ADVERTISEMENT

Top Secret CIA File Taken to trump White House Missing-Contained Raw Russian Intelligence

Huh, never thought of that. I guess they always worked together. Stupid me to think the NSA, FBI and CIA didn't work together to gather intel.

My understanding is that they share intel, and sometimes work together on task forces as well, but to some extent this remains regimented. For example, CIA can’t gather intel from inside the USA so they need cooperation from FBI and NSA.

FBI would be similarly limited when getting intel internationally.

This was at the core of the 9/11 failures - the various agencies didn’t effectively share what they had.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
My understanding is that they share intel, and sometimes work together on task forces as well, but to some extent this remains regimented. For example, CIA can’t gather intel from inside the USA so they need cooperation from FBI and NSA.

FBI would be similarly limited when getting intel internationally.

This was at the core of the 9/11 failures - the various agencies didn’t effectively share what they had.
They worked together on 9/11. CIA was gathering intel and FBI was in charge of finding the ones responsible. Powell was in charge of getting US military in the region. There is no way they weren't working on an operation that large and important to not be talking to each other. Plausible deniability if they say they didn't talk to each other.

They worked together on 9/11. CIA was gathering intel and FBI was in charge of finding the ones responsible. Powell was in charge of getting US military in the region. There is no way they weren't working on an operation that large and important to not be talking to each other. Plausible deniability if they say they didn't talk to each other.

Get out of here with that bullshit

You mean post-9/11?

When they did their postmortem afterwards in that 9/11 commission part of the findings was that tragically they had lots of the pieces of it, but because they had different areas of responsibility they hadn’t historically done a great job of communicating with each other.

Reactions: Torg and fsu1jreed
You mean post-9/11?

When they did their postmortem afterwards in that 9/11 commission part of the findings was that tragically they had lots of the pieces of it, but because they had different areas of responsibility they hadn’t historically done a great job of communicating with each other.
Awful lot of Feds on here. Didn't realize we as Americans citizens weren't allowed to question the Government. Robert Mueller got in front of congress and said Iraq had WMD's. To believe commination between departments didn't happen is just plain stupid. They screwed up and used "we didn't talk with each other" as an excuse.

I had a MAGA acquaintance tell me last month that Biden was knee deep in collusion with…Russia. I told him “I think you mean Ukraine, that’s what FoxNews tells you after all”. But no, he has somehow decided it’s all a deep Russian fake out and that really Biden is actually on the Russian payroll. All while trying to get more armor to Ukraine to kill Russians.

The MAGA crowd is so deep into conspiracy bullshit that they will willfully contradict themselves without missing a beat.
Your acquaintance may be nuts, but it's really no different than Trump Russia conspiracy which many lefties gobbled up for years, and some still do. Don't forget that.

Conventional wisdom says stay away from the extremes and you'll likely be OK...but we're less and less conventional all the time.

Your acquaintance may be nuts, but it's really no different than Trump Russia conspiracy which many lefties gobbled up for years

That "conspiracy" was verified by the Mueller Report AND 2 Senate Intel Committee Reports.

And since then, we've learned the FBI head, who was in charge of tracking Russian influences, was actually on the pay-list of one of the main oligarchs.

So, really not a "conspiracy" nowadays, as it is factually supported.

Awful lot of Feds on here. Didn't realize we as Americans citizens weren't allowed to question the Government. Robert Mueller got in front of congress and said Iraq had WMD's. To believe commination between departments didn't happen is just plain stupid. They screwed up and used "we didn't talk with each other" as an excuse.

Who said you couldn’t question the government?

The distinction that I’m disagreeing you here is that 1) we’re talking different agencies, not departments. FBI and CIA had fairly clear differences in which either operated. 2) no doubt the poor communication is/was a CYA moment for both.

Some of that was a result of turf battles, some of it was honest mistakes, others were part of both still operating by Cold War rules, etc. stuff that Al-qaeda, knowingly or by accident, created blind spots that they took advantage of.

Bottom line 9/11 was a massive intelligence failure.

That "conspiracy" was verified by the Mueller Report AND 2 Senate Intel Committee Reports.

And since then, we've learned the FBI head, who was in charge of tracking Russian influences, was actually on the pay-list of one of the main oligarchs.

So, really not a "conspiracy" nowadays, as it is factually supported.

Fvcking FACTS

Reactions: Joes Place
Who said you couldn’t question the government?

The distinction that I’m disagreeing you here is that 1) we’re talking different agencies, not departments. FBI and CIA had fairly clear differences in which either operated. 2) no doubt the poor communication is/was a CYA moment for both.

Some of that was a result of turf battles, some of it was honest mistakes, others were part of both still operating by Cold War rules, etc. stuff that Al-qaeda, knowingly or by accident, created blind spots that they took advantage of.

Bottom line 9/11 was a massive intelligence failure.
Totally agree. Just for your clarification. I personally don't believe they weren't talking with each other in some way. It was a shit show, and no one wanted responsibility for it. What Mueller said is still on him, he wouldn't have said it if he hadn't been briefed with something. So, the CIA does the intel gathering, so he had to have gotten something from them.

Your acquaintance may be nuts, but it's really no different than Trump Russia conspiracy which many lefties gobbled up for years, and some still do. Don't forget that.

Conventional wisdom says stay away from the extremes and you'll likely be OK...but we're less and less conventional all the time.
Agreed, Biden and Russia not so much. Ukraine and Biden I can believe. The acquaintance has his countries mixed up.

Huh, the director of the FBI (which gathers intelligence) quoted the Secretary of Defense. Where do you think Powell got the intel from?

Huh, the director of the FBI (which gathers intelligence) quoted the Secretary of Defense. Where do you think Powell got the intel from?
Duh! From Dick Cheney., who manufactured it. By the way Bush was president, so the buck stops there.

NO, he said Powell said that. Bush was president and Cheney pushed for attacking Iraq and Cheney made millions and maybe billions because his company Haliburton made $39.5 Billion. Just quit.

You didn't read the Mueller Report. There was collusion and obstruction of justice. Pick up a copy and read for yourself.

Duh! From Dick Cheney., who manufactured it. By the way Bush was president, so the buck stops there.
Can't stand any of the Cheneys. They lie for their own benefit. Wasn't a fan of either Bush or still a fan of them.

Looks like Shark changed handled to weasel back under ignore. If not, him, sounds as dumb. Ignore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT