ADVERTISEMENT

Trump fires Comey

Tomorrow's news - White House announces new uniform for Trump.
LUVjbXX.png

I hope even the Trump supporters will see this as the obvious attempt at a cover up that it is. The silver lining is that this may hasten the end of Trump's Presidency. (If Congress has any guts at all.)

LOL! Dream on.

Reactions: Herkmeister
The irony here is that there absolutely IS a legitimate rationale for canning him, based on the misstatements on HRC and the Weiner emails - and the fact that was probably what tipped the election to Trump in the end.

So, this very well could be above board - Comey probably isn't 'driving' the Russia investigation - that's other places, so getting rid of him isn't going to alter that whether there is anything 'there' or not.

It will, however, rile up the Dems and calls for impeaching him. Maybe that is the ploy....

I suspect this is just as obvious as it seems. They wanted Comey gone because he won't give up the investigation into Trump people. So they sorted through the Dem complaints and used what they found there as the cover story for firing him.
isn't it wrong to even acknowledge an investigation exists? supposedly

The irony here is that there absolutely IS a legitimate rationale for canning him, based on the misstatements on HRC and the Weiner emails - and the fact that was probably what tipped the election to Trump in the end.

So, this very well could be above board - Comey probably isn't 'driving' the Russia investigation - that's other places, so getting rid of him isn't going to alter that whether there is anything 'there' or not.

It will, however, rile up the Dems and calls for impeaching him. Maybe that is the ploy....

This is correct. There is reason to fire him, but doing it right after getting your ass handed to you by Yates screams of abuse of power.

Trump calls the investigation a hoax. Fires the guy handling said investigation at the urging of AG Sessions - who, let's remember, recused himself and therefore should not be involved if this has anything to do with Russia (which of course it does).

So now we have an AG who doesn't want any investigation and who - if he doesn't weasel around his recusal again - can't launch one. And we have an empty post at the FBI which you can bet won't be filled by anyone who will conduct an investigation.

I can at least see a scenario where it becomes apparent that Comey was compromised by Obama's DOJ and can't be trusted to do his job

But either way the media is going to take DNC talking points on this and run with it until they get new talking points to push

Reactions: Alum-Ni
Tic toc..tic toc. Traitor in Chief is in full panic mode and looking for anything that keeps him from swinging by the rope.

Yeah, that was my first thought. It seems awfully Nixonian.

In the official letter, Trump states; "While I appreciate you informing me on three separate occasions that I'm not under investigation..."

Hmmmm...

I can at least see a scenario where it becomes apparent that Comey was compromised by Obama's DOJ and can't be trusted to do his job

But either way the media is going to take DNC talking points on this and run with it until they get new talking points to push
You are a piece of shit...and that is being generous to pieces of shit.

This is correct. There is reason to fire him, but doing it right after getting your ass handed to you by Yates screams of abuse of power.
you mean the investigation where trump was proven correct about illegal unmasking and surveillance and where no russia crap can be proven? That is "handing trump his arse" in your world?

Reactions: Herkmeister
Independent special investigator needs to be appointed

Senate has requested financial records of Trump organization. Its not collusion they will eventually prove. It's money laundering by the Trump organization

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT