ADVERTISEMENT

Toughest game left on schedule?

HawkMachine

HR Heisman
Jul 6, 2020
IOWA
I'm thinking Nebraska.

Their defense has improved and are 3rd in the nation against the run. Right behind PSU and we know how that turned out.

Luckily it's the last game of the season so we have time to develop.

But if we can't run, you know we cant' throw.

Oh, it's a road game as well.

Thoughts?

I've been looking at all the team statistics.

This one should be very low scoring.

The team who limits big plays and turnovers will most likely win the game.

Reactions: pmtdc
My heart says that Nebby is the toughest left. It's the only true road game left on the schedule and they might get hot down the stretch. But, lets be honest here. we could EASILY lose to Minn. UGH!!!

Lets not screw this up like we did the last game of the year last year!!! Get this done Hawks!!!!!

Win the next 4, Wisconsin loss to OSU (or anyone) and Nebby game doesn’t matter for the West championship.

(Well, unless Nebby goes undefeated until then.)

• Haha
Reactions: BlowinGuysHawkeye
I think that every single Iowa game this year will be suspenseful until the end. I'm really hoping some TEs step up in a hurry and become on of the next great Iowa TEs. It doesn't seem too sustainable to continue winning with sub 100 yard passing games.

I think it will be Nebraska. They will probably get to a bowl game this year. Good turnaround for their coach.

I think Rutgers could be sneaky tough though. They aren't the Rutgers of old but terribly inconsistent.

With the way we play, no game is a gimmie but I feel confident about all of them.

I'm thinking Nebraska.

Their defense has improved and are 3rd in the nation against the run. Right behind PSU and we know how that turned out.

Thoughts?

3 home games, 2 away games.

Difficulty, in order:

at Little Debbie
vs Rutgers
vs Minny
vs Illinois
at Northwestern

Iowa's remaining regular season schedule and what ESPN calculates as Iowa's chances of wining each game:

73.0%...Oct 21 vs Minny.................(3-3, 1-2)
..............Oct 28 BYE WEEK
83.5%...Nov 4 at N'western..........(3-3, 1-2)
70.4%...Nov 11 vs Rutgers.............(5-2, 2-2)
75.6%...Nov 18 vs Illinois...............(3-4, 1-3)
67.4%...Nov 24 at Little Debbie...(3-3, 1-2)

My heart says that Nebby is the toughest left. It's the only true road game left on the schedule and they might get hot down the stretch. But, lets be honest here. we could EASILY lose to Minn. UGH!!!
Lets not screw this up like we did the last game of the year last year!!! Get this done Hawks!!!!!

That's the problem with this team; it simply can't turn the ball over. We all saw in the Penn State game what happens when we do. Both special teams and the offense turned the ball over to Penn State. Granted, none of our 5 remaining opponents are even close to PSU, but the point remains.

Iowa currently is just a 3.5 point favorite over Minnesota; the O/U is 31. So, Vegas is looking at a 17-14 type game. And you still should probably bet the under. So, fans can look ahead, but the team better not.

The slogan is catchy and it sells t-shirts, but continual 3 and outs by the offense and then punting is not winning Iowa a B1G Championship or a CFP berth.

And speaking of turnovers and not screwing this thing up, here's a reminder of how we did vs Penn State:

......................Penn State.....IOWA
Time possession....45:27......14:33
Yds Offense...............397...........76
1st Downs....................28.............4
3rd Down.................9-20..........1-9
Lost Fumbles...............0..............4

Win the next 4, Wisconsin loss to OSU (or anyone) and Nebby game doesn’t matter for the West championship.

(Well, unless Nebby goes undefeated until then.)

Little Debbie (3-3, 1-2) plays 6 weeks in a row and their schedule is favorable.

Oct 21 vs N'western
Oct 28 vs Purdue
Nov 4 at Michigan State
Nov 11 vs Maryland
Nov 18 at Wisconsin
Nov 24 vs IOWA

Little Debbie (3-3, 1-2) plays 6 weeks in a row and their schedule is favorable.

Oct 21 vs N'western
Oct 28 vs Purdue
Nov 4 at Michigan State
Nov 11 vs Maryland
Nov 18 at Wisconsin
Nov 24 vs IOWA
Is it really that favorable? Based on ESPN FPI Rankings:
Nebraska - 67
Purdue - 60
MSU - 59
MD - 26
Wisconsin - 28
Iowa - 33

To me it looks like they would be underdogs on neutral field in 5 of their last 6, so the Purdue home game is probably a toss up and they'll be picked to lose the other 4. They should beat Northwestern. If they go 6-0 vs that schedule I'd be absolutely shocked. Remember people are worried that Iowa will drop a game because our bad offense, but Nebraska scores less points per game than Iowa!

Look no farther than last season.
ISU and Nebraska.

And Illinois

The 5 ugly losses last season:

7-10.......Clown U
14-27.....Michigan
6-9........Illinois
10-54....Ohio State
17-24.....Little Debbie, the official snack cake of the B1G

Reactions: amahawk
Is it really that favorable? Based on ESPN FPI Rankings:
Nebraska - 67
Purdue - 60
MSU - 59
MD - 26
Wisconsin - 28
Iowa - 33

To me it looks like they would be underdogs on neutral field in 5 of their last 6, so the Purdue home game is probably a toss up and they'll be picked to lose the other 4. They should beat Northwestern. If they go 6-0 vs that schedule I'd be absolutely shocked. Remember people are worried that Iowa will drop a game because our bad offense, but Nebraska scores less points per game than Iowa!

When I say it's a favorable schedule, Little Debbie doesn't have a Michigan/OSU/PSU left on the schedule like Wisky does. They have 4 home games, 2 away games. Their away games (MSU, Wisky) are against teams that are clearly beatable. I am not saying they are going 6-0, that's for sure. ;)

Nevertheless, here are the chances that ESPN gives of them winning each of their remaining games:

69.5%...Oct 21 vs N'western
50.5%...Oct 28 vs Purdue
39.4%...Nov 4 at Michigan State
31.4%...Nov 11 vs Maryland
21.7%...Nov 18 at Wisconsin
32.3%...Nov 24 vs IOWA

• Haha
Reactions: BlowinGuysHawkeye
When I say it's a favorable schedule, Little Debbie doesn't have a Michigan/OSU/PSU left on the schedule like Wisky does. They have 4 home games, 2 away games. Their away games (MSU, Wisky) are against teams that are clearly beatable. I am not saying they are going 6-0, that's for sure. ;)

Nevertheless, here are the chances that ESPN gives of them winning each of their remaining games:

69.5%...Oct 21 vs N'western
50.5%...Oct 28 vs Purdue
39.4%...Nov 4 at Michigan State
31.4%...Nov 11 vs Maryland
21.7%...Nov 18 at Wisconsin
32.3%...Nov 24 vs IOWA
That looks about right! Do you have Iowa's by chance? Guessing 60+ on the majority?

Oct 21 vs N'western
Oct 28 vs Purdue
Nov 4 at Michigan State
Nov 11 vs Maryland
Nov 18 at Wisconsin
Nov 24 vs IOWA
If they want to go bowling, they better win the next 3 weeks.

And Illinois

The 5 ugly losses last season:

7-10.......Clown U
14-27.....Michigan
6-9........Illinois
10-54....Ohio State
17-24.....Little Debbie, the official snack cake of the B1G

• Haha
Reactions: BHCrusader2010
I'm thinking Nebraska.

Thoughts?
What a shit stain on a schedule lol ... no wonder no one takes this program seriously

Unfortunately, it was 20-0 heading to the 4th qtr

Michigan led Iowa in total yards offense, 327-281

Petras was 21-31 for 246 yds and 1 TD.

Leshon & KJ combined for 66 yds rushing

Iowa did not turn the ball over
That damn throw short of or right at the sticks on 4th down and the infamous roughing call on our Center 10 yards downfield blocking a guy (like he is supposed to do) to the whistle.

Reactions: Franisdaman
That damn throw short of or right at the sticks on 4th down and the infamous roughing call on our Center 10 yards downfield blocking a guy (like he is supposed to do) to the whistle.
Ya I remember being at the game and thinking when Iowa had a chance to score and make it 20-14 they would come back and win but then turned it over on downs on 4th and goal. Michigan controlled a lot of that game but Iowa was a couple plays from having all the momentum with a lot of the 4th quarter yet to play.

Reactions: General Tso
Iowa has not beat any team Nebraska has lost to this season, so we’ll see. We’ll see how Iowa does this weekend. Minnesota wins easy if they have zero turnovers. Minnesota has the best DB in the bigten.

BlowinHawkeyeGuys' team STILL isn't bowl eligible.

Will this be Nebby's breakout year?

Their soft pvssy schedule had set them up pretty well

I think we win comfortably tomorrow. 13-7.
😆
The Nebbie game will be the toughie imo

Reactions: IAHUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT