ADVERTISEMENT

Tomorrow is an important date.

Never knew about Overlord on TCM right now. Interesting how it presented.

I'm not sure how many of you know this. Eisenhower had a pre-written letter before DDAY saying the invasion had failed.

Just think about that.

Eisenhower is one of my favorite people to research. Stephen Ambrose did a good job writing his history. If you don't like to read, order the oral volume.

Trust me, you won't regret it.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I'm not sure how many of you know this. Eisenhower had a pre-written letter before DDAY saying the invasion had failed.

Just think about that.

Eisenhower is one of my favorite people to research. Stephen Ambrose did a good job writing his history. If you don't like to read, order the oral volume.

Trust me, you won't regret it.

people tend to praise Eisenhower for managing the Allies but I don't think they appreciate him enough as a field commander. Granted he didn't use the most imaginative strategy to defeat Germany in the West. However I think the broad front strategy was the best way to exploit the numerical troop & enormous firepower advantage over Germany. Really didn't give the Germans anywhere to decisively concentrate.

Of course mistakes were made but Eisenhower made very sound battlefield decisions.

people tend to praise Eisenhower for managing the Allies but I don't think they appreciate him enough as a field commander. Granted he didn't use the most imaginative strategy to defeat Germany in the West. However I think the broad front strategy was the best way to exploit the numerical troop & enormous firepower advantage over Germany. Really didn't give the Germans anywhere to decisively concentrate.

Of course mistakes were made but Eisenhower made very sound battlefield decisions.

So true. He also had to deal with a ton of egos around him

img-1-1717975576471.webp

Reactions: seminole97
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT