ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Perkins enters the Transfer Portal

Ice Cube Friday GIF

This one stings.
I wish we had resources to retain his services if this is about NIL.
He struggled late in the year but was probably playing with wrist injury.
His shooting was sketchy after the wrist injury which makes sense.

I will again quote new MICH coach Dusty May from his introductory presser today
" at FAU I spent 20 to 25 % of my time on working to enhance our NIL collective, meeting with boosters and business people"

This seems to be the new job description for college coaches.
Can Fran adapt?

A really good player whose inconsistency and sometimes overzealous defending or whatever kept him from being a 4.5 out of 5.

If he gets on a team with a real good pt guard and he is the starting 2 and can really zero in his shot he could have a big year. If he shoots better from trey range and players run at him he can dribble drive for layups and stuffs. He has to find that type of game

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I am very happy that this is the last year of the additional year of eligibility due to COVID. 24 or 25 year old men and women should not be playing college basketball after four years. It also takes roster spots for younger players.
Absolutely. This should have been only for the seniors the covid year when the schedule was disrupted........

Brock Harding better begin preparing to play a ton of minutes next season.
I gave Fran a B- this year as a rebuilding season
That kind of pass is over now.
Officially Fran is on the clock.
Next year..pass/fail test is making the NCAA tourney, period.

As of right now this roster needs more talent to achieve that, imo.

Tony didn’t really have anything anchoring him to the program any longer either. Really can’t blame him for giving it one more year elsewhere. Remember, he came in with Ogundele, the Murray’s, and Ulis. The year before him was Toussaint and Pmac. The year after was Mulvey and Sandfort. Not really anyone left (other than Sandfort) to “run it back with” like CCs crew.

Like many others I'm not surprised and have thought for a long time this is what would happen. Tony said as much himself many months ago in stating that this was his last year at Iowa.
While he certainly had his flaws, I appreciate what he gave for 4 years. Despite the letdown in the last few games he was the best all around player on the floor for Iowa this year taking the entire season into account.
Good luck to him in finding a nice one year payday where he gets to play his natural spot as a 2 on a team with a chance to make a run in the tourney.

Yeah, pretty much as expected, but kind of sad for Hawkeye fans IMO.

He was very good at times and at other times he was totally out of control. His career ended with a thud at Iowa in the last few games IMO as well. Good luck TP, just not in the BIG.

McCaffery better figure out the guard situation and the portal or Iowa will be in the bottom third of BIG next year. Personally, not very optimistic.

Considering Iowa’s nearly non existent NIL support, they aren’t in a position to pay Tony’s asking fee(I’m hearing 300k). It’s best to move on.
Not many outside of the bluebloods can afford to pay that to ONE player.

I don't think Kansas or Kentucky needs him ...perhaps North Carolina will need a one-and-done bridge guard in a rebuilding year. I could also see deep pocket programs like Texas, Michigan and Oregon reaching out.

Reactions: Moral
The last of the Iowa players that can use the portal as an excuse to get a 5th year. That's for the four years. Your still not a point guard!

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Not many outside of the bluebloods can afford to pay that to ONE player.

I don't think Kansas or Kentucky needs him ...perhaps North Carolina will need a one-and-done bridge guard in a rebuilding year. I could also see deep pocket programs like Texas, Michigan and Oregon reaching out.
Middle of the pack Big East teams and middle to upper of the pack SEC teams (not Kentucky) are paying north of 500k for Rutgers big guy. Schools that are probably comparable or just a slight step up from Iowa.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT