ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Uvalde Police Response

From what I am reading, they DID go the sound of the gunfire, encountered a locked door and were commanded not to breech.

If you think that something else happened, provide a link, because i am not seeing that. The articles linked in this thread support what i am saying, not what you are saying.
You're colossally full of shit, just making stuff up as you go along. You obviously had no idea when you came into this thread what the guidelines are for these scenarios, anybody other than the hardcore trolls would have slunk away in embarrassment by now.

Reactions: Huey Grey
From what I am reading, they DID go the sound of the gunfire, encountered a locked door and were commanded not to breech.

If you think that something else happened, provide a link, because i am not seeing that. The articles linked in this thread support what i am saying, not what you are saying.
Damn...you have no idea what you're talking about. Officers on the scene of an active shooter do not wait for "commands". They have been trained to confront the shooter as quickly as possible. Even a single officer is obligated to do so. School shooting protocols include having master keys available for responding officers so locked doors don't stump them. The officers from the BP who did their jobs were apparently slowed because no officer already on the scene was waiting at the door with a key to open it. After an hour on scene, either they still weren't ready to enter the room or they delayed aid to a group of officers who weren't going to wait for "commands"

Reactions: lucas80
You are the one that doesn't know what you are talking about...you are getting geeked up by reacting to Tweets...not necessarily facts.

Command should have instructed to breech, yes. But they didn’t. They were still commanding NOT to breech when one or more brave officers defied orders and did breech.

The training and preparation is always predicated on a command and control, follow orders basis. It has to be that way, otherwise chaos would reign. The failure wasn't with the 19 officers gathered in the hallway, it was with the leadership.

What type of zoo could you potentially have if 19 officers were all doing their own thing, apart from any direction? Sheer madness.

You do understand that it wasn’t any of the local PD that you’re trying so hard to defend who ultimately stormed the classroom, right?

I could buy the narrative you’re trying to sell here if we were only talking about a few minutes, but we’re not. It was over an hour.

At best those cops on the hallway should have the decency to resign.

Uvalde, I believe has 16,000 residents. The school district has eight campuses. Now, maybe they have kids from the county, too, but why do they have their own police force? That seems like one initial chain of command hurdle that had to be overcome. A school shooting should go straight to the PD or county sheriff, not old timers marking off days for a pension.

Uvalde, I believe has 16,000 residents. The school district has eight campuses. Now, maybe they have kids from the county, too, but why do they have their own police force? That seems like one initial chain of command hurdle that had to be overcome. A school shooting should go straight to the PD or county sheriff, not old timers marking off days for a pension.

The school police force was created in 2019 after the school shootings in Parkland and the town outside of Houston.

Then they didn’t do it right. This was a cluster F of a response.

I think you were correct about this school dept being a bunch of over the hill cops waiting to retire. The school PD "chief" had been a longtime Uvalde city policeman. He then moved to Corpus Cristi to work as a Captain of the school police dept and then moved back to Uvalde in 2019.

I think you were correct about this school dept being a bunch of over the hill cops waiting to retire. The school PD "chief" had been a longtime Uvalde city policeman. He then moved to Corpus Cristi to work as a Captain of the school police dept and then moved back to Uvalde in 2019.
The UCISD police "force". Not over the hill...just incompetent. They f'd up the single most important job that justifies their existence.

The DA in Uvalde has forbidden any public officials from speaking to the media.

Reporter tries to get answers from Uvalde DA. See what happened

You guys keep arguing in circles. It keeps getting posted that in an active shooter situation they should run in. True. Then it keeps getting ignored that the leaders wrongly concluded it was no longer an active shooter but instead a barricade hostage situation.

You guy just keep arguing past each other.

You guys keep arguing in circles. It keeps getting posted that in an active shooter situation they should run in. True. Then it keeps getting ignored that the leaders wrongly concluded it was no longer an active shooter but instead a barricade hostage situation.

You guy just keep arguing past each other.
It would be helpful to know why the authorities concluded it was no longer an active shooter when there were a number of students from inside the room calling 911 with gunshots in the background. Also why did they think he was barricaded when they were able to open the door with a key?

Reactions: NoleinATL
It would be helpful to know why the authorities concluded it was no longer an active shooter when there were a number of students from inside the room calling 911 with gunshots in the background. Also why did they think he was barricaded when they were able to open the door with a key?
Fair questions.

As others have said…every LEO “expert” I have seen says even the first person on scene goes to neutralize the threat no matter what. “Orders” or no orders. Lesson was learned at Columbine. You don’t sit around saying “what do I do?!”

I would be very interested to know how long those boarder patrol agents were even on scene before they went in….if I was a betting man I would bet not very long.

Officers standing in hallway for 40+ mins have no excuse….they are just as responsible as the leadership…

Side note: is this whole having a “school police dept” a Texas thing? I don’t think I have ever heard of such a thing..

From the International Associations of Chiefs of Police:

It is the policy of this agency in active shooter situations where ongoing deadly force is reasonably likely to be employed by a suspect—and delay in taking law enforcement action could result in injury or death—that immediate action by officers at the scene is necessary when such actions are deemed reasonable to prevent further injuries or loss of life.

The officers at the scene are obligated by their training and oath to take IMMEDIATE action to prevent loss of life...even at risk to their own lives. They were stymied by a locked door.
And AGAIN...for all of you that are reading right past, or not reading at all, the command on the scene determined, erroneously, that it was NOT an active shooter situation, but a "hostage/barricade" situation.

That has a different prescribed response and protocol. You can quote anyone you want, but every time you do you are highlighting that you are not comprehending what exactly happened there.

As others have said…every LEO “expert” I have seen says even the first person on scene goes to neutralize the threat no matter what. “Orders” or no orders. Lesson was learned at Columbine. You don’t sit around saying “what do I do?!”

I would be very interested to know how long those boarder patrol agents were even on scene before they went in….if I was a betting man I would bet not very long.

Officers standing in hallway for 40+ mins have no excuse….they are just as responsible as the leadership…

Side note: is this whole having a “school police dept” a Texas thing? I don’t think I have ever heard of such a thing..
If you are paying attention to LEO experts...ask them if the protocol was in fact followed in light of the fact that command declared the situation as a "hostage/barricade " one and then commanded officers not to breech the barricade.

You're colossally full of shit, just making stuff up as you go along. You obviously had no idea when you came into this thread what the guidelines are for these scenarios, anybody other than the hardcore trolls would have slunk away in embarrassment by now.
I READ the articles linked in this thread. Everything I am saying is in them. LOLOLOL.

Not a troll, just able to read AND not wired to blame the police based on incomplete information and/or innuendo from others.

You do understand that it wasn’t any of the local PD that you’re trying so hard to defend who ultimately stormed the classroom, right?

I could buy the narrative you’re trying to sell here if we were only talking about a few minutes, but we’re not. It was over an hour.

I thought it was 2 border patrol and 2 local that finally decided enough

Damn...you have no idea what you're talking about. Officers on the scene of an active shooter do not wait for "commands". They have been trained to confront the shooter as quickly as possible. Even a single officer is obligated to do so. School shooting protocols include having master keys available for responding officers so locked doors don't stump them. The officers from the BP who did their jobs were apparently slowed because no officer already on the scene was waiting at the door with a key to open it. After an hour on scene, either they still weren't ready to enter the room or they delayed aid to a group of officers who weren't going to wait for "commands"
Ironic...the assessment of the situation was changed from "active shooter" to "hostage/barricade"...at that moment, the protocol response changed.

You keep hammering, erroneously, on what the prescribed response is...to a DIFFERENT scenario and you think I am the one who doesn't know what I am talking about. Rich.

Have you read the articles linked earlier in this thread?

And AGAIN...for all of you that are reading right past, or not reading at all, the command on the scene determined, erroneously, that it was NOT an active shooter situation, but a "hostage/barricade" situation.

That has a different prescribed response and protocol. You can quote anyone you want, but every time you do you are highlighting that you are not comprehending what exactly happened there.
And again, I ask. How the hell could they not hear the gunshots?

"Too many cooks in the kitchen" does appear to be one of the factors that led to the poor response. For instance, the 911 call info were being fed, not to the person(s) in command on the scene, but the local PD.

This possibly explains why the command didn’t comprehend that that there were still survivors, which led to the incorrect decision to reclass the situation to a "hostage" one.

I haven't seen anything that indicates what communication was in place between the school district top cop and the local PD. Knowing that on site dynamic could explain a lot.

Although i believe a border patrol officer led the breech, my understanding is that he was joined in doing so by others present...to include local PD. This should be confirmed, but i don't think your statement is accurate.

I am not trying to defend local police per se, only those who were doing what their training, preparation, command and protocol prepared them for. Many have been unfairly and inaccurately called cowards by those that lack actual understanding of ALL of the factors in play that day.

The problem is the command and i have said from the start that the command needs to be gone.

And again, I ask. How the hell could they not hear the gunshots?
I already addressed that to the extent that i can...it is probably BECAUSE they heard the gunshots that they came to the realization that the declaration of a "hostage/barricade" situation was incorrect...leading some of them to ultimately take matters into their own hands.

I never said they couldn't hear the gunfire. I am pretty confident that they did and that is likely why some of them ultimately broke ranks and breeched. They realized that the command was screwing up and they then stepped out of order so to speak and breeched.
What took them so long?

I READ the articles linked in this thread. Everything I am saying is in them. LOLOLOL.

Not a troll, just able to read AND not wired to blame the police based on incomplete information and/or innuendo from others.
LOL. You're like the stereotype of a bad cop, asserting unearned authority, completely full of shit, more interested in covering ass and maintaining you're "in charge" status than anything else. Falling back on whatever bullshit "procedural" excuse you can come up with after the fact to justify failing completely at your job.

The cops here have been lying from the start, the "factual" claims (LOL again) they were making have been changing daily and now they're apparently not talking at all to the press or even to official investigators, so your entire premise of being the guy in the thread going with "the facts" is bullshit just on that basis.

The claims that the situation had changed from "active shooter" to "hostage/barricade" are similarly bullshit since this apparently happened within 5 minutes of cops arriving on scene (again, if you believe what the cops are saying), but there was apparently no command/control on scene even to make that determination.

They didn't do their jobs and they didn't follow their training/guidelines and they knew it and that's been obvious from the start since they've been lying from the start (even taking into consideration "fog of war" issues).

LOL. You're like the stereotype of a bad cop, asserting unearned authority, completely full of shit, more interested in covering ass and maintaining you're "in charge" status than anything else. Falling back on whatever bullshit "procedural" excuse you can come up with after the fact to justify failing completely at your job.

The cops here have been lying from the start, the "factual" claims (LOL again) they were making have been changing daily and now they're apparently not talking at all to the press or even to official investigators, so your entire premise of being the guy in the thread going with "the facts" is bullshit just on that basis.

The claims that the situation had changed from "active shooter" to "hostage/barricade" are similarly bullshit since this apparently happened within 5 minutes of cops arriving on scene (again, if you believe what the cops are saying), but there was apparently no command/control on scene even to make that determination.

They didn't do their jobs and they didn't follow their training/guidelines and they knew it and that's been obvious from the start since they've been lying from the start (even taking into consideration "fog of war" issues).
This is just not true. The officers in question gave original statements and have not made any other statements. The only thing that changed daily is the reporting and the little bits of info that are coming from sources that are NOT the officers in question. You are reacting to headlines that are designed to elicited reactions.

This is just not true. The officers in question gave original statements and have not made any other statements. The only thing that changed daily is the reporting and the little bits of info that are coming from sources that are NOT the officers in question. You are reacting to headlines that are designed to elicited reactions.
Thank you. You exactly right. It scares me that so many are so easily led, actually...misled, and then will argue and huff and puff incessantly...all the while not being in possession of an accurate understanding.

Twitter feeds are a cancer in that way. Confirmation bias to the max.

Reactions: dandh
And that is not the training! Their sole job is to take out the shooter. Is to stop the carnage.
In an active shooter situation...yes, you would be correct. Well, technically, it is not their sole job, but it is the #1 priority, we agree on that.

But...that the situation was declared to be a hostage/barricade situation, no, you are not correct.

This has been explained now about 10 times and is also explained in the articles linked in this thread. Do you not understand the distinction?

So much wrong with this. Read the linked articles.

So, have we agreed that guns and their easy access was not the reason for the shooting? It was incompetent LEOs….now we just have to find a fall guy! But “guns” will be held harmless!
Long live the 2nd A!
Where was that agreed to? Or even discussed in this thread?

Oh for cripes sake. You know exactly what I was saying and claiming, that "official law enforcement sources" have been lying and changing their stories from day one of this thing. Are you disputing that?

But how Cop of you, It's actually the REPORTERS who are/were incompetent and didn't do their jobs in Uvalde. Take a look at the real villains/scandal here America. The RePOrTerS.

So, have we agreed that guns and their easy access was not the reason for the shooting? It was incompetent LEOs….now we just have to find a fall guy! But “guns” will be held harmless!
Long live the 2nd A!
It doesn't have to be one or the other dude.

Reactions: tarheelbybirth
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT