ADVERTISEMENT

Trump revealed highly classified information to Russians

I completely agree. They absolutely should be. But that's where the problem comes in of Trump tweeting all the damn time. It's quite obvious to anyone that has any sort of education that his tweets aren't proofread.
The tweeting has to go.

It is stupid and serves no purpose.

Reactions: Pepperman
It's not dumb.

The President can declassify anything he wants at will. He is incapable of unlawfully sharing classified secrets, because he is the ultimate authority on what is deemed to be secret. The President has the authority to give the nuclear football codes to Carrot Top if he wants to do that.

The Secretary of State does not enjoy such powers.

Yes the CinC can decide what is classified or not and literally couldn't break espionage laws even if they tried because of that fact. That's a non-issue

The real issue is that the US intelligence was given a warning in secret, and then Trump leaked. Would you tell someone a second secret after they told everyone the first? Think about what that means for international collaboration with the US, especially when combating groups that operate over multiple countries. Will this make people more or less safe?

Reactions: dekhawk
The tweeting has to go.

It is stupid and serves no purpose.
He contradicts himself so often, the tweeting just makes it easier to point it out. I just can't believe that nobody in his administration, or family, has pointed out that he makes himself look so much dumber via twitter. Obviously I don't like him, and think he's an idiot, but what he does on Twitter is just ridiculous.

Reactions: Pepperman
How about when McMaster said "The story that came out tonight as reported is false".

They ignore that. Just as they ignore "I was in the room. It didn't happen."
It's a little sad. I mean, if they said McMaster was lying, that's one thing -- and entirely possible. A case probably could be made that it was in the country's best interests for him to deny the story even if it was true. But denying he said what he said shows unhingement.

Two things he said were impossible for a rational person to twist into anything other than a flat denial. He didn't say the story was misleading, or filled with errors, or any of a dozen weasel words. He said the story in the paper is false.

Reactions: TexMichFan
Yes the CinC can decide what is classified or not and literally couldn't break espionage laws even if they tried because of that fact. That's a non-issue

The real issue is that the US intelligence was given a warning in secret, and then Trump leaked. Would you tell someone a second secret after they told everyone the first? Think about what that means for international collaboration with the US, especially when combating groups that operate over multiple countries. Will this make people more or less safe?

We're breaking all the rules and not doing politics as usual. That was Trump's entire campaign message.

Righties, or whatever you call yourselves... get used to the fact that your President is a giant dumb ass and likely doesn't even realize half of the stupid crap he does is wrong.

Well, thank goodness Obama went to all 57 states and told us all how smart he was.

I honestly don't think anything will make Trump supporters ever admit he sucks or they were wrong.

The most honest thing he ever said was that he could shoot someone in the middle of fifth avenue and his supporters would still vote for him.
But a video of him peeing on a prostitute will change their minds!...wait there must be more.
Russia-Vladimir-Putin-World-War-3-NATO-710836.jpg

Well, thank goodness Obama went to all 57 states and told us all how smart he was.
NEWSFLASH! Obama isn't President and Hillary isn't either. So how about the conservatives stop this deflecting bullshit and worry about the President we are stuck with... for now.

We can all agree that the Donald has no idea what he's into. One other thing I think everyone will agree with... hopefully he is removed as quickly as possible before permanent damage is done to our democracy.

The Republican Party has been duped at so many levels by this fool. The ultimate blame rests with those that voted for him.

I wonder if hrot has given me a jaded sense of conservatives/the right than the reality. I can only think of two or three posters who are intelligent. Plenty of trolls or those straight stupid, and the rest likely functional yet lacking.

When the conservatives send their posters are they not sending their best?

Jeebus. You guys are truly ignorant and refusing to see past your liberal noses.

I'm done discussing.
We know, that's what happens when you get called on your shit. Did you think you could just reference a lie and we would all be distracted into talking about your fake news? Your point has been dismissed by multiple credible sources. You are wrong. Hang it up.

Last edited:
What I have learned today, that starting with this incident politicians started picking their words very....carefully so as not to lie but maybe not tell the entire truth. Did they go to a special school to learn this? It definitely is a new skill that hasn't been around...like....forever. I also learned that the 'I didn't know what the 'c' meant' excuse only works in certain situations. BAU for both sides on this one.

And White House officials were the ones who called all intelligent agencies to inform them of the breach. But hey, that never happened either I guess.

Reactions: dekhawk
Words have to travel from one's mouth to another's ears. Apparently, at some point during that travel, it becomes declassified.

Pics or it didn't happen is the mantra of many of the people who post on here. Sadly they don't use as much skepticism when it comes to fake news. Its a problem that impacts both sides and human nature tends to believe what you want to believe and label fake what you don't want to believe.

The saddest part is the boob we have as President, through his own actions, has the credibility of the tooth fairy and has completely left himself vulnerable to fake news. If he had true Presidential character we wouldn't have these "he said-she said" situations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT