ADVERTISEMENT

Trump allies at Heritage declare 2024 election illegitimate in advance

How do you describe trump if Biden is very sad? And are Republicans saddled with Trump? And let me guess that's because the Dems just wouldn't shut up about him.
If you keep guessing what I’m going to say then don’t bother asking me questions. 🥴
Move past the parties and ponder this:
WE are “saddled” with these two as our choices.
US. Our country.

Elaborate. They are Republicans. You disagree? I mean Steele was the head of the RNC. Goldie liked your post so that should make you feel smart, lol.
That was about fifteen years ago…now he’s a wind - up talking head for MSNBC. And not a Republican anymore.

• Wow
Reactions: Tom Paris
If you keep guessing what I’m going to say then don’t bother asking me questions. 🥴
Move past the parties and ponder this:
WE are “saddled” with these two as our choices.
US. Our country.
Yep and I see one party at least discussing removing their candidate. And he's clearly better than the other candidate. And your party is in lockstep support for a twice impeached, insurrectionist, 34 time felon sexual abuser. Who is really the problem here?

He signed it on October 21st 2020. Less than a month before the election. Didn't really have time to test it out. Biden of course wiped it away with an executive order of his own. This time trump will sign it day one. And will definitely be testing it out. You really should read P2025. It spells out what they will do. It might give you some new ways to dodge these questions and move the goalposts rather than your now boring responses.
I should have known better than to get into a conspiracy theory thread.

• Haha
The Heritage Foundation has historically ranked among the world's most influential think tanks. In 2020, the Global Go To Think Tank Index Report, published by the University of Pennsylvania, ranked the foundation sixth on its list of "top ten think tanks in the United States", 13th among think tanks globally, and first in its category of think tanks having the most significant impact on public policy between 2017 and 2019.[86]

In January 1981, the Heritage Foundation published Mandate for Leadership, a comprehensive report aimed at reducing the size of the federal government. It provided public policy guidance to the incoming Reagan administration, and included over 2,000 specific policy recommendations on how the Reagan administration could utilize the federal government to advance conservative policies. The report was well received by the White House, and several of its authors went on to take positions in the Reagan administration.[16] Ronald Reagan liked the ideas so much that he gave a copy to each member of his cabinet to review.[17] Among the 2,000 Heritage proposals, approximately 60% of them were implemented or initiated by the end of Reagan's first year in office.[16][18] Reagan later called the Heritage Foundation a "vital force" during his presidency.[17]

The Heritage Foundation remained an influential voice on domestic and foreign policy issues during President George H. W. Bush's administration. In 1990 and 1991, the foundation was a leading proponent of Operation Desert Storm designed to liberate Kuwait following Saddam Hussein's invasion and occupation of Kuwait in August 1990. According to Baltimore Sun Washington bureau chief Frank Starr, the Heritage Foundation's studies "laid much of the groundwork for Bush administration thinking" about post-Soviet foreign policy.[24] In domestic policy, the Bush administration agreed with six of the ten budget reform proposals the Heritage Foundation proposed in its Mandate for Leadership III book, which the administration included in its 1990 budget proposal.

Trump administration​

Following Trump's victory in the 2016 presidential election, the Heritage Foundation obtained influence in his presidential transition and administration.[61][47][62] The foundation had a say in the staffing of the administration; CNN reported during the transition that "no other Washington institution has that kind of footprint in the transition."[61] One reason for the Heritage Foundation's disproportionate influence relative to other conservative think tanks, CNN reported, was that other conservative think tanks had "Never Trump" staff during the 2016 presidential election, while the Heritage Foundation ultimately signaled that it would be supportive of him.[61][47]

Drawing from a database that the Heritage Foundation began building in 2014 of approximately 3,000 conservatives who they trusted to serve in a hypothetical Republican administration, at least 66 foundation employees and alumni were hired into the Trump administration.[47] According to Heritage employees involved in developing the database, several hundred people from the Heritage database ultimately received jobs in government agencies, including Betsy DeVos, Mick Mulvaney, Rick Perry, Scott Pruitt, Jeff Sessions, and others who became members of Trump's cabinet.[47] Jim DeMint, president of the Heritage Foundation from 2013 to 2017, personally intervened on behalf of Mulvaney, who was appointed to head the Office of Management and Budget and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and later served as Trump's acting White House Chief of Staff.[4

n February 2021, after Trump lost re-election, the Heritage Foundation hired three former Trump administration officials, Ken Cuccinelli, Mark A. Morgan, and Chad Wolf, who held various roles in immigration-related functions in the Trump administration. Cuccinelli and Wolf authored several publications in 2021 before leaving the foundation.[67][68][69]

At the same time, Heritage also hired former U.S. vice president Mike Pence as a distinguished visiting fellow. The following month, in March 2021, Pence authored and published an op-ed on a Heritage Foundation website that made false claims of fraud in the 2020 presidential election, including numerous false claims about the For the People Act, a Democrat-supported bill to expand voting rights. Pence's false claims drew criticism and corrections from multiple media outlets and fact-checking organizations.[70][71][72] Pence left the foundation in 2022.[73][74]

@goldmom

I should have known better than to get into a conspiracy theory thread.
Yep it's a total left wing conspiracy. They are the ones actually in charge of the heritage foundation and wrote a manifesto to make the Republicans look bad.

Do you not get that we are just calling out what the right is doing and saying? If you are so pissed off at us for that maybe get more pissed they are doing and saying this dumb shit?

Also what in my post is at all untrue? I just posted when trump signed the executive order for schedule F and explained what they have said they plan on doing this next term. If it's a conspiracy it's coming from the right (like usual) not me or anyone on the left.

• Love
Yep it's a total left wing conspiracy. They are the ones actually in charge of the heritage foundation and wrote a manifesto to make the Republicans look bad.

Do you not get that we are just calling out what the right is doing and saying? If you are so pissed off at us for that maybe get more pissed they are doing and saying this dumb shit?

Also what in my post is at all untrue? I just posted when trump signed the executive order for schedule F and explained what they have said they plan on doing this next term. If it's a conspiracy it's coming from the right (like usual) not me or anyone on the left.
fair enough.

IMG-1426.jpg

That was about fifteen years ago…now he’s a wind - up talking head for MSNBC. And not a Republican anymore.
He’s an ACTUAL REPUBLICAN. He’s a Reagan Republican. So it sounds like you back the if not a Trump Republican then they’re RINOs. Wind up? Do you ever actually listen to him speak? Again, you would have agreed with everything he ever said before Trump. Why is that? Because you got duped by a rapist conman. I mean, if you can’t stand Trump you should STILL agree with him, Scarborough, Wallace, Jolly. Instead you choose the MAGA beliefs. Over actual conservatives who didn’t bend the knee.

What do you think about Liz Cheney now? 4 years ago I bet you agreed with her 99% of the time on her political positions. I doubt you like her now.

Reactions: Kelsers and Hawked
Wind up? Do you ever actually listen to him speak?
I’ll answer. All the time on morning Joe.

Can’t remember the last time he actually presented a conservative view. He backs anything the administration does…

It’s one thing to be anti trump, that’s fine. But he’s a full blown left winger at this point. Hangs on to the R tag for MSNBC paycheck purposes.

Reactions: goldmom
He’s been reduced to a puppet actor in Kabuki theater. Making sure his check clears the bank like almost all of them - no matter which network they are employed by.

• Haha
LOL you don’t realize that the Dems have thrown this out there hoping it will distract from the disaster of the debate.
Project 2025 has been around for a while. Well before the debate.

Criticism of Project 2025 also predates the debate.

Yes, criticism has stepped up recently. Duh. Just like Trump is trying to distance himself, whereas he didn't previously. Both of those are simple politics.

I guess the Heritage Foundation is the new bogeyman...
Just one of many corporate- or plutocrat-funded boogeymen.

Heritage Foundation
Cato Institute
Federalist Society
ALEC
American Enterprise Institute
Heartland

...many more

They oppose democracy, oppose the general welfare that our constitution was designed to advance and, in the final analysis, the make boogeymen seem positively cuddly.

Just one of many corporate- or plutocrat-funded boogeymen.

Heritage Foundation
Cato Institute
Federalist Society
ALEC
American Enterprise Institute
Heartland

...many more

They oppose democracy, oppose the general welfare that our constitution was designed to advance and, in the final analysis, the make boogeymen seem positively cuddly.

And some of the very same institutions that Trad, et. al and I used to go back and forth with over climate change back in the day.... coincidence? No, they've been duping the ignorant for decades

And some of the very same institutions that Trad, et. al and I used to go back and forth with over climate change back in the day.... coincidence? No, they've been duping the ignorant for decades
I wonder how many of those nefarious groups your typical MAGA could describe - or even recognize? I could be wrong, but my bet is that few of them know who's pulling their strings.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Project 2025 has been around for a while. Well before the debate.

Criticism of Project 2025 also predates the debate.

Yes, criticism has stepped up recently. Duh. Just like Trump is trying to distance himself, whereas he didn't previously. Both of those are simple politics.
It’s been resurrected and it is all part of the game played every four years.
The fact that we fall for it is illustrative of why we’re in this dilemma now. 😟

• Wow
The fact that we fall for it is illustrative of why we’re in this dilemma now. 😟

No, the fact that you voted for a piece of shit like Trump TWICE is why we are in the dilemma we are in now....just accept it, instead of still coming in such threads and excusing this shit away as if Trump hasn't been telling you who he is for decades

No, the fact that you voted for a piece of shit like Trump TWICE is why we are in the dilemma we are in now....just accept it, instead of still coming in such threads and excusing this shit away as if Trump hasn't been telling you who he is for decades
I’m just pretty much ignoring you now. Your admitted dependence on a shit ton of weed and pills in combo with your obvious depression have impacted your life and ability to interact rationally.
It’s useless to tell you I’m not a Trumpy so I won’t try anymore.

• Haha
I’ll answer. All the time on morning Joe.

Can’t remember the last time he actually presented a conservative view. He backs anything the administration does…

It’s one thing to be anti trump, that’s fine. But he’s a full blown left winger at this point. Hangs on to the R tag for MSNBC paycheck purposes.
I have heard him push back multiple times on democrats. He just recognizes Trump and Project 2025 for what it is. You and goldie don’t. He actually knows more about this than we do but you dismiss it because it doesn’t fit your narrative…that this isn’t a big deal.

No. Don’t say WE. Don’t put the fact that you voted for a rapist conman, twice, on the rest of us. YOU got duped. Not once have I read you say that we were right all along and you were wrong. Instead you attack and try to both sides things. The libs on here are going to be as right about this as we have been with Trump. I ask again, how can you, a true conservative, not believe what LIZ CHENEY is telling you? Instead you, and millions of others, are on the MTG and Lauren Boebert side of this argument. Why??

Yep and I see one party at least discussing removing their candidate. And he's clearly better than the other candidate. And your party is in lockstep support for a twice impeached, insurrectionist, 34 time felon sexual abuser. Who is really the problem here?
Tell me/show me where I’ve said Trump is good?
You’re so programmed to scream one thing and it makes you look buffoonish and predictable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT