ADVERTISEMENT

***US Soccer***

Not USMNT, but did anyone see the nightmare of a game by the NZ lady defender against the USWNT a few days ago? Had an "own-goal hat trick" in 35 minutes of the first half.

Ouch, talk about a bad day at the office...

Not USMNT, but did anyone see the nightmare of a game by the NZ lady defender against the USWNT a few days ago? Had an "own-goal hat trick" in 35 minutes of the first half.

Ouch, talk about a bad day at the office...

I didn't watch it but came across that stat and watched the replays.

Apparently only one other player in the mens or women's game has ever had 3 own goals in a single match. I looked up the other guy who did that on wikipedia and his 3 own goals in a match is all Wikipedia has to say about him.

I didn't watch it but came across that stat and watched the replays.

Apparently only one other player in the mens or women's game has ever had 3 own goals in a single match. I looked up the other guy who did that on wikipedia and his 3 own goals in a match is all Wikipedia has to say about him.
Links to replays?

OT: Lletget puts Bruce Arena’s New England Revolution up 1-0 on Pumas of Liga MX in a snowy CONCACAF Champions League Quarterfinal. Yellow ball time at Foxboro.

Reactions: Dorrman
Who’d have thought a year ago we’d be talking about our best midfielder being out with injury and it turns out NOT to be Pulisic. McKennie out is a blow.
Different positions. Pulisic at this point is a winger, not midfielder.

he has simply been more consistent, I think being home from that early qualifying window was a wake up call. Pulisic on the other hand has had a rough time at Chelsea. Streaky play, nagging injuries, doesn’t seem to be a great fit with what Tuchel wants, etc. won’t be surprised to see him sold to another club this summer.

he has simply been more consistent, I think being home from that early qualifying window was a wake up call. Pulisic on the other hand has had a rough time at Chelsea. Streaky play, nagging injuries, doesn’t seem to be a great fit with what Tuchel wants, etc. won’t be surprised to see him sold to another club this summer.

Part of although not all of Pulisic's difficulty is that Tuchel often moves him around to whatever position he needs reinforcements.

This year he's played left wing, attacking midfield, left wingback, and #9. He played several games at the #9 position where he is beyond useless. Pulisic is like 5'8" or something like that and he gets stuck in there between two CB's who are both over 6' tall and his teammates send high balls in as though he's gonna win a header against those guys.

Pulisic is a winger, but has had some injuries. I’d like to see him add some muscle to his frame. And he can play at Chelsea, but is Tuchel good fit for him. Tuchel can’t seem to decide where he wants him… and many others on his roster for that matter. Dudes just have zero consistency with him. Might be a good thing if he moves to another club where he has a consistent position and role.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08

Pulisic is a winger, but has had some injuries. I’d like to see him add some muscle to his frame. And he can play at Chelsea, but is Tuchel good fit for him. Tuchel can’t seem to decide where he wants him… and many others on his roster for that matter. Dudes just have zero consistency with him. Might be a good thing if he moves to another club where he has a consistent position and role.

Yeah, my original point still stands. A winger is still considered a part of the midfield.

So I saw something on FB and it looks legit.

Apparently tomorrow is likely the last time that Mexico and the USA will play each other in World Cup qualifiers.

People are saying (Although I can't verify this) that because of the expansion of the World Cup in the future the qualification in the future will have the top 4 ranked teams head up their own group of 4 teams with those teams likely being Canada, Mexico, USA, and Panama. The winner from each group will qualify and the 2nd place teams will playoff for the remaining two spots.

Even if that's not the case CONCACAF will be getting 6 teams now. So qualification for both teams will likely never be in question again. So the US vs Mexico matches for world cup qualification may not be that meaningful in the future if they occur at all.

Apparently tomorrow is likely the last time that Mexico and the USA will play each other in World Cup qualifiers.

People are saying (Although I can't verify this) that because of the expansion of the World Cup in the future the qualification in the future will have the top 4 ranked teams head up their own group of 4 teams with those teams likely being Canada, Mexico, USA, and Panama. The winner from each group will qualify and the 2nd place teams will playoff for the remaining two spots.

Even if that's not the case CONCACAF will be getting 6 teams now. So qualification for both teams will likely never be in question again. So the US vs Mexico matches for world cup qualification may not be that meaningful in the future if they occur at all.

I am not sure of the format moving forward. Either way it will be awhile before the US plays at the Azteca for a significate game so walking away with a win would be huge. Both teams should be automatic qualifiers in 2026.

What do you do if your Gregg? Do you play your top line up or do you save a few of the players for Panama on Sunday.

I am not sure of the format moving forward. Either way it will be awhile before the US plays at the Azteca for a significate game so walking away with a win would be huge. Both teams should be automatic qualifiers in 2026.

What do you do if your Gregg? Do you play your top line up or do you save a few of the players for Panama on Sunday.

Save for Sunday.

Save for Sunday.
I expect a defensive lineup and playing for a point tomorrow. Can’t treat it as just a throwaway and put everything on Sunday.

4 points is likely enough. 5 or better is gravy. Worst case is going into next weeks finale and needing points is worst case scenario.

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye
None of the 3 games on regular tv? Is that correct? I think I'll get to watch tomorrow's game in spanish if nothing else I guess...

I think that's true. Glad I was able to make it to Azteca back in 2017

Save for Sunday.
Save for Sunday. You have to go all in on that home W vs Panama to seal this thing.

I expect a defensive lineup and playing for a point tomorrow. Can’t treat it as just a throwaway and put everything on Sunday.

4 points is likely enough. 5 or better is gravy. Worst case is going into next weeks finale and needing points is worst case scenario.

I agree I wouldn't roll the dice on beating Mexico. Walking out of Azteca is a draw is a win overall in my estimation.

Panama is a must win.

Pumped for tonight, but honestly hoping for a draw. I think Canada wins so if we get a point we are in good shape.

Predictions for points this last segment? I’m going with 5. Draws against Mexico and Panama, with the resultant drama, then a win in the finale.

Predictions for points this last segment? I’m going with 5. Draws against Mexico and Panama, with the resultant drama, then a win in the finale.

4 or 5.

I likely won't be able to watch any of them. Mexico comes on too late at night and the rest are going to be when I'm on vacation in a place with no TV.

4 or 5.

I likely won't be able to watch any of them. Mexico comes on too late at night and the rest are going to be when I'm on vacation in a place with no TV.
Pretty optimistic. I'm going with 3, and we hang on to that 3rd and final automatic spot.

Reactions: B1GDeal
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT