ADVERTISEMENT

tough loss but season not over

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
certainly proves the Zags are without question the best team in the land.

we can still push for a B1G title starting with a tough test Tuesday against at Purdue.

I still believe in this team, the loss hurts, but it’s only December. A lot can happen with COVID still in the cards.

chin up hawks fans

I thought they'd have a better showing than this, but this loss doesn't have to have a negative impact on their NCAA tourney performance which is WAY more important. Sure, it's not fun that they're being embarrassed on national TV. In the long run it won't mean much come tourney time.

This defense is awful. Gonazaga is a good but let’s not pretend this game couldn’t be closer with a competent defense.
That's why many of us have kept harping on the D, despite the offensive prowess they clearly have. Number 1 on O is only going to take a team so far when they are in the high 70s on D.

I thought they'd have a better showing than this, but this loss doesn't have to have a negative impact on their NCAA tourney performance which is WAY more important. Sure, it's not fun that they're being embarrassed on national TV. In the long run it won't mean much come tourney time.
its a 10 point game and we are being embarassed ? lol 89-79

This team needed to be knocked down a few squares. They talked like they were the best team. Now they know they aren’t close to it. Bounce back for conference play

Garza showed up. Maybe the team will buy in to better defense and maybe Fran himself. The game was winnable. Great that this type of loss has happened early. Playing another cream puff team would have done nothing for improving the team.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I feel good about the outcome of this game. Shoot our average and make free throws and we're right there. We looked terrible and still competed.

Reactions: DougFHawkeye
CircularPastelBonobo-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
This team won’t play better defense. So if people are waiting for that to happen, through fundamentals or coaching...it ain’t happening

Suggs shot a ridiculous 70% from 3 on 10 attempts. So let’s pretend he was just ‘hot’ and shot 50%. That’s -6 off their total.

Now let’s say how makes just 5 more FTs to be 19/26 from the line. On par w their normal output. That’s tie game at 93

So it takes an NBA level player going nuts and us shooting below our average. We’ll be ok this year. First game outside of Carver might add.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT