ADVERTISEMENT

True Detective Season 4

Go watch Season 1 now.

Plan on binge watching it because you wont be able to stop. It’s up there with Band of Brothers and Lonesome Dove as the best series ever.
Speaking of Lonesome Dove... with all the remakes over the years and the popularity of 1883 and 1923 I can't believe that this one hasn't been updated.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
Speaking of Lonesome Dove... with all the remakes over the years and the popularity of 1883 and 1923 I can't believe that this one hasn't been updated.

I would cut anyone dumb enough to try to remake this classic. I’ll bring Sam and Tommy Lee with me!

I cant get over how ****ing stupid this season was. Literally makes season 2 look like a masterpiece. Still not sure wtf i watched lol

Reactions: GES4
I also did not like the end. Spoiler ahead.

Nerd rage and me too mob. The only interesting thing to me was the frozen skeleton in a spiral shape they like to reference in the show.

I thought the finale was fine. It wasn't the best ever but it was far from the worst. It honestly was prob the 2nd best episode of the season. The premise of the season was actually pretty cool, just some of the writing and cuts didn't really make sense.

There were cringe moments, but also some really solid moments. FWIW I think it's better than season 2. Season 2 sucked ass.

I thought the finale was fine. It wasn't the best ever but it was far from the worst. It honestly was prob the 2nd best episode of the season. The premise of the season was actually pretty cool, just some of the writing and cuts didn't really make sense.

There were cringe moments, but also some really solid moments. FWIW I think it's better than season 2. Season 2 sucked ass.

Season 2 was complete horseshit.

So rankings wise:

1 - AINEC - nearly the GOAT of short TV series

3 - I would watch Ali read a phone book. And Dorff and McNairy were great. Really surprised how good Dorff was in the role.

4 - Some good moments; a little sloppy.

2 - Disaster. Train wreck. OMG

It's amazing how bad writing and bad storytelling can make solid actors look awful. Surrounding Jodi with amateurs didn't help but just nothing about that season was remotely believable. And the whole she's awake, somethings out there etc... really just was used as a way to not explain anything in the end. It was bad.

It's amazing how bad writing and bad storytelling can make solid actors look awful. Surrounding Jodi with amateurs didn't help but just nothing about that season was remotely believable. And the whole she's awake, somethings out there etc... really just was used as a way to not explain anything in the end. It was bad.
I thought Reis was actually very good, just had shit dialogue. She really shined in scenes like the midwife childbirth center. Was hard for her to polish a turd. I thought the direct supporting cast was also good. Both old (Hawkes) and young prior (Bennett) were excellent. Again, writing, they didn't have much to work with.

Reactions: h-hawk
I cant believe all the positive reviews. I also get a kick out of the twitter blaming toxic masculinity for those who don't enjoy it lol. Ice samples!

Started off strong (was interesting) and then faded. They tried to make sense of things but left many holes and things unanswered or didn’t things didn’t make sense… rushed to wrap it up. Not sure if it was laziness or what. Still liked it better than S2 though.

Started off strong (was interesting) and then faded. They tried to make sense of things but left many holes and things unanswered or didn’t things didn’t make sense… rushed to wrap it up. Not sure if it was laziness or what. Still liked it better than S2 though.
I think they also kind of spun their tires on the same things over and over in episodes 2-4.5. Or they just kind of made things convenient so they were in the right place in the right time.

Critical reviews are saying it was one of the best season finales ever. Am i living in a fantasy land? What in the actual **** lol
That's just cuz women good, men bad - can't criticize all the feminine heroism

I think they also kind of spun their tires on the same things over and over in episodes 2-4.5. Or they just kind of made things convenient so they were in the right place in the right time.
To me they should have embraced the supernatural, or left it out. I thought episode 1 was very entertaining. When the woman followed her dead husband's ghost out to the frozen pile bodies, I was like, all right, this is interesting, we got some freaky shit happening. And then there were visions of ghosts, but really they were irrelevant. it was essentially an adaptation of murder on the orient express, with half of the town in on it.

A meh from me. It was at least still more interesting than a network cop drama. Back to 15th rewatch of Station Eleven.

I liked that a lot. I also like the last of us a lot. I guess I'm a sucker that that genre, as I think the first few seasons of TWD were amazing.

Yeah it's straight smack for me. Theatre kid, loved Vonnegut, like sci-fi. They were gunning for me. Book was also great, quite a bit different in ways but same vibe.

This season struck me as one where they had lots of interesting ideas that didn’t all quite fit or work out. Overall I liked it, but also too many questions that they didn’t answer, or even try to.

Reactions: l.todd
To me they should have embraced the supernatural, or left it out. I thought episode 1 was very entertaining. When the woman followed her dead husband's ghost out to the frozen pile bodies, I was like, all right, this is interesting, we got some freaky shit happening. And then there were visions of ghosts, but really they were irrelevant. it was essentially an adaptation of murder on the orient express, with half of the town in on it.
I guess I was happy that they kind of explained what happened and it was kind of not linked to the supernatural. But the g/f finding out what happened? Did they have "we are asking the mine to raise pollution" posted on the whiteboard? And literally all of the scientists taking stabs at the girl? And the native women providing vigilante justice and how that went down? All seemed to fit together too perfectly I guess.

Reactions: Tenacious E
I guess I was happy that they kind of explained what happened and it was kind of not linked to the supernatural. But the g/f finding out what happened? Did they have "we are asking the mine to raise pollution" posted on the whiteboard? And literally all of the scientists taking stabs at the girl? And the native women providing vigilante justice and how that went down? All seemed to fit together too perfectly I guess.
The only trouble I had with the vigilante stuff is that it seems impossible for them to all be there, and leave zero traces behind that would provide clues for the cops.

Raising pollution to make scientific research easier.. lol.

Group rage killing someone over ice samples.. i mean come on.

Cleaning ladies with vigilante justice but leaving one guy.

Random tongue placement?

Doesn't care if she kills the witness.. 60 seconds later she gets pissed he's killed.

Some questions don't have answers! Wrong question!

Literally the dumbest shit ive ever seen

Random tongue placement?

Doesn't care if she kills the witness.. 60 seconds later she gets pissed he's killed.

Felt like the tongue was supposed to be a nod to the supernatural - everyone acted surprised when it was brought up.

Random tongue placement?

Yeah the group of women not finishing the job with Clark was weird. They left everyone else to die naked in Arctic winter darkness, but didn't loop back to kill Clark a day later?

Felt like the tongue was supposed to be a nod to the supernatural - everyone acted surprised when it was brought up.
I thought Hank cut her tongue out as a warning to people to keep their mouths shut. At least, that is what I surmised after finding out he was on the take and moved the body.

Reactions: l.todd
I thought Hank cut her tongue out as a warning to people to keep their mouths shut. At least, that is what I surmised after finding out he was on the take and moved the body.
Maybe, but doesn’t explain how it ended up at the lab when the new case opened.

The only trouble I had with the vigilante stuff is that it seems impossible for them to all be there, and leave zero traces behind that would provide clues for the cops.

I guess if the cops are all hearing voices it makes it harder to spot footprints or tire tracks in snow/ice?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT