ADVERTISEMENT

Trump admits to concealing the true threat of coronavirus

So you agree that the statement "if trump had acted in February we would have football" is false?

No, I agree with that statement. Here's my stance:

Trump's lack of a comprehensive plan to combat the virus in February failed to save football. In other words, the actions he did take failed.

Do we agree on that? Can we also agree he acted mostly out of self-interest?

You certainly have your kilt ruffled. Again, you are correct, my father did raise a daughter.

Or do you mean that in the misogynistic manner where having a daughter is somehow inferior to having a son? I hope not.
Coward and a schill. Your father raised atleast two daughters.

I totally disagree with leaving Americans abroad and shutting them out of their country. I also believe to say that he knew how bad The virus was is disingenuous at best. Remember “masks don’t help” then “wear masks” it went back and forth. I believe there is supposed to be a study on the effectiveness of masks against the COVID 19 virus.

I also believe in not shutting down the American economy as the repercussions would be longer lasting than the virus itself. Let’s not make the cure worse than the illness.

Well, not all of those 40k were Americans, but those traveling from China also weren't all quarantined. The better move would have been to quarantine anyone returning from an area that Covid was present in.

In hindsight, we probably didn't need to shut down the economy by having so many states going into lockdowns. But the alternative to that would have been to strongly advise/require people to mask up/socially distance in public whenever possible and other safety guidelines that could reduce the spread. Trump publicly undermined every single national effort to do any of that.

I think it's been fairly well established by now that wearing a mask does help reduce the spread. Trump and his people turned that into a civil rights issue.

This dnc strategy of using covid to get Biden elected is not working

very stale
Nobody is buying this
Reality is tough on Trump. Biden should hammer it home that Trump messed up and thousands died, lost their jobs and our kids aren't able to go to school. It's pathetic that you support such a person.

Last edited:
Well, not all of those 40k were Americans, but those traveling from China also weren't all quarantined. The better move would have been to quarantine anyone returning from an area that Covid was present in.

In hindsight, we probably didn't need to shut down the economy by having so many states going into lockdowns. But the alternative to that would have been to strongly advise/require people to mask up/socially distance in public whenever possible and other safety guidelines that could reduce the spread. Trump publicly undermined every single national effort to do any of that.

I think it's been fairly well established by now that wearing a mask does help reduce the spread. Trump and his people turned that into a civil rights issue.

I think you hit the problem on the head. You’re using hindsight. Originally we were told nearly 2 million people would die if nothing was done. Something was done, you just disagree with it. Also, I think a large number of those people were old and were basically sent to death by having others infected with COVID sent back into nursing homes. No one seems to talk about that.

If his actions were so egregious surely you can find a documented number somewhere.
An AP report in May stated that New York sent more than 4500 COVID patients back into nursing homes. How that projects when you calculate the spread is beyond me. I know that the vast majority of the deaths early on were nursing home patients and workers. If we use Dhaval Dave's formulas those 4500 patients probably project to about eleventy jillion deaths.

Honestly, pick any number greater than zero. At this point any one Democrat on this board blaming any one COVID death on any one Democrat would represent remarkable emotional growth. So the ball's in your court. Dazzle me.

https://apnews.com/5ebc0ad45b73a899efa81f098330204c

No, I agree with that statement. Here's my stance:

Trump's lack of a comprehensive plan to combat the virus in February failed to save football. In other words, the actions he did take failed.

Do we agree on that? Can we also agree he acted mostly out of self-interest?
Gonna have to agree to disagree. Nothing he could have done was going to get bipartizan support and get us back to normal prior to August for us to have iowa footb

Pretty sure I got them as I was going through but if you have the time to find something I missed shoot.
Here they are again.

Ok. Let's concede that Trump did something in February in the travel ban. But, what from that point? Was that single action enough? Was the curve flattened in February? Did the new cases plane? Did the deaths level off?

Or did things get worse?

An AP report in May stated that New York sent more than 4500 COVID patients back into nursing homes. How that projects when you calculate the spread is beyond me. I know that the vast majority of the deaths early on were nursing home patients and workers. If we use Dhaval Dave's formulas those 4500 patients probably project to about eleventy jillion deaths.

Honestly, pick any number greater than zero. At this point any one Democrat on this board blaming any one COVID death on any one Democrat would represent remarkable emotional growth. So the ball's in your court. Dazzle me.

https://apnews.com/5ebc0ad45b73a899efa81f098330204c
There are alot of nursing homes across the country still having high numbers of deaths at this moment so it happens more than just early on. Ok I will pick the number of deaths caused by Cuomo at 1. Now let's get back to the thread origins. How many people have needlessly died because Trump lied to over 300 million Americans?

Here they are again.
No, he should have banned all travel across international boarders not just China and really pissed you all off.

With what we know know about levels of amount of virus taken in and the ability to spread i think its fair to say there was a flattening of the curve. (Rememeber the whole goal was to make the hospitals not get overwhelmed, which on a grand scale he accomplished) no deaths nor cases declined in the first month of what is now a 5 month pandemic we were originally lead to believe needed a 2 week quarantine.

Yes, thing "got worse" in and after February, that tends to happen after the initial onset of a pandemic.

There are alot of nursing homes across the country still having high numbers of deaths at this moment so it happens more than just early on. Ok I will pick the number of deaths caused by Cuomo at 1. Now let's get back to the thread origins. How many people have needlessly died because Trump lied to over 300 million Americans?
All those people would still be alive, all of them!

No, he should have banned all travel across international boarders not just China and really pissed you all off.

With what we know know about levels of amount of virus taken in and the ability to spread i think its fair to say there was a flattening of the curve. (Rememeber the whole goal was to make the hospitals not get overwhelmed, which on a grand scale he accomplished) no deaths nor cases declined in the first month of what is now a 5 month pandemic we were originally lead to believe needed a 2 week quarantine.

Yes, thing "got worse" in and after February, that tends to happen after the initial onset of a pandemic.
There was no flattening of the curve in February. The peak was in June and July and the US is still above the daily new case levels than in March. And now it is other countries which have banned travel from the US into them.

Could more have been done since the beginning of February and the peak on a federal level?

I think you hit the problem on the head. You’re using hindsight. Originally we were told nearly 2 million people would die if nothing was done. Something was done, you just disagree with it. Also, I think a large number of those people were old and were basically sent to death by having others infected with COVID sent back into nursing homes. No one seems to talk about that.

It's not that that I disagree with that, it's that Trump did nothing else besides that that could have helped. 1.8 million people were not saved because of a partial travel ban from China. Can you point out other actions taken by Trump?

I fully admit that I don't like Trump, and I am honestly not blaming him for the pandemic. I just don't believe the travel ban he enacted at the beginning was sufficient in and of itself, and can't think of anything else he attempted to do that he almost immediately didn't undermine himself. Remember those CDC guidelines on how to reopen? He contradicted those the very next day.

There was no flattening of the curve in February. The peak was in June and July and the US is still above the daily new case levels than in March.

Could more have been done since the beginning of February and the peak on a federal level?
You can always look at a situation in hindsight and talk about what more could have been done. To the previous point though I would challenge the curve was longer but didn't have the spike it would have had the travel restrictions not been in place.

You can always look at a situation in hindsight and talk about what more could have been done. To the previous point though I would challenge the curve was longer but didn't have the spike it would have had the tracel restrictions not been in place.
You are hanging your hat on one action taken at the very onset of the pandemic and totally ignoring the lack of any substantive action after that. I would challenge that the curve peak has been much higher and has lasted much longer due to this. Especially when compared to other industrialized nations.

It's not that that I disagree with that, it's that Trump did nothing else besides that that could have helped. 1.8 million people were not saved because of a partial travel ban from China. Can you point out other actions taken by Trump?

I fully admit that I don't like Trump, and I am honestly not blaming him for the pandemic. I just don't believe the travel ban he enacted at the beginning was sufficient in and of itself, and can't think of anything else he attempted to do that he almost immediately didn't undermine himself. Remember those CDC guidelines on how to reopen? He contradicted those the very next day.
You will drive yourself crazy looking at leadership decisions in hindsight and thinking how you could have done it different. You make the best decisions you can at the time with the information you have. Remember as trump was a xenophobe for his ban pelosi was walking around china town telling people to come on down.

You are hanging your hat on one action taken at the very onset of the pandemic and totally ignoring the lack of any substantive action after that. I would challenge that the curve peak has been much higher and has lasted much longer due to this. Especially when compared to other industrialized nations.
I want to make sure I'm understanding your stance. You are of the belief that the peak would have been lower if there had been no restrictions?

Fauci currently says we're not doing enough, it will get worse and a vaccine isn't likely to be ready soon.

I assume Fauci is only a good source when it fits the rights narrative?
Two weeks sure has taken on a different scale. If they would have told us 5 months in February the American people would have told them to **** off. Its one of the great parts about being American, we tell them to **** off and they don't weld us into our homes.

Ok, I can see your point. What are your opinions on Dr. Anthony Faucci?

Ok, I can see your point. What are your opinions on Dr. Anthony Faucci?

Not sure what you mean. Were his initial statements wrong? yes, but he has since admitted those were wrong as more information came in.

He's not the president though. There's only so much he can do as a doctor, whom most Americans had never heard of 10 months ago, especially when he regularly gets contradicted by Trump.

Not sure what you mean. Were his initial statements wrong? yes, but he has since admitted those were wrong as more information came in.

He's not the president though. There's only so much he can do as a doctor, whom most Americans had never heard of 10 months ago, especially when he regularly gets
contradicted by Trump.

so my point on Fauci was he was originally wrong, personally I think the guy is a hypocrite and the best thing Trump should’ve done was get more experts in the room. Fauci and Birks has Trumps ear waaaay too much.

Yep. But Biden‘s lead won’t grow by much, if any. The cult is too strong and the propaganda sources feeding them too good. Not sure if anything can break him below 40 percent. Even a sex tape with underage girls would not be enough at this point.
Except Mericans died with this blunder. That's a whole new ballgame.

so my point on Fauci was he was originally wrong, personally I think the guy is a hypocrite and the best thing Trump should’ve done was get more experts in the room. Fauci and Birks has Trumps ear waaaay too much.
I truly believe that Fauci was passing on the best information that was available at the time and gave recommendations based solely on science and medicine. Were some of his statements over time contradictory? Yes because more was learned which changed the suggested protocols. A novel coronavirus is just that. Brand new. Things changed as more was learned.

Reactions: Tom Paris

What has he been hypocritical about? I certainly won't argue that having more experts is always a good thing, the trick is getting Trump to listen to them. He doesn't always do the best job of that, particularly if they conflict with what he believes is correct.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
What has he been hypocritical about? I certainly won't argue that having more experts is always a good thing, the trick is getting Trump to listen to them. He doesn't always do the best job of that, particularly if they conflict with what he believes is correct.

Wasn’t he the one that was caught sitting at a baseball game within the 6’ distance of another person (not his wife) and not wearing the mask.

This. The partial China ban ultimately became meaningless because 1) 40k still traveled back from China and 2) nothing else was done to prepare for the inevitable onset of Covid in the US.
And those 40,000 returned to an environment that was in no way prepared to accept them. There was ZERO prep. The "travel ban" likely did more to spread C-19 across the country in the early days than anything else.

Holy.fvcking.shit...... a HROt first. Someone actually got someone from the other side to concede thier argument was correct. My work here is done boys.
He told us it would go from 15 to 0. So yes - he did do something. Here's your cookie.

chocolate-chip-cookie-16.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT