ADVERTISEMENT

Top 3 Video Games/Series

giphy.gif

Hit me with your top 3 you filthy animals. Mine are.......

1. NCAA Football games
2. Red Dead 1&2
3. GTA's

Honorable Mention: Hitman series.
Half Life
Doom/Wolfenstein
Hollow Knight

tbh, these are the only videos games I've ever played as an adult but I loved them all.

I've never been a big gamer but I'd have to say the GTA games for sure. And the game series I've probably spent the most hours playing in my life were the Age of Empires computer games.

I need to find a way to get access to those AoE games again. My god those were fun.

I've never been a big gamer but I'd have to say the GTA games for sure. And the game series I've probably spent the most hours playing in my life were the Age of Empires computer games.

I need to find a way to get access to those AoE games again. My god those were fun.
Buy an Xbox series s, get game pass. The AOE library is on it. Connect a keyboard/mouse and boom you’re in business.

• Love
Reactions: McLovin32
It's really, really hard for me to pick these but....

1) Mass Effect/Baulder's Gate (It's a tie)
2) Civilization
3) GTA

Crap, I totally forgot Elder Scrolls and Baulder's Gate...add those to my top 3.

Also, HURRY UP WITH THE NEXT ELDER SCROLLS FFS!!

Mario
Zelda
Warcraft

Diablo 2 LoD is the best overall game ever made followed by ocarina of time

Reactions: Pinehawk
Mass Effect (Andromeda never happened)
Elder Scrolls
Baldur's Gate
Andromeda wasn't as bad as people say it was imo. The story was kind of lame, for sure. It was clear they just winged it. They had a promising premise but then decided that really boring was the way to go. However, I actually really liked the gameplay. It was the best of all the series, imo. I don't think I would have finished it otherwise because God knows the story wasn't compelling enough to keep me playing.

Andromeda wasn't as bad as people say it was imo. The story was kind of lame, for sure. It was clear they just winged it. They had a promising premise but then decided that really boring was the way to go. However, I actually really liked the gameplay. It was the best of all the series, imo. I don't think I would have finished it otherwise because God knows the story wasn't compelling enough to keep me playing.
Combat was fun but EA REALLY needs to lose the frostbite engine for RPGs. Like Dragon Age: Inquisition, the worlds were long stretches of empty. They moved their "A" squad to work on Anthem which was a spectacular flop and put the B team on this game. Didn't work out so well but it is EA.

Reactions: BioHawk
I'm also going to use this thread to list my favorite games on all platforms:

PS5: TBD. I don't think the genre defining game has come out yet as most games have been sequels to other franchises and nothing really defining. Honestly, the most unique game I've played for it is the Astrobot game that came with the system.
Nintendo Switch: Tough call but I'll go with Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Wii U: Probably the New Super Mario Bros. but this system barely qualifies for anything
PS4: Horizon: Zero Dawn
PS3: The Last of Us. Uncharted 2 a very close 2nd place
XBox360: Mass Effect
Sega Dreamcast: NFL2k (Fundamentally changed the way sports game presentation)
PS2: GTA: San Andres
XBox: Halo
PS1: Final Fantasy VII
Super Nintendo: Zelda: A Link to The Past
Sega Genesis: Uh...I never had this system so I didn't play enough games on this to really know. Mainly just NHL 95 :p
Nintendo: Super Mario 3
Atari 2600: Pitfall 2

PC: I'll say Civilization because it is the one game I have played in pretty much every iteration of PC I have ever owned and still enjoy playing to this day.

Combat was fun but EA REALLY needs to lose the frostbite engine for RPGs. Like Dragon Age: Inquisition, the worlds were long stretches of empty. They moved their "A" squad to work on Anthem which was a spectacular flop and put the B team on this game. Didn't work out so well but it is EA.
Yeah, EA really screwed it up. Although while the premise was interesting, I kind of think it was doomed from the start. People want to know what happened next in the Milky Way, no one really cares what was going on in the Andromeda galaxy and with no Earth, the stakes of the original Mass Effect just weren't there.

When I say I liked the gameplay I like the fighting gameplay. I also actually liked how they implemented the Mako and imagine it was far closer to what they envisioned with the Mako in Mass Effect 1. But you aren't wrong that there was a whole lot of nothing on those planets and the something they would occasionally have wasn't really all that interesting.

Gary Grigsby’s hex based WW2 games I think of as a lineage, although not exactly a series:
Second Front - War in Russia - Western Front - War in the East - War in the West - War in the East 2
Own but haven’t started his epic War in the Pacific Admiral’s Edition. I’ll wait until I’m retired to play that part of WW2 on a day by day basis.

The Digital Combat Systems game engine that has been used to platform a bunch of planes I dreamed to fly.

Diablo series. Used bandwidth at the FSU Strozier library computer lab to download and install the demo (machines weren’t locked down at all in this regard, they were still building it out). If I remember the demo was something like 50MB. Not trying that on dial up.
Recently bought the last one mainly as platform to keep in touch and shoot the shit with an old buddy.

Gary Grigsby’s hex based WW2 games I think of as a lineage, although not exactly a series:
Second Front - War in Russia - Western Front - War in the East - War in the West - War in the East 2
Own but haven’t started his epic War in the Pacific Admiral’s Edition. I’ll wait until I’m retired to play that part of WW2 on a day by day basis.

The Digital Combat Systems game engine that has been used to platform a bunch of planes I dreamed to fly.

Diablo series. Used bandwidth at the FSU Strozier library computer lab to download and install the demo (machines weren’t locked down at all in this regard, they were still building it out). If I remember the demo was something like 50MB. Not trying that on dial up.
Recently bought the last one mainly as platform to keep in touch and shoot the shit with an old buddy.
I see a common thread in the type of games you like to play. :)

I see a common thread in the type of games you like to play. :)
Outside looking in would easily be NCAAFB on Xbox. Had a roommate for around three years that played dynasty mode with using 5min qtrs. Put part time job number of hours into that game.
Haven’t picked up a newer console to play the latest one. Told my son we have to finish all the stadiums in ‘09 before we see what the new game looks like. We’re in the ‘Ns’, just took down the Lobos last week.

PS5: TBD. I don't think the genre defining game has come out yet as most games have been sequels to other franchises and nothing really defining. Honestly, the most unique game I've played for it is the Astrobot game that came with the system.
Wii U: Probably the New Super Mario Bros. but this system barely qualifies for anything
Sega Genesis: Uh...I never had this system so I didn't play enough games on this to really know. Mainly just NHL 95 :p

PC: I'll say Civilization because it is the one game I have played in pretty much every iteration of PC I have ever owned and still enjoy playing to this day.
solid lineup

Reactions: BioHawk

I would say for ps 4/5 gran turismo 7.

Overall Series is tough because other than Nintendo, a lot of the developers haven’t had both longevity, individual greatness AND consistency. But I would say:

1) Zelda
2) Total War
3) Mario
With Honorable Mentions that I could easily swap out with these three being: Uncharted, Metroid, and Castlevania.

My All-time Favorite Games that I could redo anytime are:

1) Alpha Centauri
2) Star Control 2
3) Elder Scrolls Skyrim
4) Divinity: Original Sin 2
5) Masters of Orion 2
And too many Honorable Mentions to go over

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT