ADVERTISEMENT

Update on the Virginia bathroom rape.

ihhawk

HR Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Fort Lauderdale
So, it comes out that the superintendent notified the school board of the bathroom assault the day after it happened. May 28th. A few weeks later is when he lied to the victims dad in the board meeting.
Dude still has a job. Unreal.

So, it comes out that the superintendent notified the school board of the bathroom assault the day after it happened. May 28th. A few weeks later is when he lied to the victims dad in the board meeting.
Dude still has a job. Unreal.

Let me get this straight. A sexual assault occurring in a school bathroom is reported and there’s no suggestion of counseling offered to students, particularly female students, who might have fears needing to be assuaged? However, when the parent of the alleged victim gets understandably upset at a school board meeting, counseling services are offered to students who might have been impacted?

Bizarre.

OP wouldn't be starting another thread about this if not for politics. Sexual assault is right there with abortion and immigration as far as scumbag things to politicize. I hope the victim is healing as much as possible, very sad situation

They are trying to figure out how they can blame this on right wing media. That’s the new go to from the left.

file.php

A year or two after I graduated high school, a new girls basketball coach was hired. He was banging at least ten students, most of them juniors or sophomores. The school handled it quietly and all of sudden, he was gone, bigly. Nobody knew where he ended up. He got lucky, my buddies and I found out too late. We were ready to face assault charges if need be.

Reactions: goldmom
OP wouldn't be starting another thread about this if not for politics. Sexual assault is right there with abortion and immigration as far as scumbag things to politicize. I hope the victim is healing as much as possible, very sad situation
98% of the threads on HROT are political. In this instance, there is a major ideology divide between Ds and Rs on if we should call men men or women women. In this case, the school board was holding open forums to discuss a transgender bill that effected their students. A female gets raped by a transgender in the locker room two weeks before the board meeting. If that got out in the public before that meeting there is no way that the parents in that community would be okay with a yes vote. So, they did what any politician would do, they lied about it and had the father arrested who fought back. They then put the kid in another school where he did it again.
I post this thread because it needs to be posted. I’m sorry if I distracted you from the endless Donald Trump threads

Opee linked an article from the Virginia Star, lol!
Ya, for some reason I can’t find the school boards press release on any of the MSM sites. Weird isn’t it. Right in the middle of a governors race too. You would think that CNN would want to know how the candidates feel about it since Terry has mentioned several times that parents should have no say on students education

They are trying to figure out how they can blame this on right wing media. That’s the new go to from the left.
This is the first I've heard of this, but I guess I don't understand what you want anyone to say about this. I mean, if you are blaming a policy on the rape and not the creep that did it then that's just an extension of the "we can't ruin this athletes entire life because of one slip up" attitude. Or, why the GOP seems to not really be against rape or pedophiles in general.

This is the first I've heard of this, but I guess I don't understand what you want anyone to say about this. I mean, if you are blaming a policy on the rape and not the creep that did it then that's just an extension of the "we can't ruin this athletes entire life because of one slip up" attitude. Or, why the GOP seems to not really be against rape or pedophiles in general.
Find the thread about this topic from two weeks ago. Many on your team. Saying there is no way the school board would know about it happening. The school board covered it up…

Find the thread about this topic from two weeks ago. Many on your team. Saying there is no way the school board would know about it happening. The school board covered it up…
If that's the case, then those school board members need to resign and probably find a lawyer. Not because of the policy but because they tried to cover up a rape in the school.

The policy is the problem. Males should never be allowed in female bathrooms/locker rooms. Even if the males decide to call themselves females

If that's the case, then those school board members need to resign and probably find a lawyer. Not because of the policy but because they tried to cover up a rape in the school.
One of the board members resigned at the time but there wasn’t a reason given.
Organizations have been filing FIOA requests to see why the superintendent was telling the school board. That’s how we know of his email to the board. They will get other emails.
The lawsuits will be coming.

Ya, for some reason I can’t find the school boards press release on any of the MSM sites. Weird isn’t it. Right in the middle of a governors race too. You would think that CNN would want to know how the candidates feel about it since Terry has mentioned several times that parents should have no say on students education
And there ya go, your interest in what's going on in this case.

Of course you're gonna try to shoehorn this into the Virginia Governor's race. Of course you're going to lie and say that Terry McAuliffe thinks parents should have no say on students education.

And there ya go, your interest in what's going on in this case.

Of course you're gonna try to shoehorn this into the Virginia Governor's race. Of course you're going to lie and say that Terry McAuliffe thinks parents should have no say on students education.
Lie? There are numerous sound bites of him saying so. He even said it during the debates.

This complaint is weird to me. If parents want full control of what their kids are being taught, why don't they home school? Politicizing schools is a really messed up tactic by the right. It's disturbing they're taking over school boards for political reasons
There is a reason that school board meetings exist. There is a reason that there are school boards. It’s all about input from the citizens and the board represents the citizens.

Reactions: goldmom
There is a reason that school board meetings exist. There is a reason that there are school boards. It’s all about input from the citizens and the board represents the citizens.
So input based on whackjob conspiracy theories put forth by the right? I'm pretty sure that's not why school boards exist.

Won’t stop rape but will prevent males from entering females bathrooms.

Great idea. We should also enact policies against murder, rape, robbery, theft, arson, tax evasion ....

We would never have a crime again. Why didn't America think of this earlier?

What type of irrational projection garbage is this?

What conspiracy theory
This transphobic bullshit is a good example. Same with CRT. Rs are taking over school boards nationwide demanding answers for made up problems. You don't see this effort to reform education based on boogeymen a problem? I sure as hell do.

Reactions: pjhawk
Oh cool. Now you're posting GOP quick cut, soundbite attack ads. Very convincing!

Saying that the crazy types of parents and non-parent adults that have been taking over school board meetings in Virginia and elsewhere don't get to dictate curriculum to school boards is very different from saying parents should have no say on students education.

It's just endless bad faith attacks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huey Grey
Let me get this straight. A sexual assault occurring in a school bathroom is reported and there’s no suggestion of counseling offered to students, particularly female students, who might have fears needing to be assuaged? However, when the parent of the alleged victim gets understandably upset at a school board meeting, counseling services are offered to students who might have been impacted?

Bizarre.
No question about it, this situation was handled badly by the school district. However, according to the way I read the email the parent came to school that day upset and made a scene in front of students and staff. It's understandable he would be upset, but that is why the counseling was offered to students not because of his behavior at the school board meeting. Here's the email:

1-0c3ef719a6.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT