ADVERTISEMENT

Trump may owe 100 million on double dip tax break

Isn't that the $$ he converted to a "loan" that was never paid back, and never declared as income?

Takes a huge write-off for a self-proclaimed worthless asset (Trump Tower Chicago). I'm a retired CPA and I didn't know you could even do that. I'm not convinced that you can.

Then transfers it into a partnership he owned (DJT Holdings, LLC) and wrote it off again, which I am completely sure you can't do. :rolleyes:

The man cheats to not pay taxes. And, people that can hardly rub two nickels together love him.

images

Takes a huge write-off for a self-proclaimed worthless asset (Trump Tower Chicago). I'm a retired CPA and I didn't know you could even do that. I'm not convinced that you can.

Then transfers it into a partnership he owned (DJT Holdings, LLC) and wrote it off again, which I am completely sure you can't do. :rolleyes:

The man cheats to not pay taxes. And, people that can hardly rub two nickels together love him.

images
Yeah, I've been thinking about this. There is no way to claim a building like that "worthless". And even if somehow you could, your investment just adds to your tax basis in the land. The land where that building sits is absolutely valuable.

It's not even close to being legit.

Reactions: Tom Paris
'Member that time @Finance85 told us "we wouldn't learn anything from his tax records"

Well, this is INDEED the issue that arose from that "forgiven loan" information we learned of back in 2020 (or earlier)

Seems like someone learned quite a bit from those released taxes, and that he double-dipped and owes even more money...

'Member that time @Finance85 told us "we wouldn't learn anything from his tax records"

Well, this is INDEED the issue that arose from that "forgiven loan" information we learned of back in 2020 (or earlier)

Seems like someone learned quite a bit from those released taxes, and that he double-dipped and owes even more money...
So...."UnFinance85"?

This is the another first for Trump. He borrows money, then sues the bank for predatory lending practices.

:rolleyes:

The bank agreed to lend $640 million to the project, the newspaper said, but after construction delays, the loan came due while portions of the building were still unfinished.

While Deutsche initially granted Trump an extension on paying back the loan, after it denied an additional extension request Trump sued the bank along with Fortress Investment Group -- which had provided a $130 million loan for the project -- and other banks and hedge funds that had bought parts of those loans, the Times reported.

Trump, according to the newspaper, charged that Deutsche had engaged in "predatory lending practices." The bank responded with its own lawsuit demanding repayment of the loan.

In July 2010, Deutsche Bank, Fortress and Trump reached a private settlement without disclosing the terms, the Times reported. But Trump's federal tax returns and a loan document show that he had about $270 million in debt from the project forgiven.

Yup, and I also remember you saying you could find out who he was doing business with, and posted a link to every form he had to fill out and proved you wrong. The IRS, and you, wouldn't have learned anything from the returns in this case. It takes an audit to uncover what isn't on the returns.

You still are wrong old man. You should learn what you are talking about before you call people out. It just makes you look like an idiot

Reactions: hawkedoff
Yup, and I also remember you saying you could find out who he was doing business with, and posted a link to every form he had to fill out and proved you wrong. The IRS, and you, wouldn't have learned anything from the returns in this case. It takes an audit to uncover what isn't on the returns.

You still are wrong old man. You should learn what you are talking about before you call people out. It just makes you look like an idiot
It truly is amazing isn't it? As if the IRS didn't have this already. Amazing discovery right now isn't it?

It truly is amazing isn't it? As if the IRS didn't have this already. Amazing discovery right now isn't it?
It really doesn't matter how long it takes as long as it gets done. According to Trump he's audited every year, and based on his track record, he should be audited every year. Willful tax fraud is a crime, and he should be prosecuted for it, just like anyone else.

Just take your "L" here, bro.

You claimed no one would learn anything from his taxes. That was 100% false.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
It really doesn't matter how long it takes as long as it gets done. According to Trump he's audited every year, and based on his track record, he should be audited every year. Willful tax fraud is a crime, and he should be prosecuted for it, just like anyone else.
LOL if you take anything he says as truthful, and believe his audits, if they have happened, have not been influenced by officials during his administration, or a fear of charges of politicization since he left office. Trump 101, scream about being a victim and threaten in order to get preferential treatment.

LOL if you take anything he says as truthful, and believe his audits, if they have happened, have not been influenced by officials during his administration, or a fear of charges of politicization since he left office. Trump 101, scream about being a victim and threaten in order to get preferential treatment.

Finance is a full blown cultist now

Worst thing that ever happened to Trump was being elected President.
True. Presidents are considered responsible for everything, even where they have little personal impact (gas prices, the economy, global conflict, etc.). With Trump, given all his business interests/lawyers/accountants/etc. from his business life, it's amplified. This is a perfect example.

Firstly, it's unlikely he did actually break the law here, but secondly, if he did, what are the odds he knows/understands why or how he broke the law. Whatever doc he signed was likely in a pile of 50 that his lawyer/accountant told him he needed to sign.

I don't have NEAR the number of irons in the fire these public figures do, and if I were accused of tax fraud, I'd call my CPA and say "hey what's the deal with this, can we get it resolved?" I wouldn't have a clue, I don't touch any of it.

I don't imagine the truly rich have much idea either

True. Presidents are considered responsible for everything, even where they have little personal impact (gas prices, the economy, global conflict, etc.). With Trump, given all his business interests/lawyers/accountants/etc. from his business life, it's amplified. This is a perfect example.

Firstly, it's unlikely he did actually break the law here, but secondly, if he did, what are the odds he knows/understands why or how he broke the law. Whatever doc he signed was likely in a pile of 50 that his lawyer/accountant told him he needed to sign.

I don't have NEAR the number of irons in the fire these public figures do, and if I were accused of tax fraud, I'd call my CPA and say "hey what's the deal with this, can we get it resolved?" I wouldn't have a clue, I don't touch any of it.

I don't imagine the truly rich have much idea either
you're right

we probably should bother them with stuff like this

very unfair of us, actually

Finance believes anything Trump tells him.

But he's not a Trumper

And he's not defending Trump.

LOL

Just take your "L" here, bro.

You claimed no one would learn anything from his taxes. That was 100% false.
It's not false. Cite the personal or business tax forms where this would have been uncovered. Put up or shut up. You can go back and use the IRS links I posted for you, or go to IRS.gov.

It's not false. Cite the personal or business tax forms

You mean there's "no tax forms" where he double-dipped on taking a $100M deduction, twice?

Dude. Just take the L and move on. Trump is not the savior you want him to be. He's a crook. And he's getting his karma now.

Reactions: franklinman
You mean there's "no tax forms" where he double-dipped on taking a $100M deduction, twice?

Dude. Just take the L and move on. Trump is not the savior you want him to be. He's a crook. And he's getting his karma now.
Wait. You said this proved that Trump releasing his tax returns would uncover this type of thing. Prove it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT