ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Barnes, trying to dunk on Purdue?

Ironic a bunch of message boards geniuses with their collective panties in a bunch over a tweet by our recruiting coordinator throwing shade at a program who has been actively poaching our players ….. ohhhh the humanity
shocked benedict cumberbatch GIF by BBC

He wasn't throwing shade at "a program who has actively been poaching our players".
He was throwing shade at players that have left Iowa to pursue something different. This comes a year after KF making that hilarious quote about staying home if Deuce was the QB and 6 weeks after KF stating "at least I don't have that guy's job". Do you think any teams will use Barnes' tweet in recruiting? Yes, and the Ferentz fluffers will decry that as 'negative recruiting."
It seems ironic that Ferentz banned his players from Twitter all those years. He may want to consider a ban on his family.

Is this really that complicated of a concept regarding Iowa football the last 5 seasons.

Defense has been great in addition to special teams. Iowa won several games over that span due to the defense creating turnovers and scoring. The offense at times was good enough to convert those turnovers to TD's

Iowa has had one of the worst offenses in CFP during those seasons and likely the worst this past season. In addition, it was really bad at converting TD's out of positive plays from the defense and special teams.

Iowa has had the one of the worst QB's the past 3 seasons and did nothing to help the team win.

It appears the coaching staff is adjusting to improve the offense, which is what people have been discussing. Going 7-5 and having a garbage offense is should not be celebrated.

Georgia and Michigan scored 50 and 43 points in their conference championship games, not sure why there is this angst over having a good offense other than they are fans of a program that appears to not want to have a good offense.

Teams are allowed to have a good offense and a great defense

Our QBs had 6 total TD passes this year. Horrible tweet lol

I think the majority of Iowa fans still want to run the ball and control TOP. We also would like a competent scheme where we utilize our athletes and playmakers.
I just want an offense that isn't an embarrassment to the U of I. Is it to much to ask to have a line that blocks,a QB that throws accurately,can scramble if need be. WRs that can get open and catch a ball.

Iowa found him first; seems Purdue likes to tamper with players to try and keep up. They know they won't win in a portal world, so they have to tamper in the spring, and proceeded to back door into Indy to a team they lost to by 3 scores. Won't last long for them.
We are behind Iowa that is true. We aren't going to win a lot of recruiting battles so we do what we have to do. But BFFs texting each other is not tampering.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
2022 7-5
2021 10-4
2020 6-2
2019 10-3
2018 9-4
2017 8-5

50-23 in the last 6 seasons with Brian Ferentz as OC
.685 winning percentage
that equates to 8.9 wins per season

you have to have an extremely low IQ to want the "Ferentz Regime" removed... just because we had a down year.

Barnes tweet is evidence that balanced offenses are just as successive, if not more successful, than offenses that are pass happy

and I agree with Barnes.. he's right
I will take that. Our record is identical to Wisconsin. Tie for the West Division lead.

Especially with Kirk taking on the portal full-steam ahead. And making the moves that need to happen to be successful in the NIL/Portal Era of chaos... That and what appears to be good changes to the offense.

Much better than this record. Won't mention who.
8-5
9-4
2-4
4-8
6-7
7-6

For just over 50% @ 36-34

Reactions: F5n5
We are behind Iowa that is true. We aren't going to win a lot of recruiting battles so we do what we have to do. But BFFs texting each other is not tampering.
Ok.

Best Friends Forever texting each other is funny to me, btw.

Shhhhhhh.
Just don’t say anything…….Doesn’t do anyone any favors to open your mouth ……
Bottom line is Michigan can do what they did because of their Dudes on the OL, their strength and conditioning and a mentality that is Nasty.

Now list the wins over teams that had a pulse in that era. I will save you the time. OSU 2017. Minnesota 2019. Possibly USC 2019. 10-4 last year was as much smoke and mirrors as 12-2 in 2015. They beat NOBODY.
You are the same tool that stated "Iowa's passing game is fine."
I don’t have the urge to go back and look game by game, but of Iowa’s 50 wins the past 6 seasons, you are satisfied with only 3 of them?

I’m all for getting Brian out of here, bringing the offense into the 21st century and all that jazz, but if this is truly your sentiment, why even bother being a fan? It will never satisfy you.

Not judging you. Just kinda feel bad. Go Hawks!

Who was in the championship game, the team with Charlie Jones balling out, or Iowa with no clue of how to play offense
Didn’t Purdue back into the game? Remember when we were told Iowa backed into it last year. And remind me how did Purdue fare on their home field against Iowa?

Iowa found him first; seems Purdue likes to tamper with players to try and keep up. They know they won't win in a portal world, so they have to tamper in the spring, and proceeded to back door into Indy to a team they lost to by 3 scores. Won't last long for them.
And I can’t wait for them to come to Kinnick again next fall.

Didn’t Purdue back into the game? Remember when we were told Iowa backed into it last year. And remind me how did Purdue fare on their home field against Iowa?
We did. We lost.

But if you want to bring up last year.... remember when we handily beat your #2 ranked team in Kinnick? The same 10 win team that lost 45-3 in their own championship game?

It's a wash.

2022 7-5
2021 10-4
2020 6-2
2019 10-3
2018 9-4
2017 8-5

.685 winning percentage

you have to have an extremely low IQ to want the "Ferentz Regime" removed... just because we had a down year.

Barnes tweet is evidence that balanced offenses are just as successive, if not more successful, than offenses that are pass happy

Still not a good look for the head of recruiting at a program that has been struggling to bring in talented WR’s. If anything he should be tweeting about reforms to the offense to get WR’s more involved, not chastising programs that utilize their WR talent.

Reactions: acuhawk
The way I read Barnes' tweet is that Iowa and maybe other teams dont have to go all pass happy with 5 wideouts to win a championship. Mich was balanced and they ran the ball a lot. But yeah he should not have tweeted this because mich's passing game was is way more productive than Iowa's. Last week in the big game against OSU Mich hit a couple of bombs which we only had one or two of all year.

and do you see a mass exodus of Michigan WRs over the last 2 years?

and Michigan has an accurate starting QB. Hopefully Iowa has one next season.

Hell, all we are aksing for in a QB is accuracy. We fans are tired of the balls (1) in the dirt; (2) behind the receiver; and (3) way over the receiver's head.

With an average offense and an accurate QB, Iowa wins 10 games this season and would have been playing for a B1G Championship yesterday.

and do you see a mass exodus of Michigan WRs over the last 2 years?

and Michigan has an accurate starting QB. Hopefully Iowa has one next season.

Hell, all we are aksing for in a QB is accuracy. We fans are tired of the balls (1) in the dirt; (2) behind the receiver; and (3) way over the receiver's head.

With an average offense and an accurate QB, Iowa wins 10 games this season and would have been playing for a B1G Championship yesterday.

Oh you are so correct. I am guessing but I think the miss with Petras was that he broke Jared Goff's high school passing records but I bet the team he and Goff were on were loaded. I bet their receivers were so wide open he couldnt help but complete a lot of passes. At Iowa , Petras would be accurate for a couple of drives and then just sort of lose it when the pressure got stronger.

Beathard was very accurate and it really helped.

Reactions: Franisdaman
What is the point of asking your question if not to imply that we should shut up about the anemic offense because the team has been successful despite the anemic offense?

I’m gonna try this one more time… you said We were ONLY successful because of the D.

Since you added the disclaimer “ONLY” I had to clarify whether we were or we weren’t successful…

Because if we were successful because of the D then we were still actually successful and I’m OK with that!

It’s honestly a pretty natural give-and-take in a debate formula… I could’ve just as easily said because of our stout D we were still successful… a more accurate assessment, and less loaded.

But your goal was to be petty, and so I turned it back around on you, “we’re we or were we not” successful.

If we were successful then we have a starting point and we can get better as all the units work better together…..

You wanted it to be shitty so I showed you it was actually a positive!

I’m gonna try this one more time… you said We were ONLY successful because of the D.

Since you added the disclaimer “ONLY” I had to clarify whether we were or we weren’t successful…

Because if we were successful because of the D then we were still actually successful and I’m OK with that!

It’s honestly a pretty natural give-and-take in a debate formula… I could’ve just as easily said because of our stout D we were still successful… a more accurate assessment, and less loaded.

But your goal was to be petty, and so I turned it back around on you, “we’re we or were we not” successful.

If we were successful then we have a starting point and we can get better as all the units work better together…..

You wanted it to be shitty so I showed you it was actually a positive!

wallcover.jpg

2022 7-5
2021 10-4
2020 6-2
2019 10-3
2018 9-4
2017 8-5

.685 winning percentage

Who did we beat? What did we accomplish in a weak west division? You might be saying something by only looking at the surface. We could and should be doing so much more with a better offense. See Wisconsin prior to Chryst and his first couple of years. Why don't you add offensive ranks next to those records and tell me it is acceptable. LMAO.

He wasn't throwing shade at "a program who has actively been poaching our players".
He was throwing shade at players that have left Iowa to pursue something different. This comes a year after KF making that hilarious quote about staying home if Deuce was the QB and 6 weeks after KF stating "at least I don't have that guy's job". Do you think any teams will use Barnes' tweet in recruiting? Yes, and the Ferentz fluffers will decry that as 'negative recruiting."
It seems ironic that Ferentz banned his players from Twitter all those years. He may want to consider a ban on his family.
If You Say So Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

the Offense has been fantastic and the team has performed better in the last 6 seasons than at any other 6 year period in Hawkeye history.

the offense had a down year... but overall, its been fantastic and won us a lot of games.
All of this - top to bottom - is reason for you to NEVER provide input on anything related to football ever again.

Interestingly enough, Iowa piss pounded Purdue in about the same fashion Michigan did.

192 pass yards, 2 td, 0 int.
Kaleb 200 yards rushing 1 td

161 pass yards 3 TD, 1 int
225 rush yards, 3 td

Oh I found it:

Iowa's Director of Recruiting Tyler Barnes: "Wait wait wait…in the Big Ten Title game, the winning QB was 11-17 for 161 with 3 TDs and just 1 INT…but all I hear is how these dudes want to go places where they just line up 5 wide and sling it?!?!? Am I missing something? #LotsofWaystoWinGames"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT