ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday Practice Photos

This version of the Iowa OL looks very large indeed...Hopefully when we need a half-yard, they will get it 100% of the time.
Wonder what the elder Ferentz is saying to Byrd? Refine your blocking technique son?

Hard to say given how often they rotate guys through. I suppose he's gotten some #1 reps but ISM, Smith, Ragaini, Lockett, etc. probably were ahead of him at some point.

From those pictures, it sure seems like overall team speed has improved. They look fast!
I guess we see what we want to see. This reminds me of all of the pictures last year that were "proof" that Colorado's defenders were trying to injure Nebraska's quarterback.

Edit: I quoted the wrong post, but I'm going to leave it as is and live with my shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlickShagwell
ALL the TEs look great in those pictures ~ T.E.U. That said, I wish Nico Ragaini would watch the TEs, and learn to tuck that ball away after he catches it; he's begging to have it punched out!

ALL the TEs look great in those pictures ~ T.E.U. That said, I wish Nico Ragaini would watch the TEs, and learn to tuck that ball away after he catches it; he's begging to have it punched out!

Looks like the staff is working with him on that very thing...

safe_image.php

Brandon Smith has the largest hands I have ever seen. It looks like he is holding a nerf football.

safe_image.php

Ragaini needs to put on some pounds and muscle, granted he’s still very young - doesn’t have to be a Brandon Smith ROCK... but some cushion when he takes a few belts by opposing DBACKS.... but they have to catch him first ;-)

Blair - any whispers about new guys making an impact during camp.

I can’t say we are really expecting any freshmen to break through into the depth chart, but sometimes kids just prove they are ready to play and contribute.

I suppose Nixon is the one guy who hasn’t played that we are all counting on. Any news, good or bad that way?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT