ADVERTISEMENT

Unpopular movie takes Friday! Whatcha got?

Pulp fiction dumbest movie ever along with Con Air…
Pulp Fiction is currently on the Amazon Prime playlist and since I had never seen it, I watched it two days ago. I figured I was really missing out on something.

I did not need to watch Uma Thurman ODing on Cocaine or all of the inane small talk. (It just would not quit.) Every scene was drawn out because the characters had to have long conversations about nonsense..

I did like the opening and closing scenes where Pumpkin and Tim Roth were robbing a restaurant. (after discussing what a brilliant idea it would be because no one ever robs restaurants.) Sweet little Pumpkin really turned on the aggression .... She could do this on call as it works out. These scenes really did tie up any loose ends and provided a fairly good ending to a movie that apparently was just going to go on forever.

Other bad movies:

Certainly "Inglorious" Basterds: is one. (I might add others as the day goes on.)

Last edited:
Reactions: seminoleed
I have two:

-Collateral is a really great film, and I think Michael Mann is great. But the ending with Vincent, and the callback to the news story about dead guy riding on the subway seemed too hokey, and almost ruins the movie.

-I loved the final shot of the Departed, with the rat. It told me that, despite all of his accolades, Scorsese still has a sense of humor and he doesn't take himself too seriously.

The old movie was awesome. Crammed too much into one film, but still a syfy classic.
New one is beautiful and more true to the novel.
considering the star wars came out like 7 years prior, the original dune looked like a space balls type project.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT