ADVERTISEMENT

Soldier Salute Session #3

Not much left in Frost these days.
Was it "TJ's in the 90s and it's Jules?"
head to Bricelyn after dinner and then Rake at 12:45 bc/ if someone asks you if you want to go to Rake, the answer is always "yes".

That didn't look like an ankle to me...dude had Abe's knee twisted and did the RBY lift and pull from my view.

Corner was not happy.
Yeah I was looking the other way right when it happened. Limping looked like ankle to me could have been wrong.

I know a lot on here have bad feeling towards the midlands tournament but we need to go back. We either need to go back, go to the scuffle, or really push this tournament to be more competitive because this isn’t nearly competitive enough for our top guys. Good tournament for our young guys and back ups to get pushed but most of our starters are running through this thing

I know a lot on here have bad feeling towards the midlands tournament but we need to go back. We either need to go back, go to the scuffle, or really push this tournament to be more competitive because this isn’t nearly competitive enough for our top guys. Good tournament for our young guys and back ups to get pushed but most of our starters are running through this thing
Agree but it has the foundation for being a really good women's tournament. Hopefully on the men's side the teams that brought backups bring starters next year.

Reactions: Ilhawk135
It's year 1...Rome wasn't built in a day.

As I said in another thread I think we're all-in on thus due to the women's aspect.

We're going to try to build the men's side to equal those two events and showcase the women. It will take time as relationships are already built with those events.

Waiting on Glazier to have rest time before he wrestling. Probably going to sign off if he doesn't wrestle soon.

It's year 1...Rome wasn't built in a day.

As I said in another thread I think we're all-in on thus due to the women's aspect.

We're going to try to build the men's side to equal those two events and showcase the women. It will take time as relationships are already built with those events.
Like the women’s aspect but it’s gonna be a hard time getting teams to leave the midlands or the scuffle. After all that happened with the midlands iowa is the only top team that left, so if those other teams didn’t leave after last year I doubt they’re ever leaving

Reactions: TarpHawk
Was it "TJ's in the 90s and it's Jules?"
head to Bricelyn after dinner and then Rake at 12:45 bc/ if someone asks you if you want to go to Rake, the answer is always "yes".
All I remember was there was some kind of Viking and/or Biker theme bar there.
Regarding Rake, it is desolate beyond words now.
Cheap whiskey at Kiester though! Municipal liquor store.

I want to see what other teams will send their starters next year before giving this tournament a true judgment. But this year the competition was pretty weak. Here are the non-Iowa ranked wrestlers from Flo's rankings
125- Berginc-14th
133- Rini-HM
141- Kazimir- HM
149- none
157- Swensen-23rd
165- none
174- Haystings- HM, Pasuik-23rd
184- none
197- none
285- none

Like the women’s aspect but it’s gonna be a hard time getting teams to leave the midlands or the scuffle. After all that happened with the midlands iowa is the only top team that left, so if those other teams didn’t leave after last year I doubt they’re ever leaving

Seems logical that they will never leave given that teams have left the Midlands in droves over the years. And teams have come and gone from the Scuffle as well.

Reactions: hoythawk
Griffith with a TD at 1:50 in first
Riding tough
wrist?
Griffith could wrestle a few matches as true fresh if Abe is out for a couple of weeks.
Trying to get a gable arm

SW on Wyatt (Bellarmine)
2-0
1:25 rt
23s left in first
trying to cradle
flat
rideout

Griffith with a possible mat return of the day
1:31 left
Prolly going to Glazier's match.
MOUSAW has a TD on Glazier
Glazier does a standing switch and throws Mousaw off and under.
That was like the avengers
Griffith with a sucj back
Glazier now getting backs in first and fall
Wow that was some kind of cradle for Glazier.

Reactions: WildTurk
Seems logical that they will never leave given that teams have left the Midlands in droves over the years. And teams have come and gone from the Scuffle as well.
The midlands has been going on forever so obviously throughout the years there has been some changes with teams but iowa is the only top team that left after last years craziness. It’s an established tournament and it’s going to be hard to interest teams like ASU for example to leave that in order to go to this new tournament that is basically Iowa’s starters just killing a bunch of outmatched opponents

Glazier has Voelker tonight
Griffith is up 10-0
3:50rt
Griffith cam e out of a cradel to Merkel to TD
Now Griffith with a snap dbl TD
12-1
30s

The midlands has been going on forever so obviously throughout the years there has been some changes with teams but iowa is the only top team that left after last years craziness. It’s an established tournament and it’s going to be hard to interest teams like ASU for example to leave that in order to go to this new tournament that is basically Iowa’s starters just killing a bunch of outmatched opponents

But then throw in couple more teams and suddenly they’re in business.

The Midlands has been weakening over the years and losing iowa really hurt. A strong tourney in IC is a good goal and worth a shot/support. Give it a few years and re-assess.

Without Iowa at the Midlands, I'll be curious to see what the attendance is like. Without attendance, it will be a slow death.

But then throw in couple more teams and suddenly they’re in business.

The Midlands has been weakening over the years and losing iowa really hurt. A strong tourney in IC is a good goal and worth a shot/support. Give it a few years and re-assess.
Good points. Definitely would be great for it to grow into a top tier tournament

Reactions: SPOONER
The "I'm done" comment was kind of freaky. Hopefully just frustrated and didn't injure his knee or anything. 😮
I watched the end of the match about 10 times to see if he was acting gimpy at all and he wasn’t. He just looked pissed it appeared because his opponent was pushing him around for much of the 3rd period…and that dog just don’t hunt with SL.

I watched the end of the match about 10 times to see if he was acting gimpy at all and he wasn’t. He just looked pissed it appeared because his opponent was pushing him around for much of the 3rd period…and that dog just don’t hunt with SL.
when he gets reversed at the end of the second his knee gets cranked on a little and he grimaces and puts his head down. hopefully he just got a little scared. part of why he needs these matches. have to learn to trust it.

He is very driven and looked frustrated, not gimpy to me. He also looks much stronger than in the past. Injuries are the only thing with a chance to stop Spencer and I pray that doesn't come in to play again.

This was funny….

Interview With Former Hawkeyes; Brandon Sorensen, Daniel Dennis and Jake Kadel! Sorensen fills us in on who would win in a match between he and his big bro, Blake. Daniel Dennis Crashes the Interview and Shows us how to use the video camera like human beings and not chimpanzees. And Jake Kadel fills us in on how his squad is doing at Iowa Wesleyan and tries recruiting Sorensen to come on staff!!

I ended up giving the camera to Kadel to start the interview off because my mouth was dry and I was starting to sound like Porky Pig when I spoke. Haha, and thank goodness it worked out that way, for the filming of this video was done so well that I consider it a work of art! Brilliant camera angles!!!

Fun times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT