ADVERTISEMENT

Trump: Some Immigrants are NOT PEOPLE

Do you share Trump's view that some immigrants aren't people?

• Total voters
And if Trump told a room full of black people that unless they vote how he tells them to they’re not really black, I’m sure you and Tom Paris would be perfectly fine with it in the exact same way you are with Biden, who actually said it.

Again, that’s a thousand times more egregious than suggesting rapists and murderers are less than human. I’m not even sure how you can compare the two.
Must equate Trump to Biden. You can’t help yourself. Biden shouldn’t have said that. See how easy that was? It doesn’t make him as bad as drug addict rapist conman no matter how hard you try.

Reactions: sober_teacher
And if Trump told a room full of black people that unless they vote how he tells them to they’re not really black, I’m sure you and Tom Paris would be perfectly fine with it in the exact same way you are with Biden, who actually said it.
Do you honestly know so little about those 2 that you would think their utterances would mean the same thing?

BTW, sometimes I cut Trump slack, too, when I think he's going for humor or benign effect. Lately that's been harder.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Reactions: Tom Paris
What if they rape or murder while they’re here?

I would say not one person on this board has never referred to someone as an animal that has done horrific things. As I explained in post #33, that goes the same for US citizens born and raised that commit horrific crimes against humanity.
They're still people. People who I'd be good with giving the death penalty, but still people. There's no need to de-humanize them - like only animals could do something terrible, not people. People are often the worst - way worse than animals - and have shown throughout history to be capable committing all kinds of atrocities.

I'm not sure if I've called anyone an animal before. Doing so takes them out of "our" group, and lumps them in with all the animals that can't control their worst/basest instincts. I believe that all people - as a species - are not above all that, or better than that, and most of them are only one or two bad turns/tragedies (or a chemical imbalance) from becoming that same thing. We're them, and they're us. Criminals and maniacs are the worst of us, but they're not different from us.

They're still people. People who I'd be good with giving the death penalty, but still people. There's no need to de-humanize them - like only animals could do something terrible, not people. People are often the worst - way worse than animals - and have shown throughout history to be capable committing all kinds of atrocities.

I'm not sure if I've called anyone an animal before. Doing so takes them out of "our" group, and lumps them in with all the animals that can't control their worst/basest instincts. I believe that all people - as a species - are not above all that, or better than that, and most of them are only one or two bad turns/tragedies (or a chemical imbalance) from becoming that same thing. We're them, and they're us. Criminals and maniacs are the worst of us, but they're not different from us.
Great post.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Now that we've established that we're all actual or potential animals (in the sense that term is being used here and by Trump), I think we need to identify what animals we and others are.

What kinds of animals are MAGAs? What type are non-MAGA Republicans (assuming there still are some)?

What about progressives, corporate Democrats and the like. How about the Squad?

What about the different religious groups?

Again, that’s a thousand times more egregious than suggesting rapists and murderers are less than human. I’m not even sure how you can compare the two.
What's really interesting to me is how upset the racist party and their defenders got about that comment. No effort to understand his point - which, let's face it, was pretty obvious. Just instant weaponizing of the comment.

i would submit that by reading the question you thought about it. or is that how you take a true or false test by not reading the questions and just randomly marking ttftffttttfftffft???
I read the question, saw the options and immediately voted no.

I think that mindset changes if a human does something horrific to one of your kids. I here all the time parents of kids that were raped and brutally murdered referring to the criminal as an animal.

Now that we've established that we're all actual or potential animals (in the sense that term is being used here and by Trump), I think we need to identify what animals we and others are.

What kinds of animals are MAGAs? What type are non-MAGA Republicans (assuming there still are some)?

What about progressives, corporate Democrats and the like. How about the Squad?

What about the different religious groups?
That’s idiotic. Murdering, rapist, pedophiles, etc….. are animals. People that disagree with you politically should not even be mentioned in this topic unless they fall into the example categories I mentioned.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
So you ARE quibbling about the use of the word "convicted."

Thanks for admitting that (while at the same time trying to pretend it isn't true).
As I suspected you and your ilk have zero respect for the law when it doesn't fit your political leanings or narrative. You are one of the leaders of the lynch crowd. Just find a tree and ask one of your minions for the rope and you without regrets of any kind hang someone without trial.

What would Jesus do you ask?

He would send you to hell!

• Haha
Reactions: sabula
So they both suck at campaigning.
Are you saying that you think those comments - Biden on being Black and Trump on being Jewish - are equivalent?

I certainly don't. Biden's comment was mocking hyperbole; Trump's an outright attack.

Where are the equivalents to "hates their religion" and "hate everything about Israel" in what Biden said?

Last edited:
As I suspected you and your ilk have zero respect for the law when it doesn't fit your political leanings or narrative. You are one of the leaders of the lynch crowd. Just find a tree and ask one of your minions for the rope and you without regrets of any kind hang someone without trial.

So was trump NOT convicted in a civil court?

Oooo! Big font and bold.

You could just have said "yeah, I am quibbling about the word 'convicted'." We get it that having to quibble about that word makes you mad. But it is what you are doing.

I notice that you didn't claim Trump is innocent. I wonder why you'd rather fight over word choice than address Trump's reproachable behavior - that was established and he was fined for in a civil court of law.

What was Lying Donnie Sexual Abuser fined $5.5 MILLION dollars for? What did the judge and jury find him liable for? Are you too chickenshit to say the words SEXUAL ABUSER? Say the words, they'll set you free! Say SEXUAL ABUSER...

Oh, and for the people that liked or loved your post, these are the same people that constantly refer to Trump supporters as MAGATs. They do this in an attempt to dehumanize them. They’ll reply and say differently, but we all no their intent.

Oooo! Big font and bold.

You could just have said "yeah, I am quibbling about the word 'convicted'." We get it that having to quibble about that word makes you mad. But it is what you are doing.

I notice that you didn't claim Trump is innocent. I wonder why you'd rather fight over word choice than address Trump's reproachable behavior - that was established and he was fined for in a civil court of law.
O.J. was found guilty in a civil court so will you publically state he killed Nicole and Ron?

Patiently waiting for your response.

I think that mindset changes if a human does something horrific to one of your kids. I here all the time parents of kids that were raped and brutally murdered referring to the criminal as an animal.
Most of us will cut victims and their families slack under those circumstances. Because we feel compassion for their tragedy.

Whereas, when someone else uses their tragedy to get away with that language, we don't cut them slack. Nor should we.

Furthermore, when that someone else is a person like Trump - who shows no compassion for those who are suffering - then his cynical appropriation of their tragedy for his own gain is unquestionably disreputable and deserves to be called out.

I'll see you and raise you:

“Any Jewish person who votes for Democrats hates their religion. They hate everything about Israel, they should be ashamed of themselves because Israel will be destroyed,” Trump added.​

Agree. Awful thing to say. Just like what Biden said. Along with telling blacks that Mitt Romney was going to have them put back in chains. Could you imagine that? Telling a room full of black people that Mitt Romney, of all people, was going to have them put them BACK in chains? The writing was on the wall long ago. The Dems have just refused to see it. Two horrible candidates.

O.J. was found guilty in a civil court so will you publically state he killed Nicole and Ron?

He killed Nicole and Ron. Are you STILL chickenshit to say the words 😂😂 SEXUAL ABUSER? You know, what the judge and jury judged him liable for doing, then fined him $5.5 MILLION for doing? You still a chickenshit ? 😆

Oh, and for the people that liked or loved your post, these are the same people that constantly refer to Trump supporters as MAGATs. They do this in an attempt to dehumanize them. They’ll reply and say differently, but we all no their intent.
Fair enough. And why I used to object to that term. But I've been worn down by just how awful they are.

I'm slightly embarrassed by that. But only slightly.

It's hard to resist when they so relentlessly "otherize" themselves in vile, dishonest and violent ways. At some point the temptation to acknowledge just how terrible they are just becomes overwhelming.

Most of us will cut victims and their families slack under those circumstances. Because we feel compassion for their tragedy.

Whereas, when someone else uses their tragedy to get away with that language, we don't cut them slack. Nor should we.

Furthermore, when that someone else is a person like Trump - who shows no compassion for those who are suffering - then his cynical appropriation of their tragedy for his own gain is unquestionably disreputable and deserves to be called out.
By no means am I defending Trump, because he always successfully says the wrong thing. But I know from life that people call other human beings animals based on their horrific crimes against humanity. The difference is he’s a former president and a current candidate for president. He can talk about the horrific crimes some of the illegals have committed, but he could at least try to articulate it better.

Fair enough. And why I used to object to that term. But I've been worn down by just how awful they are.

I'm slightly embarrassed by that. But only slightly.

It's hard to resist when they so relentlessly "otherize" themselves in vile, dishonest and violent ways. At some point the temptation to acknowledge just how terrible they are just becomes overwhelming.
You either treat and talk about all people as humans, or you give Trump a pass for what he said.

Agree. Awful thing to say. Just like what Biden said. Along with telling blacks that Mitt Romney was going to have them put back in chains. Could you imagine that? Telling a room full of black people that Mitt Romney, of all people, was going to have them put them BACK in chains? The writing was on the wall long ago. The Dems have just refused to see it. Two horrible candidates.
I assume you are referencing this quote

"[Romney] said in the first hundred days, he's going to let the big banks write their own rules — unchain Wall Street. They're going to put y'all back in chains,"

You seem to be taking some liberties in your inferences.....but that's kind of what you do.

Reactions: globalhawk

Sure. He killed them. That's my conclusion based on the facts. We all know why the criminal trial failed to convict. The civil court rectified that error to the extent that it could.

Could i be wrong? Sure. But I see no reason to flip-flop unless/until the "real" killer is identified. Let me know when that happens.

Reactions: sober_teacher
I assume you are referencing this quote

"[Romney] said in the first hundred days, he's going to let the big banks write their own rules — unchain Wall Street. They're going to put y'all back in chains,"

You seem to be taking some liberties in your inferences.....but that's kind of what you do.
He was in a room full of black people saying that Mitt Romney's policies was going to be responsible for their return to slavery. But please, ignore the reality and delve into the all important semantics. But that's kind of what you do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT