ADVERTISEMENT

Re-watching Kerk vs Cass and I have rulebook questions

You should post over on BWI more. Great group of Hawk fans over there right now. You’re a perfect fit ..

Oh and try to bring @el dub with ya..
Thanks my friend. I just like to keep it real. Love my Hawks but refuse to make or entertain excuses when things don’t go our way. We need to learn from the past and find a way to beat you guys…and hopefully more frequently than 2 or 3 times a decade! :)

Thanks my friend. I just like to keep it real. Love my Hawks but refuse to make or entertain excuses when things don’t go our way. We need to learn from the past and find a way to beat you guys…and hopefully more frequently than 2 or 3 times a decade! :)
Interesting. I might have to set up a go fund me page to finance the move. (I’m guessing there are folks here who would pay to see that happen. Lol)

But, shucks… We all know I’d soon get booted for teasing ya’ll about having a team that wears white belts after Labor Day, anyway.

I've kept totally quiet about last night's showing by the Hawks. I personally don't see any reason for concern although you'd still like to see them win im sure.

Been here long enough to see folks meltdown because for years the Hawks didn't seem to peak in March a/o looking beaten up heading into Nationals...this after having such strong early to mid-season showings. Last season I predicted PSU was gonna knock off the Hawks even though they weren't picked to do it. Early season, fans were growing restless and some complaining that many of the starters were sitting out and through December had very few matches. I'll be totally honest , at this point I was really starting to be concerned because my prediction and hope was that all those 6 and 7 year guys were going to be beaten down again in March. I thought Tom was "playing" everything to perfection even though in the end it just wasn't enough to protect his guys from injuries.

Bnicol insists Brands has learned some things. I'm sure he was strictly talking about recruiting but no diss to Brands but maybe they changed some of their training strategies. Who knows, yesterday's results may had something to do with it. I'm spitballin' but if I were a Hawk fan I wouldn't be concerned much over the exhibition. As for PSU, I thought for sure they were going to drop a match or two. Cael preaches the process and it's all about Nationals. I'm mildly surprised they won all 3 matches.

The nature of these debates was first explored over 30 years ago by a team of very deep Pennsylvania philosophers (who aptly referred to themselves as Poison). Their conclusion: Every beautiful rose (like the Cesspool) has it's thorns (PSU fans). There's your psychology lesson for the day.

Or was it Aristotle that discovered this principle? Anyway, just accept it as truth.

The nature of these debates was first explored over 30 years ago by a team of very deep Pennsylvania philosophers (who aptly referred to themselves as Poison). Their conclusion: Every beautiful rose (like the Cesspool) has it's thorns (PSU fans). There's your psychology lesson for the day.

Or was it Aristotle that discovered this principle? Anyway, just accept it as truth.
San Dimas High School football rules!

I've kept totally quiet about last night's showing by the Hawks. I personally don't see any reason for concern although you'd still like to see them win im sure.

Been here long enough to see folks meltdown because for years the Hawks didn't seem to peak in March a/o looking beaten up heading into Nationals...this after having such strong early to mid-season showings. Last season I predicted PSU was gonna knock off the Hawks even though they weren't picked to do it. Early season, fans were growing restless and some complaining that many of the starters were sitting out and through December had very few matches. I'll be totally honest , at this point I was really starting to be concerned because my prediction and hope was that all those 6 and 7 year guys were going to be beaten down again in March. I thought Tom was "playing" everything to perfection even though in the end it just wasn't enough to protect his guys from injuries.

Bnicol insists Brands has learned some things. I'm sure he was strictly talking about recruiting but no diss to Brands but maybe they changed some of their training strategies. Who knows, yesterday's results may had something to do with it. I'm spitballin' but if I were a Hawk fan I wouldn't be concerned much over the exhibition. As for PSU, I thought for sure they were going to drop a match or two. Cael preaches the process and it's all about Nationals. I'm mildly surprised they won all 3 matches.
Spot on…nobody preps for nationals like Cael. Like him or hate him, he wins when it matters. As for my Hawks, this will be a challenging year…too many holes (2-3 is too many these days).

Spot on…nobody preps for nationals like Cael. Like him or hate him, he wins when it matters. As for my Hawks, this will be a challenging year…too many holes (2-3 is too many these days).
What 2-3 holes are we talking about? 157 right now, is the only spot I see as a HOLE. I get you need mid-to high AAs to win titles, but every other weight has at least a shot right now to AA.

Brands at 174 is obviously needed. IF Chitum steps in at 157, it is game on in my honest opinion. Waiting to see what is happening with our guys till after break is the way I see this playing out.

Teske or other has to show us something, I am assuming Woods is precautionary. PK looks good although needs a bigger test, Assad also. Cass and Warner are right at the top. Murin is always game.

Let the Wrestling GODs shine down on LEE so he can open up a can of whoop ass!!!

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
You pretty much discussed them. Like most I want to be competitive and have an off chance of beating PSU, and in order to do that we have to pretty much have AA talent at every weight and absolute hammers at 5 of them…in my humble opinion.

You pretty much discussed them. Like most I want to be competitive and have an off chance of beating PSU, and in order to do that we have to pretty much have AA talent at every weight and absolute hammers at 5 of them…in my humble opinion.

Yep,

The reality is Teske, Murin, Siebrecht, Brands and Assad have never been on the stand after having previous varsity eligible seasons to do so. The tea leaves say low AA is likely the ceiling and low AA points don't do much for team titles.

Yep,

The reality is Teske, Murin, Siebrecht, Brands and Assad have never been on the stand after having previous varsity eligible seasons to do so. The tea leaves say low AA is likely the ceiling and low AA points don't do much for team titles.
This is exactly right. So many unknowns and guys who have to get on the podium that haven’t yet. Ncaas are a brutal week. Experience wins but dam I hope those guys pull through

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
What 2-3 holes are we talking about? 157 right now, is the only spot I see as a HOLE. I get you need mid-to high AAs to win titles, but every other weight has at least a shot right now to AA.

Brands at 174 is obviously needed. IF Chitum steps in at 157, it is game on in my honest opinion. Waiting to see what is happening with our guys till after break is the way I see this playing out.

Teske or other has to show us something, I am assuming Woods is precautionary. PK looks good although needs a bigger test, Assad also. Cass and Warner are right at the top. Murin is always game.

Let the Wrestling GODs shine down on LEE so he can open up a can of whoop ass!!!
You do realize a lot of stars have to align just to get the desired starters onto the mat at the same time? Then everyone has to stay healthy and all the young guys have to perform better than expected. And PSU has to tank….

You do realize a lot of stars have to align just to get the desired starters onto the mat at the same time? Then everyone has to stay healthy and all the young guys have to perform better than expected. And PSU has to tank….
I believe we will have our best line up at NCAAs ready to rumble. F***valley kitty kale st. does not have to tank. We have to perform, Please see predicted points from current rankings. If our young crew and our vets who have not reached their peak levels in my opinion get their jobs done. We can win it.

Yes, many things have to go our way, I get it, but they do not have an insurmountable advantage. Kid at 157 is now putting together some nice wins for us. Maybe he surprises everyone. Brands looked pretty good. Assad keeps winning. Get Spencer and Woods in the line-up and that can also have a big impact on how everyone performs!

Reactions: Grip220 and el dub
I believe we will have our best line up at NCAAs ready to rumble. F***valley kitty kale st. does not have to tank. We have to perform, Please see predicted points from current rankings. If our young crew and our vets who have not reached their peak levels in my opinion get their jobs done. We can win it.

Yes, many things have to go our way, I get it, but they do not have an insurmountable advantage. Kid at 157 is now putting together some nice wins for us. Maybe he surprises everyone. Brands looked pretty good. Assad keeps winning. Get Spencer and Woods in the line-up and that can also have a big impact on how everyone performs!
That would be nice.

honest question: when was the last time a hawkeye team reached their "peak level" at ncaa's?

even the year we won was an underperformance. 2010? at this point, it has to be seen to be believed imo. staff hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt.

honest question: when was the last time a hawkeye team reached their "peak level" at ncaa's?

even the year we won was an underperformance. 2010? at this point, it has to be seen to be believed imo. staff hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt.
Saying more than two of the five mentioned above will reach the podium is a stretch, imo. At least at this point.

Reactions: AFHawk86
I’d bet on 2 of those 5 reaching the podium this year.
U would take the over, but I would not bet the farm!

Yes I will agree. In the coaches defense, I think the missed year was the year we were performing at our best. The domination at B1Gs that year was pretty impressive.

I have stated before a few things. 1) we have been a little snake bitten if you will. 2) From what I can find(which isn't a ton) on their training, which includes weight training, They are not where they need to be. I believe they are making many mistakes.

That being said, The amount of Wrestlers getting hurt seems to be very high. Wrestling was(guessing still is) the sport with the highest injury rate. I would like to see todays statistics(too lazy to do research) and compare it to our HAWKS. This would tell us if we are in line with everyone else, and it is just because we follow IOWA so closely that we think too many injuries are hitting our team? Or if we are indeed at the very top of the list?

As some already pointed out. This year we already have had our share. Obviously Lee we all already knew the deal. Woods I have no idea what is happening and I do not know his past well enough to say if he felt with injures before coming over. Brands got into a Motorcycle accident so no blame on the coaches in that one I think. Stafford was/is also down, not sure who else???

This would certainly be a good year to peak at NCAAs

Reactions: AFHawk86
U would take the over, but I would not bet the farm!

Yes I will agree. In the coaches defense, I think the missed year was the year we were performing at our best. The domination at B1Gs that year was pretty impressive.

I have stated before a few things. 1) we have been a little snake bitten if you will. 2) From what I can find(which isn't a ton) on their training, which includes weight training, They are not where they need to be. I believe they are making many mistakes.

That being said, The amount of Wrestlers getting hurt seems to be very high. Wrestling was(guessing still is) the sport with the highest injury rate. I would like to see todays statistics(too lazy to do research) and compare it to our HAWKS. This would tell us if we are in line with everyone else, and it is just because we follow IOWA so closely that we think too many injuries are hitting our team? Or if we are indeed at the very top of the list?

As some already pointed out. This year we already have had our share. Obviously Lee we all already knew the deal. Woods I have no idea what is happening and I do not know his past well enough to say if he felt with injures before coming over. Brands got into a Motorcycle accident so no blame on the coaches in that one I think. Stafford was/is also down, not sure who else???

This would certainly be a good year to peak at NCAAs
they were just as dominant at 2021 big tens and still underperformed against an even less proven psu team.

the standard is the standard. i want dominance. i want 5+ in the semis and 3+ in the finals every season. i want guys who score points and put guys on their back. i want EXCITING wrestling. brands has not lived up to that standard and that's on him. nobody roots for the hawks harder than me. i just want them to be better.

And therein lies the problem. As of late (past 10-11 years) PSU is doing a shitty job of tanking; they just won't do it. :( And the other part of that is that Cael has a pretty good record of bringing healthy hammers to NCAAs, which doesn't help the whole tanking concept either.

Their hammers can be beaten; we just need all the stars to align for that to happen. And then we need our guys to exceed expectations...some in a big way (i.e., PK), which I think is possible.

Sadly, ain’t happening. One major reason why many Iowa fans like me have basically abandoned HR. It has evolved into a playground for PSU fools with self esteem issues.

You crap stains CAN NOT get the best of me, and those twat waffles could never come close. Happy thanksgiving to all.
I have always come here to talk wrestling and have never been disrespectful. That said I am a bit confused right now. I seem to have many characteristics of a Twat Waffle......but also fit in quite nicely with the Crap Stains. Do I have to choose one or can it be like shared custody? You know......every Wednesday, every other weekend and a month in the summer. Thanking you in advance for your kind suggestions ...:) The T-Ball is now yours

Last edited:
they were just as dominant at 2021 big tens and still underperformed against an even less proven psu team.

the standard is the standard. i want dominance. i want 5+ in the semis and 3+ in the finals every season. i want guys who score points and put guys on their back. i want EXCITING wrestling. brands has not lived up to that standard and that's on him. nobody roots for the hawks harder than me. i just want them to be better.
I am all in and with you 100%! I honestly think that missed NCAAs we would have had 3 champs in LEE, LUGO, and the BULL! I feel this year we could very well see the numbers you are talking about.

We have LEE, WOODS, and WARNER as very good shots as champions/ finalists with the only thing stopping LEE from #4 is if he is less then 50%. Big CASS will need to figure some things out to reach the finals but certainly should be in Semis. MURIN could also make it with a good seed and run.

I like what I see with PK too. Kid is a BIG solid 165!!! The weight is loaded like a freight train with studs, but this kid sure looks like he can go with anyone. We also have some Hammers coming in. It looks like we will be very solid at all 10 weights if everything goes as planned.

Biggest question is will Big Ben be wrestling Heavy for us? Otherwise I see no holes in our future line up and a lot of potential champions. I will add, and I understand I am in the minority on this and there are plenty of risks, but I would be going hard after the younger Ferrari

I am all in and with you 100%! I honestly think that missed NCAAs we would have had 3 champs in LEE, LUGO, and the BULL! I feel this year we could very well see the numbers you are talking about.

We have LEE, WOODS, and WARNER as very good shots as champions/ finalists with the only thing stopping LEE from #4 is if he is less then 50%. Big CASS will need to figure some things out to reach the finals but certainly should be in Semis. MURIN could also make it with a good seed and run.

I like what I see with PK too. Kid is a BIG solid 165!!! The weight is loaded like a freight train with studs, but this kid sure looks like he can go with anyone. We also have some Hammers coming in. It looks like we will be very solid at all 10 weights if everything goes as planned.

Biggest question is will Big Ben be wrestling Heavy for us? Otherwise I see no holes in our future line up and a lot of potential champions. I will add, and I understand I am in the minority on this and there are plenty of risks, but I would be going hard after the younger Ferrari
I see potentially four weights for improvement.

1. Between 141, 149, and 157, you have Chittum and Block. But that’s only two bodies with three weights.
2. 174 as I don’t think PK is a 74. Not saying he won’t ever move up, but I think his best wrestling is at 65.
3. 197. This weight still needs to be recruited.
4. HWT. To my knowledge, no one has ever been highly successful at wrestling while doing another sport at the same time. I think Keuter is going to be one heck of a football player. Will be hard to turn down football money.

4. HWT. To my knowledge, no one has ever been highly successful at wrestling while doing another sport at the same time. I think Keuter is going to be one heck of a football player. Will be hard to turn down football money.

Jack Cuvo was a three time DI AA wrestler for East Stroudsburg, fifth and two championships and was a two time DII AA in cross country.

• Wow
Reactions: IRONBIRD
I see potentially four weights for improvement.

1. Between 141, 149, and 157, you have Chittum and Block. But that’s only two bodies with three weights.
2. 174 as I don’t think PK is a 74. Not saying he won’t ever move up, but I think his best wrestling is at 65.
3. 197. This weight still needs to be recruited.
Chitum at 57, PK at 65, Ferrari at 74, Assad at 84, Not sure if Arnold could grow to 97??? There is a boat load of lite weights that will need to get sorted out.

Chitum at 57, PK at 65, Ferrari at 74, Assad at 84, Not sure if Arnold could grow to 97??? There is a boat load of lite weights that will need to get sorted out.
I don’t know exactly how many years Assad has left. Covid year has me all thrown off, and I don’t know if he could apply for a medical year since he missed the whole 20-21 season.

I would say no on 97 for Arnold unless he hits a big growth spurt. He is a short 84 currently.

Reactions: el dub
I don’t know exactly how many years Assad has left. Covid year has me all thrown off, and I don’t know if he could apply for a medical year since he missed the whole 20-21 season.

I would say no on 97 for Arnold unless he hits a big growth spurt. He is a short 84 currently.
He could possibly grow his senior year of high school.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT