ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Barnes, trying to dunk on Purdue?

It more goes to show Charlie wanted his, and that is acceptable.

How rah-rah is Charlie for the Purdue program, Iowa, Buffalo? Hard to tell.

well old man.. you've lost your mind... it happens... not your fault.

again... Iowa plays a style of play that does not run up the numbers..
Iowa's style of play is to win the game.

when Iowa gets control of a game... they keep control of the game.
that's smart football.

you also have to consider that Iowa plays much tougher competition than the overwhelming majority of those teams on that list of "80"

you don't play the f'n game to get your silly stupid numbers.

you play to win the game.
and that's what Iowa does... they win games.

Leading the nation in 3-and-outs is not controlling the game. I honestly don't care what base offense they run-just execute it well. I can't remember a time where Iowa's offense did that.

Reactions: percyland
I think that when Arland was "all in" he performed at a solid Big Ten level. As the season wore on and OL and QB started to improve, his energy did not seem the same and his production slipped. This may have been a consequence of his attitude toward the slow progress of the offense.

Makes me think of the old adage: If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. We need complete buy in to be successful. If you can't buy what KF is selling, you should find a place where you can invest completely. Often times the difference between success and frustration is that last bit of effort that everyone gives to each other.

I am happy that Iowa appears to be hard at work to repair the offense and look forward to having an offense in 2023 that has total buy-in (no matter the scheme or coaching staff).

the Offense has been fantastic and the team has performed better in the last 6 seasons than at any other 6 year period in Hawkeye history.

the offense had a down year... but overall, its been fantastic and won us a lot of games.

changes will be made... so... you can stop freaking out... the end of the world has not yet come.
Lol holy shit you are delusional

2022 7-5
2021 10-4
2020 6-2
2019 10-3
2018 9-4
2017 8-5

50-23 in the last 6 seasons with Brian Ferentz as OC
.685 winning percentage
that equates to 8.9 wins per season

you have to have an extremely low IQ to want the "Ferentz Regime" removed... just because we had a down year.

Barnes tweet is evidence that balanced offenses are just as successive, if not more successful, than offenses that are pass happy

and I agree with Barnes.. he's right
The reason we usually compete well is our Offensive Line is a strong part. Our offensive line was just plain bad. There is no other way to put it. You throw in a QB with horrible anxiety under pressure and/or someone who misses the easy throws/freezes on a blitz/can't read a defense we are in trouble. I am surprised we won 7 games. We need a couple offensive lineman in the portal and we will compete for a Big Ten championship. Purdue's offense is okay with slinging the ball around and yet they most likely will finish 8-6 or 9-5 and haven't been to a major bowl since Drew Brees. Think about that.

Never, EVER, EVER has anyone on this board said that….it’s akin to arguing with your wife and saying and “ you are always right” it’s nonsensical and a nonproductive.

I don’t care what he tweets, it’s far from the dumbest thing that has come out if an Iowa fans mouth, dumber shit gets said in here by the minute.

It’s always funny to me when an opposing team loses by three touchdowns and our fans give them major props that we lose by double digits in. Oh my God we’re horrible… It’s just a bad take, but I guess I’m used to it.
CM for sure it's not the dumbest thing to come out of a fan's mouth, but it is likely the stupidest thing I've ever seen tweeted by an Iowa coach. Tone deaf. Of course there is more than 1 way to win. But tweeting about it when the program's own inept offense is the reason Iowa isn't in the BT title game instead of Purdue is dumb. Anyone associated with the Iowa offense should just be silent right now, focused on improvement. Perceptions will change with production on the field, not tweets. He got Keagan Johnson's Dad to reply (since deleted). Not a great look. At all. If Barnes were not the head coach's son in law, he would likely be shown the door for this level of dumb.

I don't think that means anything coming out of Buffalo. I'm sure he was put on scholarship later?
I don't know if he was. But who would you be rah rah for.... the school that believed in you and gave you a scholarship or the one who didn't think you were good enough to start?

• Haha
Reactions: GlenHawk
the Offense has been fantastic and the team has performed better in the last 6 seasons than at any other 6 year period in Hawkeye history.

the offense had a down year... but overall, its been fantastic and won us a lot of games.

changes will be made... so... you can stop freaking out... the end of the world has not yet come.

tenor.gif

That’s not true. Charlie transferred to Iowa the same off-season his BFF was put on scholly (2019).

Try again.
Well yeah.. I mean what is his BFF going to say?

"Hey Coach, thanks for the scholly, but can you give one to my BFF too?"

“Offense has been fantastic” -F5n5 speaking about Iowas offense

You want to know how I know you know absolutely nothing about football?

Just an embarrassing tweet. Iowa’s offense is the only reason Iowa couldn’t win a historically bad division this year. Kirk’s son in law shouldn’t be running his mouth like this.

Silly and seemingly immature tweet. Sounds like something that would come from a 21 year old kid that lacked awareness, maturity, and self-confidence. I wouldn't expect that from Barnes or anyone else on the staff. That said, the content isn't flawed, IMO.

He's not wrong.

But our offense is really bad too. Both can be true. Michigan is able to beat you up on the ground too, so they don't need 400 yards passing
This.

If he wasn't connected with the Iowa program in any way, shape or form, I don't think anyone would care any less (or more?) about what he said.

But because he's a part of the program, many of our fans will feel obligated to react like, "oh yeah well.......our offense sucks!!!"

kenan-thompson-surprised.gif

Go to Purdue, get a bunch of touches, break a record, win 8 games.

Stay at Iowa, don't get any touches, don't get any stats, win 8 games.

What is the correct choice @GlenHawk ?
Why are you here dying on this hill?

Charlie’s chose touches over wins. Iowa embarrassed Purdue in whatever town Purdue resides in by three touchdowns.

Glad Charlie’s got his record though. He can hold onto that when he’s selling insurance in 3 years

C
Why are you here dying on this hill?

Charlie’s chose touches over wins. Iowa embarrassed Purdue in whatever town Purdue resides in by three touchdowns.

Glad Charlie’s got his record though. He can hold onto that when he’s selling insurance in 3 years
Actually Charlie has 1 more win with Purdue.

And it's the only hill I can die on.

And thanks for your faith in Charlie.

And this is why the Ferentz regime needs to hit the road. Charlie Jones had 13 catches for 160+ against one of the best defenses in the country. Charlie is a marginal NFL talent at best. Purdue's offensive schemes are light years ahead of Iowa's. Purdue hung tough with Michigan until the 4th quarter. Iowa was destroyed in the 1st quarter of the game last year.
DIL needs to take little Tyler's I Phone away.
Totally cringe worthy.
It's was 14-3 in the 3rd qtr and theyre 14 came on 2 plays (destroyed in the 1st qtr lolol, u r a tool)...but way to exaggerate so it fits your narrative.

C

Actually Charlie has 1 more win with Purdue.

And it's the only hill I can die on.

And thanks for your faith in Charlie.
The fact Iowa is even in the same discussion as Purdue is an epic failure on the part of Iowa's program including the Players who have left and are leaving . Since the Brees Days ( last 20 Years or so ) Purdue has stunk , They are better under the snake Brohm but the program Fry and Kirk built should never be in a level argument with anything Purdue oh most hated Rival .

Reactions: AlvySinger
Just an embarrassing tweet. Iowa’s offense is the only reason Iowa couldn’t win a historically bad division this year. Kirk’s son in law shouldn’t be running his mouth like this.

Lol he's dunking on fair weather fans like you. Not surprised it's a million miles over your head. Delete your account.

We sell touches. Not necessarily wins. But if you're good enough. We can win if we get you enough touches. See David Bell.
Arland “cement boots” Bruce is a less explosive, average hands version of Tyrone “granite hands” Tracey. They’re okay 4th to 5th options.

Neither one is a David Bell or Charlie Jones.

JFC what a stupid thing to post when Iowa O just got skunked in the first half which kept them out of said BTC game. Yes you can keep it super simple if you recruit/develop offensive players and have solid line play. Tyler's daddy dearest has been dogshit at both lately.

Maybe Tyler Barnes' has a nickname that starts with B and he's BB on here. He's been with that family long enough that it's no surprise the arrogant, entitled lack if self awareness has rubbed off.

I'd still prefer a recruiting coordinator who was recruited themselves by a p5 so they can relate but that's not how Nep U does things

Iowa’s success has been attributable solely to defense and special teams. It’s insane to bury your head in the sand and think there’s nothing wrong with Iowa’s offensive production under Brian’s watch.

So lets figure something out? We have or haven’t had success? I’m unsure now?!

Last edited:
Might as well just admit that white walkon receivers are wanted more than diva receivers because can't have another DJK around.

JFC what a stupid thing to post when Iowa O just got skunked in the first half which kept them out of said BTC game. Yes you can keep it super simple if you recruit/develop offensive players and have solid line play. Tyler's daddy dearest has been dogshit at both lately.

Maybe Tyler Barnes' has a nickname that starts with B and he's BB on here. He's been with that family long enough that it's no surprise the arrogant, entitled lack if self awareness has rubbed off.

I'd still prefer a recruiting coordinator who was recruited themselves by a p5 so they can relate but that's not how Nep U does things

Weird isn’t it that most people, in and outside the Iowa fandom have uniformly talked about Iowas recruiting Profile improving a great deal over the last 5 years?

I’m assuming you are one of the few who disagreed!

Or maybe our better recruiting rankings are because of Phil Parker too. You know the Phil Parker who was brought here by KF, promoted by KF, extremely loyal and fond of KF….maybe he is doing all the recruiting!

You know because the KF family in its entirety are idiots.

Kind of makes you wonder how smart Phil really is. You know, what with his poor choice of friends and allegiance.

Funny really how people articulate on the internet. Gives you a great snap shot into how they process things!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT