ADVERTISEMENT

Trump to Impose 100% TARIFF on Imported Cars

Do you approve of a 100% Tariff on imported cars?

• Total voters
Trump said Biden is putting all his eggs in the EV market, and China has most of the raw materials and much of the EV production. Thus, Trump said Biden is putting the U.S. auto industry and the economy at the whim of China. He then said China was going to move much of their production to Mexico to take advantage of the American free trade zone. Trump then said to prevent that, he would put a 100% tariff on those vehicles made by China in Mexico. That is what was actually said . As far as the bloodbath comment, he then went on to say if he wasn't elected, Biden would create a "bloodbath" for the U.S. auto industry along with the economy at large.

If threatening to dismantle Democratic rule in the United States does not generate an emotional response from you then there is something wrong with you.
Calm down. Whatever you do don’t start throwing beekers of dangerous fluids against the wall.
If 100% accurate your observations would be spot on. And I’d be in full agreement.

If threatening to dismantle Democratic rule in the United States does not generate an emotional response from you then there is something wrong with you.
You are the perfect sap the far left targets because you will believe, ANYTHING they claim.

Reactions: SansAgain
Trump said Biden is putting all his eggs in the EV market, and China has most of the raw materials and much of the EV production. Thus, Trump said Biden is putting the U.S. auto industry and the economy at the whim of China. He then said China was going to move much of their production to Mexico to take advantage of the American free trade zone. Trump then said to prevent that, he would put a 100% tariff on those vehicles made by China in Mexico. That is what was actually said . As far as the bloodbath comment, he then went on to say if he wasn't elected, Biden would create a "bloodbath" for the U.S. auto industry along with the economy at large.
And as usual he mangled it and gave the Dems more ammo.
The obvious solution is to ask Biden what his interpretation of Trump’s speech is. 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Agree. So much focus on the Delaware Demented Dipstick’s inane ramblings - rich territory to be sure - that the Narcissistic Nutjob gets away with his shallow incendiary ramblings meant to stir up the weirdos who go to his rallies. It provides huge opportunities for the Democrats to use against him.
He's smarter than you. He actually is capable of learning.

Trump's logic is flawed in its execution. Yes, there's a danger in relying on China for anything, but the answer isn't tariffs, it's backing off US regulation.

Reactions: goldmom
Trump's logic is flawed in its execution. Yes, there's a danger in relying on China for anything, but the answer isn't tariffs, it's backing off US regulation.
One can agree or disagree with Trump's logic, but as voters, we serve to know what the candidates are actually saying and what the actually believe rather than talking heads taking words and phrases out of context to try and lie about what they believe. I expect that from the opposing party, but when the media does it, it hurts America and is dangerous.

One can agree or disagree with Trump's logic, but as voters, we serve to know what the candidates are actually saying and what the actually believe rather than talking heads taking words and phrases out of context to try and lie about what they believe. I expect that from the opposing party, but when the media does it, it hurts America and is dangerous.
The fallacy in this argument is the assumption that there’s a logic to what trump says vs uttering whatever pops in his head.

So it’s on the media to get clear Trump’s policies out of him?

I could maybe see the argument if the US Automotive industry was getting destroyed cars from nations that are paying their employees like $2 a day.

But we're not. The foreign cars that sell the most in this country generally from Germany, Japan, and South Korea.

US manufacturers arn't losing out to cheap labor they are losing out to higher quality.

It’s on us to PAY ATTENTION. Do not expect a
Level playing field where honesty rules.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
My Acura is a Honda Motors product and it’s my understanding they are still a majority foreign made car. I guess if Trump wins 🤯 it will be my last one. (Current one is my 4th)
My sister is on her fifth Volvo but I guess the Swedes don’t get a break either?
My guess is he'll have 100% tariffs on imports just like he implemented his perfect healthcare system and infrastructure plan... while he had both house and senate. Hopefully someone would put a stop to it.

Reactions: RileyHawk
I vote no on the 100% tariff of course, but was he referring to the Chinese EV’s made in Mexico?
Big difference, right?

This was exactly what he said. Agree or disagree but I assume most on here just went to the " bloodbath " word...

No. It’s others fault when they focus on dumb shit while ignoring the important shit. Also their fault when they make up their own meaning to what he says and then spread it as gospel. And if you need a translator for anything he said on that day, you’re a complete ****ing idiot.
To be fair, Trump has said a metric ton of dumb shit. It's pretty hard to keep up on all of it. Maybe Republicans should have deemed him unfit for office and voted for one of the many other Republican candidates. All of whom, imo, were better than him.

To be fair, Trump has said a metric ton of dumb shit. It's pretty hard to keep up on all of it. Maybe Republicans should have deemed him unfit for office and voted for one of the many other Republican candidates. All of whom, imo, were better than him.
I don’t disagree one bit. But I’m not gonna just make shit up and choose to be stupid because I don’t like him. There’s enough on record without needing to invent stuff for him. It reeks of panic.

I could maybe see the argument if the US Automotive industry was getting destroyed cars from nations that are paying their employees like $2 a day.

But we're not. The foreign cars that sell the most in this country generally from Germany, Japan, and South Korea.

US manufacturers arn't losing out to cheap labor they are losing out to higher quality.

The biggest losers in the current domestic car market are Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram. And they're owned by a foreign conglomerate.

Reactions: NoleATL
Turd likely has no idea on how this would affect Merican consumers.

It's merely rhetoric to appeal to those that want "isolationism" or think it's a good idea.

Red meat for his numpties.

Reactions: funksouljon
Well, somehow when republicans brag about how good the economy was under trump they do forget to include that last year for some reason.
We should be grateful, actually.

If DJT hadn't fvcked up the covid response so badly, he might have been reelected.

German quality has fallen off a cliff in the last 20 years. Asian cars still dominate in reliability, but just take a look at where the big boys from Germany rank. Mercedes Benz is making straight junk these days.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
Sadly, there's no doubt in my mind that without Covid he wins reelection in a nailbiter.
I don’t think his twitter tirades can be left out of the equation. The dude exposed himself for the unhinged child that he is. A lot of independents left him bashed on that alone imo.

Reactions: MitchLL
I don’t think his twitter tirades can be left out of the equation. The dude exposed himself for the unhinged child that he is. A lot of independents left him bashed on that alone imo.
Thing is tho - we didn't learn anything new about Trump when he was president vs before 2016.

You're not wrong tho - Trump first and foremost was always his own worst enemy. If Biden wins this fall it'll be because Trump sabotaged himself.

Thanks for your well reasoned position, now explain why the dems are running brain dead Biden.

Thing is tho - we didn't learn anything new about Trump when he was president vs before 2016.

You're not wrong tho - Trump first and foremost was always his own worst enemy. If Biden wins this fall it'll be because Trump sabotaged himself.
I hope if Biden wins this fall it's because enough people will come to their senses and refuse to put a felon in the White House.

Reactions: sober_teacher
It's not clear which cars he was referring to, so if anyone can add context to clarify that, that would be helpful. Meanwhile, here's what WaPo reported:

“Now we’re going to put a 100 percent tariff on every single car that comes across [the] line, and you’re not going to be able to sell those guys — if I get elected,” he said.​

Chinese cars only that are made in Mexico.

The biggest losers in the current domestic car market are Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram. And they're owned by a foreign conglomerate.
It’s because their products are shit. I’d gladly pay double for quality vehicles than to throw my money away on those horrible options.

Besides, this whole 100% tariff on imports will never happen, even if Trump does by some miracle get elected again.

I hope when the day comes that DJT dies, that his family donates his skull to some medical/research facility and they can study and analyze the contents to determine what went wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: This_Hawk_Abides
If that's what he said he can't remember his own history. The north American free trade agreement was renamed under biff's presidency. It was rebranded as USMCA or US Mexico and Canadian agreement. Nothing really changed. Also the largest deposit of rare earth minerals were just uncovered. Guess where? And there is a shit ton of it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT