ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesdays With Torbee: Gut punch loss to Little Brother sucked, but there's lots to play for still

Cade seems to be hot and cold, or maybe warm and ice cold is a better way to phrase it. Can’t afford to wait half the game for him to thaw out. When he starts struggling, Sullivan needs to get a shot for a couple series to see if he can get things turned around.

Agree 100%

Overall, though, Saturday's performance despite ending up in a loss still LOOKED better most of the day than almost any game last season.
I will say Lester's play designs are WAY better than Brian's. There are guys open and plays to be made. And the running game is much better. I don't know if Lester is a good OC but he's competent which is better than what we had before.

In 7 games at Iowa, McNamara is 80/150, 855 yards, 7TD, 5INT and negative rushing yards. He isn’t the guy.

In 7 games at Iowa, McNamara is 80/150, 855 yards, 7TD, 5INT and negative rushing yards. He isn’t the guy.
He's played two games healthy, and both of those are under a new OC with totally new plays and terminology.

He might not be the guy. But he also might. We have insufficient relevant data at this point, IMO.

It's just hard to predict.

He's coming off bad injuries and is adapting to a brand new offense with the rest of the skill players.

I don't think it's unreasonable to project that he could still round into shape as an effective game manager - which really, is all Iowa needs to win double digit games - if his physical condition isn't compromised and most of the issues are mental/rust. It's just hard to know as a fan what the biggest obstacles to his better performance are.
I agree but the inaccuracy has me more worried more than anything. He's had a LOT of under thrown balls. Just hope he can get back to his 2021 form because from the games I watched when he committed to Iowa, it sure seemed like he had a nice touch on the ball and was accurate for Michigan.

Reactions: srams21 and torbee
Another thing...it'd be nice to see a breakdown on how he performed under center as opposed to shotgun. In the first quarter he operated out of the shotgun a lot. As the game progressed he was under center a lot more.

At least it seemd that way to me...

Reactions: tumorboy
I think it looked exactly like a KF coached team. except they lost this time. I would have felt the exact same win or lose.

He's played two games healthy, and both of those are under a new OC with totally new plays and terminology.

He might not be the guy. But he also might. We have insufficient relevant data at this point, IMO.
I hope you’re right, but if you put a gun to my head and made me bet on him ever giving Iowa good QB play, I would bet the farm against him. His Hail Mary attempt was downright sad. Guy can’t heave it 50 yards.

Any chance of Sullivan getting some reps. Other than garbage time.

I think it looked exactly like a KF coached team. except they lost this time. I would have felt the exact same win or lose.
The plays that were called when the Hawks start with the ball on the 3 and the 5 yard lines were not typical Ferentz ball. Run the ball with your big back, don't get cute and throw passes.

Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT