.
yeah...i think the people upset about corsets are just as ridiculous as the people upset about the people upset about corsets

yeah...i think the people upset about corsets are just as ridiculous as the people upset about the people upset about corsets
Agreed. If you find anyone upset about those people let us know. We will shit all over them!

What am I "making up" here?

You apparently are fine with some "triggered" things, and not others.
I'll sit back and wait for you to call out the anti-trans/anti-gay groups and anti-abortion groups for their "triggered" behaviors over things that have NOTHING to do with them...
Maybe you need to read more threads as I did just that yesterday, you fvcking twit.

last one i saw was posting a thread specifically about that

what an idiot...right?
If he was upset about it, yeah total idiot. Not as big of an idiot as people believing others are upset about something they’re not, but yeah. Complete dipshit.

i guess you came to your senses after posting this...good

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT