ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Peyton pro debut

not too shabby

do you happen to know if the des moines register still has a 'box score' for all iowan baseball players in the pro leagues? i think they used to publish all stats on sundays.

Not sure. I always liked the "Iowans in the Minors" segment but I think the last time I read it guys like Tom Costo and Todd Sears were playing lol

Trying to compile a list
Former Hawks, or players who have Hawkeye ties:
Joel Booker OF CWS Kannapolis-A 45 g hitting .318, 10 SB, 37 R
Jake Yacinich SS LAA Inland Empire-A+ 34 g .245
Nick Roscetti SS MIL Helena-R
Eric Toole OF COL Asheville-A 14 g .156
Tyler Peyton P CUBS South Bend-A 3g 1-0 1.86 9.2 IP 11 K
Matt Dermody P TOR Buffalo-AAA 4-0 3.48 20.2 IP 19 K, also pitched a third of an inning in the majors, but we won't talk about it
Blake Hickman P CWS Kannapolis-A looks like he could make his debut this year

Kendall Coleman OF NYY Staten Island-A (SS) *originally signed with Dahm's last class, opted for the pros
Derrick Loveless OF TOR New Hampshire-AA 17 g .250, hit .293 at Dunedin *signed with Iowa, but opted for the pros
Malique Ziegler OF SF AZL Giants-R *signed with Iowa, but opted for the pros
Ryan Borucki P TOR Dunedin-A+ 3-1 3.86 46.2 IP 56 K *signed with Iowa, but opted for the pros
Chris Comito P CWS Great Falls-R, started 4 games with Kannapolis with a 5.71 ERA in 17.1 IP, only 6 K's *signed with Iowa, but opted for the pros
Zack Burdi P CWS Charlotte-AAA 0-3 4.34 18.2 IP, 29 K, 5 SV *signed with Iowa, ended up at Louisville when Heller was hired, 1st round pick last year

The rest of these guys attended high school in Iowa, I know I'm probably missing quite a few, but it's more than you guys did, (haha, jk)

A.J. Puk P OAK Stockton-A+ 3-4 3.43 44.2 IP, 69 K
Mitch Keller P PIT Bradenton-A+ 3-2 2.93 40 IP, 39 K
Jon Keller P BALT Aberdeen-A(ss) pitched for Bowie-AA this season, only 4 IP, must be injured or something
Dan Jennings P CWS MLB 2-1 4.91 14.2 IP, 9 K
Derek Hill OF DET W. Michigan-A was a 1st rd pick, attended Dowling HS as a Freshmen, moved to California with his father during Sophomore season, nephew of Darryl Strawberry
Colin Rea P SD MLB currently on 60 Day DL
Jeremy Hellickson P PHIL MLB 5-3 4.45 60.2 IP, 24 K
Tony Watson P PIT MLB 4-1 4.03 22.1 IP, 17 K, 10 SV
Scott Schebler OF CIN .247 15 HR
Dom Thompson-Williams OF NYY Staten Island-A(SS)
Scott Harris P PHIL Clearwater-A+
Damek Tomscha 3B PHIL Clearwater-A+ .306
Matt Koch P ARIZ Reno-AAA only pitched 1 inning so far, on DL
Jake Peter 2B CWS Birmingham-AA .230 currently on DL
Cody Ege P LAA Salt Lake-AAA 2-2 6.10 31 IP, 33 K

feel free to add any to this list, I will try to make some sort of database to keep up with it this season.

Reactions: Spicolli
Trying to compile a list
Former Hawks, or players who have Hawkeye ties:
Joel Booker OF CWS Kannapolis-A 45 g hitting .318, 10 SB, 37 R
Jake Yacinich SS LAA Inland Empire-A+ 34 g .245
Nick Roscetti SS MIL Helena-R
Eric Toole OF COL Asheville-A 14 g .156
Tyler Peyton P CUBS South Bend-A 3g 1-0 1.86 9.2 IP 11 K
Matt Dermody P TOR Buffalo-AAA 4-0 3.48 20.2 IP 19 K, also pitched a third of an inning in the majors, but we won't talk about it
Blake Hickman P CWS Kannapolis-A looks like he could make his debut this year

Kendall Coleman OF NYY Staten Island-A (SS) *originally signed with Dahm's last class, opted for the pros
Derrick Loveless OF TOR New Hampshire-AA 17 g .250, hit .293 at Dunedin *signed with Iowa, but opted for the pros
Malique Ziegler OF SF AZL Giants-R *signed with Iowa, but opted for the pros
Ryan Borucki P TOR Dunedin-A+ 3-1 3.86 46.2 IP 56 K *signed with Iowa, but opted for the pros
Chris Comito P CWS Great Falls-R, started 4 games with Kannapolis with a 5.71 ERA in 17.1 IP, only 6 K's *signed with Iowa, but opted for the pros
Zack Burdi P CWS Charlotte-AAA 0-3 4.34 18.2 IP, 29 K, 5 SV *signed with Iowa, ended up at Louisville when Heller was hired, 1st round pick last year

The rest of these guys attended high school in Iowa, I know I'm probably missing quite a few, but it's more than you guys did, (haha, jk)

A.J. Puk P OAK Stockton-A+ 3-4 3.43 44.2 IP, 69 K
Mitch Keller P PIT Bradenton-A+ 3-2 2.93 40 IP, 39 K
Jon Keller P BALT Aberdeen-A(ss) pitched for Bowie-AA this season, only 4 IP, must be injured or something
Dan Jennings P CWS MLB 2-1 4.91 14.2 IP, 9 K
Derek Hill OF DET W. Michigan-A was a 1st rd pick, attended Dowling HS as a Freshmen, moved to California with his father during Sophomore season, nephew of Darryl Strawberry
Colin Rea P SD MLB currently on 60 Day DL
Jeremy Hellickson P PHIL MLB 5-3 4.45 60.2 IP, 24 K
Tony Watson P PIT MLB 4-1 4.03 22.1 IP, 17 K, 10 SV
Scott Schebler OF CIN .247 15 HR
Dom Thompson-Williams OF NYY Staten Island-A(SS)
Scott Harris P PHIL Clearwater-A+
Damek Tomscha 3B PHIL Clearwater-A+ .306
Matt Koch P ARIZ Reno-AAA only pitched 1 inning so far, on DL
Jake Peter 2B CWS Birmingham-AA .230 currently on DL
Cody Ege P LAA Salt Lake-AAA 2-2 6.10 31 IP, 33 K

feel free to add any to this list, I will try to make some sort of database to keep up with it this season.
Jon Keller was really struggling this year and was sent back to extended spring training. The Cedar Rapids Gazette has stats every Sunday on the local guys and former Hawks.

Last edited:
Blake Hickman got his first start this morning. He has Joel Booker in CF today.

Hickman has thrown 6 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 K's. Not too shabby for his first minor league start. I can't tell what his velocity is though.

Blake Hickman got his first start this morning. He has Joel Booker in CF today.

Hickman has thrown 6 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 K's. Not too shabby for his first minor league start. I can't tell what his velocity is though.
62 of 86 pitches for strikes. That's darn good!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT