ADVERTISEMENT

Tyrese Hunter in transfer portal official

There is UNI chatter that AJ Green is joining his dad in Ames next year after testing the combine- If that turns out to be true it's a net gain.
I watched Green play in quite a few UNI games last season & actually was expecting to see a better, more rounded player. He seemed to force things a bit much on offense and was out of position sometimes on d. However, I realize isu needs some more bodies, so he’ll prolly do okay there.

I've read a lot of comments on CF about Hunter maybe transferring to another Big 12 school, most notably KU. Some comments are good, most are petty + selfish. The ones I agree with are those that say fans are total hypocrites. We (in this case ISU fans) have to take this in stride + wish the young man well. He isn't doing anything wrong or illegal. We may not like or agree with NIL, and the current "free agent" feel to college bball, but TH is smart to make this move. Good for him. Go make some $$$. Also, ISU may benefit from this "free agency" if (still a big if) AJ Green lands at ISU. The smaller, "non blue blood" programs are gonna get hosed on this. It sucks, but it is ridiculous to disparage (as many CF dipshits have done) Tyrese Hunter for his choice to move on.

Reactions: Ronman
I've read a lot of comments on CF about Hunter maybe transferring to another Big 12 school, most notably KU. Some comments are good, most are petty + selfish. The ones I agree with are those that say fans are total hypocrites. We (in this case ISU fans) have to take this in stride + wish the young man well. He isn't doing anything wrong or illegal. We may not like or agree with NIL, and the current "free agent" feel to college bball, but TH is smart to make this move. Good for him. Go make some $$$. Also, ISU may benefit from this "free agency" if (still a big if) AJ Green lands at ISU. The smaller, "non blue blood" programs are gonna get hosed on this. It sucks, but it is ridiculous to disparage (as many CF dipshits have done) Tyrese Hunter for his choice to move on.
ISU has benefited greatly from the portal with Fred, Steve, and now TJ so don’t see how your fans can be bent over Hunter going elsewhere.

This NIL is going to force ISU and Iowa to find the under recruited or still physically developing players to be able to compete vs the big boys throwing money at players. They should also expect players to do what Hunter did if they blow up, cause it’s gonna happen.

Reactions: Ronman
ISU has benefited greatly from the portal with Fred, Steve, and now TJ so don’t see how your fans can be bent over Hunter going elsewhere.

This NIL is going to force ISU and Iowa to find the under recruited or still physically developing players to be able to compete vs the big boys throwing money at players. They should also expect players to do what Hunter did if they blow up, cause it’s gonna happen.
I understand your point and don't disagree with it, but it's relevant to point out there are a couple of major differences. It isn't just a matter of ISU's ox getting gored. The transfers to ISU were almost all either grad transfers or guys who had experienced problems of some kind at their original schools. And those who weren't grad transfers had to sit out before playing. What's happening now is purely driven by money.

I understand your point and don't disagree with it, but it's relevant to point out there are a couple of major differences. It isn't just a matter of ISU's ox getting gored. The transfers to ISU were almost all either grad transfers or guys who had experienced problems of some kind at their original schools. And those who weren't grad transfers had to sit out before playing. What's happening now is purely driven by money.

Brockington and Kalschur didn't have to sit out last year and weren't grad transfers along with 1-2 others. But with Brockington ISU doesn't make the tourney without him or come close. Also one of the other transfers was a KU non grad transfer. Some like Hunter are for $, others not and some a mixed bag.

Reactions: BBHawk

Night and day difference between now and just a few years ago. Nobody went to ISU for the money

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
Didn't we smoke the Clowns this year? After that they're just like a dead skunk in the middle of road, stinking to high even. Something you want in the rear-view mirror before you hit the deer in the road.

Has anyone ever noticed just how ****ing ugly are those Iowa State BBall jerseys?

Five days ago, none of us saw this coming or had any clue.

Most generally believe he liked it here and was close with TJ and this most certainly is devastating.

NIL is what it is right now. He's testing the college free agent waters. Lots of $$$$ out there to be had, and ISU isn't set up like some of the blue bloods and frankly, we don't have that sugar daddy to head up a collective (think Nike at Oregon, Walmart at Arkansas or Fed Ex at Memphis.)

NIL is the death of college sports as we knew it. Sucks but if the NCAA doesn't reform it, college sports are something totally different now. Right out in the open.
It wasn't too devasting. So far they are a better team without him.

With the way things are going why don't schools leave the NCAA for football and basketball?

It was straight up feisty between Iowa State and Texas....

Grill nails a 3 and runs next to the Texas bench telling them they should call time out... lol

Hunter got a lot of "disrespect" if you will.

It was straight up feisty between Iowa State and Texas....

Grill nails a 3 and runs next to the Texas bench telling them they should call time out... lol

Hunter got a lot of "disrespect" if you will.

Not entirely sure. Why didn't the refs grant his timeout? He was looking right at the player there. He either needed to grant the timeout or call unsportsmanlike conduct.

Not entirely sure. Why didn't the refs grant his timeout? He was looking right at the player there. He either needed to grant the timeout or call unsportsmanlike conduct.

Iowa State wasn't in possession of the ball, he can't call timeout.

It was taunting the bench. Easily could have been a tech. It was a very emotional game and apparently there was a lot of trash talk going between the two squads the whole game. They'd already called 1 tech at that point. To be honest I think the refs let the game get out of hand by that point, but it's not like they weren't calling fouls, there were a ton of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT