21 PSU
22 Boise St
23 Syracuse
24 Baylor
25 Wisc

Nebraska #19? Iowa NR! What???!!!

Last edited:
rNkF58H.gif

Click bait. Jesus one of the major polls did a “post spring ball” rating and teams moved up and down. I could see if a major injury or something but Iowa went from 22 to UR based on spring ball. Nebbie went from 23 up to 17. Seriously?! Did I miss something?

On ISU, they will be pretty good and have a cake schedule. They will probably be favored in all but 2 games all year. Plus, no downside to take a flier on ISU. I guarantee a bunch of talking heads pick them to possibly upset Okie as Big 12 champs or at least get to the title game. If they don’t who cares it’s just ISU. I mean the Big 12 is awful besides Okie and probably Texas and ISU gets Texas at home. Be nice for once they aren’t a total drag on us.

On ISU, they will be pretty good and have a cake schedule. They will probably be favored in all but 2 games all year. Plus, no downside to take a flier on ISU. I guarantee a bunch of talking heads pick them to possibly upset Okie as Big 12 champs or at least get to the title game. If they don’t who cares it’s just ISU. I mean the Big 12 is awful besides Okie and probably Texas and ISU gets Texas at home. Be nice for once they aren’t a total drag on us.

Last season was one of those rare years where they didn't hurt our SOS. They beat a couple ranked teams and got to 8 wins. They actually looked like a P5 program rather than their usual MAC self.

1 Clemson
2 Alabama
3 Georgia
4 Oklahoma
5 Ohio St
6 Michigan
7 LSU
8 TAMU
9 Oregon
10 Texas
11 ND
12 Wash
13 Florida
14 UCF
15 Iowa St
16 Auburn
17 NWestern
18 Stanford
19 Nebraska
20 Army
21 PSU
22 Boise St
23 Syracuse
24 Baylor
25 Wisc

I put more stock in the Vegas odds. Iowa makes that list. For all of you who obsess about Nebraska - you wont be any happier.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/futures/

Last edited:
I'm usually more on the side of "F the preseason polls" but they do have an impact on how things can shake out throughout the year.... I remember a few years back when Mississippi St had Dak Prescott and the first couple of playoff reveals, they were top 4 and the arguments were that they knocked off like 3 top 15 ranked teams at the time.... well those ranked teams were over-rated SEC teams like South Carolina and LSU who I think South Carolina ended up 5-7 and LSU was like 7-5, but of course no one acknowledged that.... so as much as we say these preseason polls are worthless, they can actually be pretty dangerous

I hope these teams live up to their pre-season hype (except for Iowa, I hope they exceed them) because if they manage to do so we will have at least 7 opportunities to beat ranked teams on the field of play which would probably easily put our SOS in the top 10 nationally.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Gonna be great beating ISU if they're actually ranked that high. 'Bout time we actually benefit from this tired series. All those years of Iowa being criticized because of playing what was essentially a second-division MAC school. Take advantage now, 'cause it ain't gonna last.

1 Clemson
2 Alabama
3 Georgia
4 Oklahoma
5 Ohio St
6 Michigan
7 LSU
8 TAMU
9 Oregon
10 Texas
11 ND
12 Wash
13 Florida
14 UCF
15 Iowa St
16 Auburn
17 NWestern
18 Stanford
19 Nebraska
20 Army
21 PSU
22 Boise St
23 Syracuse
24 Baylor
25 Wisc

"What a load of crap, this poll is click-bait!!"

Duh? That's literally the whole point of the list, put teams on there who will draw the most clicks and create CFB revenue in May.

Click bait. Jesus one of the major polls did a “post spring ball” rating and teams moved up and down. I could see if a major injury or something but Iowa went from 22 to UR based on spring ball. Nebbie went from 23 up to 17. Seriously?! Did I miss something?
Yes!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT