ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesdays With Torbee

No I dont. I go to ones to see certain people from the old days.

You can keep slopping it up...by all means. I dont care. Light yourself on fire...I dont care.

Either way...I dont care what you think or do.
Nice. Well keep up your good work of not supporting the athletic department (because you don't like the direction they're going in) by only going to half of the games each year.

Ok. **** you too. Bye now
cute-sassy.gif

No I dont. I go to ones to see certain people from the old days.

You can keep slopping it up...by all means. I dont care. Light yourself on fire...I dont care.

Either way...I dont care what you think or do.
That's rich coming from a guy who likes to bitch at people for what they think or do.

As for booing, the old argument was the coaches pay, they are pro's so it is okay but don't boo the kids! No is okay to boo the coaches, and the kids who got 100k in NIL if they suck? I don't go to games so I don't know.

As for the article....@torbee
Half Baked Boo GIF

Reactions: QChawks
And that has zero to do with this years team that is currently 4-1.
Wrong my man, the lack of offense under BF has continued. A lot of anger about Brian not being gone after 2021, wasting an elite defense the last few years. It’s justified Torbee, no one is going players, they are booing BF and KF

The program is unified. You boo one, you boo all. That’s how the players see it and they are right.
That’s what they say. But they know different, the offense is the red headed stepchild, black sheep, special member of the family. They drag the team down. Stats and outcomes from last year would verify.

Reactions: Finance85
I experienced the fan abuse of “the kid” back in the days on Bob Commings….It is infantile behavior. It serves NO purpose. Makes Iowa fan sound like Bear or Cub fan. And its hard to find a more infantile, immature fan base than those two teams.
I wish Iowa fan would shut the hell up and CHEER! I wish Iowa fan would quit drinking beer in the stands…..I wish Iowa fan would concentrate on supporting their FB team in more traditional ways.

The program is unified. You boo one, you boo all. That’s how the players see it and they are right.
I'm not sure all players see it that way. Sounds like there were some issues on the sidelines with some players on Saturday. Luckily, it didn't impact the game. Winning cures all ills!

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I just asked a question. I didn't boo. I think its funny people get that mad about it.
I have an opinion that disagrees with others. Honestly if social media was more respectful of this and just didn't take things personally. Half of the ills of social media would be solved. Of course then ur would be fae less addictive.

I have an opinion that disagrees with others. Honestly if social media was more respectful of this and just didn't take things personally. Half of the ills of social media would be solved. Of course then ur would be fae less addictive.

Social media is at the root of much of today's evils.

This, giving a team such as USC, UCLA, Oregon, etc. etc. chance after chance to beat u. Isn't going to give u a winning record.
Since it is all about the narrative, allow me to posit the following:

Having USC ... and UCLA ... and Washington ... and Oregon come to town is a really good thing. It is exactly the narrative that our program needs right now.

Half of those games are going to be in Iowa. That will go a long way toward evening score in the various series. Playing multiple time zones from home will cut both ways going forward.

I admit to being frustrated, being in the BigTen from (almost) the founding and having Michigan and OSU rotated around us on a regular basis lately. We are in the most glamorous conference, and we routinely face the most unglamorous schedule. This is a big part of our problem and unfortunately, it underlies our current narrative.

However ...

... We are headed into a world of having Heisman Trophy candidates come to town on a regular basis. With our approach to defense, that makes us a particularly hazardous opponent in road games, and perhaps this dynamic will become the new narrative. Let's make those Heisman candidates earn their trophies.

But first, let's give our traditional rival a defensive AND an offensive beatdown this Saturday.

And then our world is going to change.

Last edited:
I'm not sure all players see it that way. Sounds like there were some issues on the sidelines with some players on Saturday. Luckily, it didn't impact the game. Winning cures all ills!
I hadn’t heard that. What happened on the sidelines?

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Over the years? Many, many times.

We have Dallas Clark coming on the podcast this week. We will be asking him his thoughts on fans booing. Pretty sure we touched on the subject with Julian Vandevelde in Episode 2 as well.

You should tune in!
The players hear the boos. They aren't standing out there deciding if the boos are directed at them or the coaches. They have a unique perspective.

Reactions: torbee
Over the years? Many, many times.

We have Dallas Clark coming on the podcast this week. We will be asking him his thoughts on fans booing. Pretty sure we touched on the subject with Julian Vandevelde in Episode 2 as well.

You should tune in!
Great! Phrase it like this - "In 2002, the last time Iowa actually had a good offense, did you notice any booing? As a follow up Dallas, do you feel that fans are justified booing the coaches since there offense is lacking?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT