• Disgusting, cannot stand them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Have no clue what they are

Votes: 33 86.8%

• Total voters
Tom and Jerrys:

Step 1: Live in Wisconsin

Step 2: Be a fat drunk

Step 3: Buy the mix from the end cap freezer at the grocery store.

Always nice to see other people post polls. They're fun.

Like some others, I don't know what a Tom and Jerry's is. How do you make one?

I do love Ben & Jerry's ice cream, though. Does that count?
You can find Tom and Jerry Batter at some if not most Hy Vee stores. In the Freezer section. Decades ago you always got it from the local bakeries. You can make your own, but most people do not have the equipment to make it right.

You take hot water, Tom and Jerry batter, rum, also maybe some cognac put it in a cup, stir and drink. It is fantastic when you come in from working or playing in the cold. Or just because they taste great.

Tom and Jerrys:

Step 1: Live in Wisconsin

Step 2: Be a fat drunk

Step 3: Buy the mix from the end cap freezer at the grocery store.
12 of the 20 most drunk cities per capita are in Wisconsin. Does not surprise me.

You can find Tom and Jerry Batter at some if not most Hy Vee stores. In the Freezer section. Decades ago you always got it from the local bakeries. You can make your own, but most people do not have the equipment to make it right.

You take hot water, Tom and Jerry batter, rum, also maybe some cognac put it in a cup, stir and drink. It is fantastic when you come in from working or playing in the cold. Or just because they taste great.

how old are you?

What says you HROT, thumbs up or thumbs down.
I've only had it a few times. And I've had both good and bad, so I guess it averages out to 'meh'. The neighborhood bar/supper club I hang out has been doing them for Christmas season probably before I was born. I make sure to have one or two per season. The rest I've had not so much. So I guess it depends on surroundings ...

Awesome winter drink and not just a Wisconsin thing. You can find Tom & Jerry mix up in NW Iowa and in South Dakota, found T&J mix in the Twin Cities as well. Had them all the time growing up when we'd go back to Remsen (virgin T&Js for kids). Prefer to drink mine with brandy or spiced rum but like bourbon too.

You guys are missing out if you haven't tried these on a cold winter night.

I'll give you a nasty hot nog.

1CHX.gif

Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT