ADVERTISEMENT

Today on twitter.

Didn't want to bump a Brock thread, so figured I'd post this here. Still appreciate how Brock handled things doing his due diligence and sorry it didn't work out for him and Iowa. Wish him well except for when he plays us.

That said, when an ISU fan tries to claim Brock chose them over us, in Brock's own words:

"I was talking to (Iowa tight ends coach LeVar) Woods, who is the recruiting coordinator for this area. He told me they really wanted me, but they had to take the commitment from the kid from Georgia," Brock said. "He said he didn't know they were taking a junior college back. I think the new running backs coach (Derrick Foster) was more high on the guy from Georgia, and I was kind of Coach Woods' guy.

"They still wanted me to come there, but they didn't want me to be in the same position."

Didn't want to bump a Brock thread, so figured I'd post this here. Still appreciate how Brock handled things doing his due diligence and sorry it didn't work out for him and Iowa. Wish him well except for when he plays us.

That said, when an ISU fan tries to claim Brock chose them over us, in Brock's own words:

"I was talking to (Iowa tight ends coach LeVar) Woods, who is the recruiting coordinator for this area. He told me they really wanted me, but they had to take the commitment from the kid from Georgia," Brock said. "He said he didn't know they were taking a junior college back. I think the new running backs coach (Derrick Foster) was more high on the guy from Georgia, and I was kind of Coach Woods' guy.

"They still wanted me to come there, but they didn't want me to be in the same position."

That would actually be worthy of bumping one of those threads so the ISU supporters would be able to see Brock's response

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Check out @HawkeyeFootball’s Tweet:
I think with a year in the system, the weight room, and just his natural maturity progressing, we'll see big things from Nate the next couple of seasons. Look up Chuck Longs records in the book. If Stanleys here two more full seasons, he's going to take a run at them, certainly the TD's anyway. If he chases down Long's 10,000 yards, then were in for a real treat.

“Probably won’t happen.”

I’m sure the ISU coaching staff has warm and fuzzy feelings about this commitment after reading the article. I’d be searching for his replacement since it sounds like he is keeping all options on the table concerning his recruitment.

At least Brock was honest, many guys would want the perception to be that they held all the cards. Good luck to him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT