ADVERTISEMENT

Today on twitter.

Hooorreeeeyyyyyyyyy..... sheet ISM. HOOOOOORRRREEYYYYYYYY SHEEETTTT WTF ARE THOSE Linebackers doing?
I have to take this with a grain of salt because its vs. our defense, but who knows it could happen in a live game. Like ISM said he got jets. I like the idea dragging him across in space.

I have to take this with a grain of salt because its vs. our defense, but who knows it could happen in a live game. Like ISM said he got jets. I like the idea dragging him across in space.
How many laps did ism do for that back flip

With AJ having a year under his belt as well, I think our DEs are going to be VERY good this year.
On 3rd downs ... having Nelson and Epenesa on the edges ... they'll be awfully tough against the pass ... and that will be without sacrificing against the run (unlike our raider package).

Even more exciting is that with Epenesa being able to pick up more snaps ... the trio of Hesse, Nelson, and Epenesa will be a pretty fresh group. And if they need to be spelled at all ... we have guys like Brincks and Golston who are capable of supplying us with high-quality snaps.

giphy.gif

I’m going to an Alex Padilla game in three weeks. First time I’ve ever gone to a high school football game without personally knowing any of the participants.
giphy.gif
Going to watch him is one thing, if you randomly in the neighborhood.. traveling 600 miles to watch a kid play and take a picture with him so totally different.

Reactions: Harbinger273
I’m going to an Alex Padilla game in three weeks. First time I’ve ever gone to a high school football game without personally knowing any of the participants.
giphy.gif
I will be at the Cherry Creek vs Doherty game in Colorado Springs on Thursday. I will post some thoughts on his performance. Looking forward to watching a future Hawk (I live 5 miles from Doherty HS)

Reactions: Harbinger273
And probably ISU. IIRC Peavy was arrested Thanksgiving night and then blew the Kansas State game on Saturday

Things are looking pretty loose around Ames nowadays. Pretty sure they had a linemen arrested in December/January for driving drunk and hitting a car. Apparently he will be playing the first game.

Things are looking pretty loose around Ames nowadays. Pretty sure they had a linemen arrested in December/January for driving drunk and hitting a car. Apparently he will be playing the first game.

Kamilo Tongamoa, charged with OWI and hitting a parked car. Currently listed as Ray Lima's backup. Haven't been able to find anything recently on him, so we'll see if he plays week 1 or not.

Kamilo Tongamoa, charged with OWI and hitting a parked car. Currently listed as Ray Lima's backup. Haven't been able to find anything recently on him, so we'll see if he plays week 1 or not.
The Newton Daily News is on their game apparently.

Iowa State head football coach Matt Campbell suspended one of his players in January for a drunk driving arrest. Kamilo Tongamoa was suspended indefinitely but was reinstated during fall camp and won’t miss any games.

http://www.newtondailynews.com/2018...ath-of-fresh-air-amid-other-scandals/ahiad3x/

Defensive lineman Kamilo Tongamoa was suspended indefinitely in January for his DUI arrest. Campbell said before the start of fall camp that Tongamoa is no longer suspended and he will play against South Dakota State.

http://www.newtondailynews.com/2018/08/09/cy-hawk-games-are-inching-closer/axstzaz/

The Newton Daily News is on their game apparently.

Iowa State head football coach Matt Campbell suspended one of his players in January for a drunk driving arrest. Kamilo Tongamoa was suspended indefinitely but was reinstated during fall camp and won’t miss any games.

http://www.newtondailynews.com/2018...ath-of-fresh-air-amid-other-scandals/ahiad3x/

Defensive lineman Kamilo Tongamoa was suspended indefinitely in January for his DUI arrest. Campbell said before the start of fall camp that Tongamoa is no longer suspended and he will play against South Dakota State.

http://www.newtondailynews.com/2018/08/09/cy-hawk-games-are-inching-closer/axstzaz/
Well good for him. I guess if Campbell ever gets that offer from OSU, he'll fit right in won't he. But seriously coach, how's about your definition of "indefinitely", if you would please enlighten us..........:confused:

Reactions: NorthDSMHawk
Well good for him. I guess if Campbell ever gets that offer from OSU, he'll fit right in won't he. But seriously coach, how's about your definition of "indefinitely", if you would please enlighten us..........:confused:

If it was a penalty similar to what Peter Jok faced during his suspension than it is a fairly significant penalty. If they still allowed him to utilize football facilities, training table, etc. while suspended than it was a suspension in name only.

If it was a penalty similar to what Peter Jok faced during his suspension than it is a fairly significant penalty. If they still allowed him to utilize football facilities, training table, etc. while suspended than it was a suspension in name only.
Even though getting a DUI on a moped is much, much different than driving a car drunk, hitting a car, and fleeing an accident, Jok's punishment was still a joke. I'm personally over the Fran experiment anyway, but lost a lot of respect for him after Jok not missing a game.

Even though getting a DUI on a moped is much, much different than driving a car drunk, hitting a car, and fleeing an accident, Jok's punishment was still a joke. I'm personally over the Fran experiment anyway, but lost a lot of respect for him after Jok not missing a game.

Can you let me know what you think the penalty consisted of?

Can you let me know what you think the penalty consisted of?
I believe it was no/limited access to the training facilities and probably running some stairs. I can tell you what it wasn't, and that's missing any actual playing time in a game. You know, the thing that they do all this for.

If you think an OWI and an additional arrest for driving on a suspended licence within 3 months doesn't merit sitting out a least a couple non-con games to start the season, I guess we'll have to disagree.

I believe it was no/limited access to the training facilities and probably running some stairs. I can tell you what it wasn't, and that's missing any actual playing time in a game. You know, the thing that they do all this for.

If you think an OWI and an additional arrest for driving on a suspended licence within 3 months doesn't merit sitting out a least a couple non-con games to start the season, I guess we'll have to disagree.

I don't disagree that he should have missed games. However taking the training table perks away for the summer for a college student is significant. When I was a college athlete I would have preferred missing a game against IUPUI or Grinnell to having to buy all of my food all summer. The food programs at these major schools anymore is crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT