ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today Preseason poll

Legend - I get you are a troll. Hell for the sake of argument I am not even disagreeing with Nebbie’s ranking. Simply showing the idiocy of these rankings. Besides your troll please explain how teams went up or down in the rankings absent injury, suspension, etc. without a single team playing a game? And I know you aren’t dumb enough to say the spring game which nobody outside a fanbase watches but if you do, 2 huge QB transfers one to OSU and one to Washington had atrocious spring games and the teams went up in the rankings so can’t be the spring games. I like where Nebbie is at. I think both Nebbie and ISU will be good this year. ISU has a decisive advantage over both teams due to a historically bad schedule in a crazy weak conference.

Legend - I get you are a troll. Hell for the sake of argument I am not even disagreeing with Nebbie’s ranking. Simply showing the idiocy of these rankings. Besides your troll please explain how teams went up or down in the rankings absent injury, suspension, etc. without a single team playing a game? And I know you aren’t dumb enough to say the spring game which nobody outside a fanbase watches but if you do, 2 huge QB transfers one to OSU and one to Washington had atrocious spring games and the teams went up in the rankings so can’t be the spring games. I like where Nebbie is at. I think both Nebbie and ISU will be good this year. ISU has a decisive advantage over both teams due to a historically bad schedule in a crazy weak conference.
Congrats on your new job! Do pundits get paid much?

I think the most interesting team to watch this year will be OSU who is absolutely LOADED with talent, Those monster 2017 & 2018 classes (2 best back to back in 247 history) will be on full display. Urban left that program stacked. On the other side, they have a new rookie coach trying to take over for one of the greatest CF coaches of all time, They could be in playoffs and win a NC or fall flat on their faces.

Nope lawyering is just fine thanks. I bet your family is so proud that you spend your time as a troll on an opposing team’s site. I would say a waste of a degree but as you don’t have one that doesn’t apply so you are just a waste of space. Seriously, what loser goes to another team’s board to talk nonsense and be ridiculed for idiocy? Quite the life. Well when people have bad days they can think of you and feel better about their plight. Thanks buddy.

giphy.gif
1 Clemson
2 Alabama
3 Georgia
4 Oklahoma
5 Ohio St
6 Michigan
7 LSU
8 TAMU
9 Oregon
10 Texas
11 ND
12 Wash
13 Florida
14 UCF
15 Iowa St
16 Auburn
17 NWestern
18 Stanford
19 Nebraska
20 Army
21 PSU
22 Boise St
23 Syracuse
24 Baylor
25 Wisc

Nebraska #19? Iowa NR! What???!!!

I love it and its dead on. Again the experts that AREN'T BIAS even see what the Husker done the final 6 games and seeing Adrian Martinez is a top 10 or better QB in the country along with an elite Head Coach in Scott Frost in year 2..... my gif to Iowa fans that are crying about it....

giphy.gif

I love it and its dead on. Again the experts that AREN'T BIAS even see what the Husker done the final 6 games and seeing Adrian Martinez is a top 10 or better QB in the country along with an elite Head Coach in Scott Frost in year 2..... my gif to Iowa fans that are crying about it....

LOL. Nothing like preseason hype to bring out the Fusker idiots.

Yeah, that 4-2 finish with wins against 7-6 Mich St, 7-6 Minnesota, 4-8 Illinois and FCS Bethune-Cookman really turned some heads.

Mississippi St could have beaten an all-star team made up from the teams the Fuskers beat last year.

Not to mention Iowa has OWNED you guys of late.

Just because Fusker fans and media yahoos buy into the hype doesn't mean the rest of us are fooled. Come back when the Fuskers actually accomplish something noteworthy on the football field (for the first time in ~20 years and counting).

LOL

LOL. Nothing like preseason hype to bring out the Fusker idiots.

Yeah, that 4-2 finish with wins against 7-6 Mich St, 7-6 Minnesota, 4-8 Illinois and FCS Bethune-Cookman really turned some heads.

Mississippi St could have beaten an all-star team made up from the teams the Fuskers beat last year.

Not to mention Iowa has OWNED you guys of late.

Just because Fusker fans and media yahoos buy into the hype doesn't mean the rest of us are fooled. Come back when the Fuskers actually accomplish something noteworthy on the football field (for the first time in ~20 years and counting).

LOL

Ok sorry but I have to here, when exactly was the last time Iowa did something noteworthy on the football field without crapping their pants on the big stage?

Now other than that obviously I’m a big husker fan and I typically don’t go to any other boards but a link was posted on our site and well curiosity killed the husker fan... with that said I guess I come here without bad intentions I have more of an old school mentality that says bring it on, yes preseason polls can help but it only helps the teams that win the games everything is proven on the field, the SEC has figured this concept out better then any other conference out there... they get around and circle jerk each other from top to bottom so the perception is they are superior to every other conference and if they lose a conference game it don’t hurt has much cuz they’re all ranked... the BIG 10 could learn from that, I wish Iowa was ranked to start off and I feel like you all will be decent, and I hope Nebraska will get back to where we were long ago... bottom line is it’s all just a number by the team name and don’t mean crap, bring it on and prove you belong if you’re that hurt about it, and Nebraska fans should want the same want to prove our team belongs... but any who good luck this year

Reactions: arf_man
giphy.gif

Yawn get back to me when you actually accomplish something on the field which you haven’t done really since the turn of the 21st century. But congrats one beating a fcs, Illinois and 2 7 win teams last year. So GD impressive....

Last edited:
Reactions: sltldowney
Ok sorry but I have to here, when exactly was the last time Iowa did something noteworthy on the football field without crapping their pants on the big stage?

You felt the need to break your silence with this gem?

How 'bout Iowa's last game? Beat a CFP Top 18 team in a bowl game.

Nebraska hasn't beaten a BCS/CFP Top 18 team in a bowl game since the '99 season.

I'd go on about the other stuff Iowa's accomplished that Nebraska hasn't since 2002, but frankly it's getting boring having to remind you guys so much.

Thanks for playing, and congratulations on coming to the defense of the dumbest Neb troll on this board.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I noticed you didn't say anything about the pink skirts defense:)

Now other than that obviously I’m a big husker fan and I typically don’t go to any other boards but a link was posted on our site and well curiosity killed the husker fan... with that said I guess I come here without bad intentions I have more of an old school mentality that says bring it on, yes preseason polls can help but it only helps the teams that win the games everything is proven on the field, the SEC has figured this concept out better then any other conference out there... they get around and circle jerk each other from top to bottom so the perception is they are superior to every other conference and if they lose a conference game it don’t hurt has much cuz they’re all ranked... the BIG 10 could learn from that, I wish Iowa was ranked to start off and I feel like you all will be decent, and I hope Nebraska will get back to where we were long ago... bottom line is it’s all just a number by the team name and don’t mean crap, bring it on and prove you belong if you’re that hurt about it, and Nebraska fans should want the same want to prove our team belongs... but any who good luck this year

Was Iowa not just one play away from making the College Football Playoff a few years ago? That’s something Nebraska will likely never accomplish moving forward.

The hype for Iowa State is hilarious. They finished ~60th in offensive efficiency last year, and now they lose their only good WR and only good RB, and still have a dumpster fire OL. The defense will be pretty salty, but losing both starting CBs in a pass-happy conference could cause some early growing pains. They’ll win 6 or 7 games like they always do, and we’ll have to hear all offseason about how they are turning the corner and are finally ready to supplant Iowa as the preeminent program in the state. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Was Iowa not just one play away from making the College Football Playoff a few years ago? That’s something Nebraska will likely never accomplish moving forward.
I’m sorry is losing considered an accomplishment? One play away or not is immaterial a lose is a lose... right? Hey I get it I didn’t come here begging up Nebraska’s accomplishments lately as there have been none...
You felt the need to break your silence with this gem?

How 'bout Iowa's last game? Beat a CFP Top 18 team in a bowl game.

Nebraska hasn't beaten a BCS/CFP Top 18 team in a bowl game since the '99 season.

I'd go on about the other stuff Iowa's accomplished that Nebraska hasn't since 2002, but frankly it's getting boring having to remind you guys so much.

Thanks for playing, and congratulations on coming to the defense of the dumbest Neb troll on this board.
o_O Oh my lord you beat a top 18 team in the CFP polls again that equates to what? You won a bowl game? That’s not really saying much... to me note worthy is winning the conference championship and or national championship... strive for the best don’t settle for the rest... you asked about the last twenty years I’d say we have won a few bowls in that time frame and well seeming as how the CFP hasn’t been around twenty years I can’t say any of the teams we beat were top 18 I’m sure some were pretty high up in the BCS standings... that’s just a guess though since I really don’t see the sense in looking it up since you will some how figure out a way to make your Hawkeyes out to be world beaters... and hey great for ya it’s why you’re a Hawkeye fan

I’m sorry is losing considered an accomplishment? One play away or not is immaterial a lose is a lose... right? Hey I get it I didn’t come here begging up Nebraska’s accomplishments lately as there have been none...

o_O Oh my lord you beat a top 18 team in the CFP polls again that equates to what? You won a bowl game? That’s not really saying much... to me note worthy is winning the conference championship and or national championship... strive for the best don’t settle for the rest... you asked about the last twenty years I’d say we have won a few bowls in that time frame and well seeming as how the CFP hasn’t been around twenty years I can’t say any of the teams we beat were top 18 I’m sure some were pretty high up in the BCS standings... that’s just a guess though since I really don’t see the sense in looking it up since you will some how figure out a way to make your Hawkeyes out to be world beaters... and hey great for ya it’s why you’re a Hawkeye fan
Nebber doesn’t qualify for bowl games anymore.

Or have guys drafted.

Gonna be great beating ISU if they're actually ranked that high. 'Bout time we actually benefit from this tired series. All those years of Iowa being criticized because of playing what was essentially a second-division MAC school. Take advantage now, 'cause it ain't gonna last.
The hawks won't win in Ames this year. They will have to completely shut down the Clones to win and that is not going to happen. Clones have 8 defensive starters returning and have depth.

Nope lawyering is just fine thanks. I bet your family is so proud that you spend your time as a troll on an opposing team’s site. I would say a waste of a degree but as you don’t have one that doesn’t apply so you are just a waste of space. Seriously, what loser goes to another team’s board to talk nonsense and be ridiculed for idiocy? Quite the life. Well when people have bad days they can think of you and feel better about their plight. Thanks buddy.
Are you really ridiculing someone for posting opposing views on a free site? And they have "quite the life"?

Reactions: huskersoup
Lightning - nice of you to join a few days ago and get up at 5:30 am on a Saturday to post on a rivals board (or maybe you just got off the night shift). Um free board isn’t the point. I guess I simply assume people have better things to do in life than go to a rival’s board and spit nonsense trolls. Maybe I am wrong and you live that pathetic, lonely life with simply nothing better or constructive to do than post drivel on a rival’s board. I actually feel bad for you.

The hype for Iowa State is hilarious. They finished ~60th in offensive efficiency last year, and now they lose their only good WR and only good RB, and still have a dumpster fire OL. The defense will be pretty salty, but losing both starting CBs in a pass-happy conference could cause some early growing pains. They’ll win 6 or 7 games like they always do, and we’ll have to hear all offseason about how they are turning the corner and are finally ready to supplant Iowa as the preeminent program in the state. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Man sounds like - you have a hard on for the new best team in the State!! Let's talk about what you guys lost- hmm- both first round TE's - best DB - good DE and really solid o-lineman. Block AJ next year and we beat the hawks by two TD's. It's going to be a 9 or 10 win season and the biggest problem will be holding on to HC - Matty C.

There are 3 guarantees in life. Death, taxes and Husker fans coming over here during the off season to puff out their chest. You've fulfilled your duty.

You wouldn't happened to be my brother in law that wears a Husker shirt every holiday to try and troll me, would you?

Man sounds like - you have a hard on for the new best team in the State!! Let's talk about what you guys lost- hmm- both first round TE's - best DB - good DE and really solid o-lineman. Block AJ next year and we beat the hawks by two TD's. It's going to be a 9 or 10 win season and the biggest problem will be holding on to HC - Matty C.

The difference is that Iowa has a history of replacing NFL quality players with more NFL quality players. As an Iowa State fan, I wouldn’t expect you to understand.

If you don’t think going 12-1 and being one play away from the CFP is “something noteworthy”, then you are never going to be satisfied. It is highly unlikely Nebraska ever experiences that kind of success ever again.

I will hand it to you 12-1 is an accomplishment, but with no CFP appearance it truly means nothing... hey I’m not digging on you here obviously you’ve been closer then we have to making the CFP... but at the end of the day you have made it to in the CFP just as many times the huskers have... which is not at all... so again nothing makes to see nothing too note worthy this isn’t let’s hand everyone participation medals here, you’re either in or your not, and neither of have been... will the huskers get close to doing so who knows one can only hope same as for the Hawkeyes one can only hope... I’m more shocked to see the hatred over here I mean seriously I’ve done nothing but state facts and regardless of what the one poster who thinks I’ve sat here and thumped my chest I haven’t ... I’m actually saying yes Iowa has been the stronger team as of late and hey that’s great but the question as what has been note worthy so I posed the same question back, and what I’m seeing is note worthy is different for husker fans or maybe just myself then it is for your collective fan base, which is probably why the huskers don’t settle for coaches with just a winning record like Pelini and we go for being competitive we want to win it all and that’s all I can ask for as a fan... I ask for leadership that will strive to get us another championship so even if we never do make it again I know that we will never just roll over and accept mediocre bowl wins and we’ll we almost made it so that’s good enough... almost don’t count in my books... thank you for the fun though guys I’ll leave you at it and again good luck this year

I will hand it to you 12-1 is an accomplishment, but with no CFP appearance it truly means nothing... hey I’m not digging on you here obviously you’ve been closer then we have to making the CFP... but at the end of the day you have made it to in the CFP just as many times the huskers have... which is not at all... so again nothing makes to see nothing too note worthy this isn’t let’s hand everyone participation medals here, you’re either in or your not, and neither of have been... will the huskers get close to doing so who knows one can only hope same as for the Hawkeyes one can only hope... I’m more shocked to see the hatred over here I mean seriously I’ve done nothing but state facts and regardless of what the one poster who thinks I’ve sat here and thumped my chest I haven’t ... I’m actually saying yes Iowa has been the stronger team as of late and hey that’s great but the question as what has been note worthy so I posed the same question back, and what I’m seeing is note worthy is different for husker fans or maybe just myself then it is for your collective fan base, which is probably why the huskers don’t settle for coaches with just a winning record like Pelini and we go for being competitive we want to win it all and that’s all I can ask for as a fan... I ask for leadership that will strive to get us another championship so even if we never do make it again I know that we will never just roll over and accept mediocre bowl wins and we’ll we almost made it so that’s good enough... almost don’t count in my books... thank you for the fun though guys I’ll leave you at it and again good luck this year

There are only a handful of programs that can say anything short of a Playoff appearance is not a noteworthy season. I can assure you that Nebraska is not one of those programs. It must be a pretty miserable fanhood to set the bar for success so high that your team has no chance of meeting it. I truly feel sorry for you- hope you can get some perspective and learn to enjoy college football a bit more!

If you don’t think going 12-1 and being one play away from the CFP is “something noteworthy”, then you are never going to be satisfied. It is highly unlikely Nebraska ever experiences that kind of success ever again.
We saw how strong the B10 was that year when MSU lined up against Bama and the "one play away" team took on Stanford in the farmersonly.com bowl. Performances like that stick out with selection committee folks and possibly contributes to being left out of the CFP for a few years running.

Reactions: SkerInCo
Lightning - nice of you to join a few days ago and get up at 5:30 am on a Saturday to post on a rivals board (or maybe you just got off the night shift). Um free board isn’t the point. I guess I simply assume people have better things to do in life than go to a rival’s board and spit nonsense trolls. Maybe I am wrong and you live that pathetic, lonely life with simply nothing better or constructive to do than post drivel on a rival’s board. I actually feel bad for you.
Not surprising that you make comments like that. I don't expect a paralegal to understand the early bird theory.

We saw how strong the B10 was that year when MSU lined up against Bama and the "one play away" team took on Stanford in the farmersonly.com bowl. Performances like that stick out with selection committee folks and possibly contributes to being left out of the CFP for a few years running.

Probably best that you don’t talk bowl smack when Kirk Ferentz has twice as many bowl wins as your program has in its entire history- though I guess that depends on whether you consider last year’s Alamo Bowl appearance a win. I know many Iowa State fans do. Still waiting on that apology letter from the officials?

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK

I'd be more worried that Epenesa, Golston and Nixon put Purdy in a casket. Hopefully you have a backup to take 2nd half snaps like last year.

Thankfully no Drake on your schedule this year too.

The difference is we still have a better secondary, dline and oline than the clowns. Last I checked, we lose NFL tight ends annually.

Last edited:
I'd be more worried that Epenesa, Golston and Nixon put Purdy in a casket. Hopefully you have a backup to take 2nd half snaps like last year.

Thankfully no Drake on your schedule this year too.

Iowa State fans have put all their eggs in the basket of a QB who got benched against a non-scholarship FCS team, who lost his only two offensive weapons and has a bunch of traffic cones masquerading as offensive linemen. I’m sure it will work out just fine for them.

Absolutely classic. Thank you for joining the hilarious Fusker troll pool.

I'm going to tell you the same thing I told some other yahoo Fusker dude who came here with your attitude: Since conference championships and CFP appearances are all that matter in college football, then please do not return to this board until Nebraska has accomplished this. If you don't like how Iowa fans enjoy accomplishments like major bowl wins, top 10 finishes, undefeated regular seasons, missing the CFP by inches, multiple NFL first round draft choices, etc, that's fine, but we don't need you to tell us what's important.

The Fusker combination of jealousy and narcissism is extremely odd.

The hawks won't win in Ames this year. They will have to completely shut down the Clones to win and that is not going to happen. Clones have 8 defensive starters returning and have depth.

Do you realize that in Iowa's last game, they beat a team with a defense that just had 3 first-round draft picks, and did it without one of our first-round draft picks on offense? LOL. I'm sure our guys will be quite intimidated in Ames....

That truly is one of the most impressive run-on sentences I've seen in quite some time. An impressive wall of text, as well.

I do have a question though. What happens when it's year 5 or 6 and Frost's results are less than what Pelini achieved? Are you going to fire him? Good luck getting anything other than a Riley-type retread or some SWAC coach.

Do you realize that in Iowa's last game, they beat a team with a defense that just had 3 first-round draft picks, and did it without one of our first-round draft picks on offense? LOL. I'm sure our guys will be quite intimidated in Ames....
Iowa had two first round draft picks with 2 or 3 more in later rounds and finished behind 3 or 4 teams in the B10 West division......so your point is?

Reactions: Cornicator
Iowa had two first round draft picks with 2 or 3 more in later rounds and finished behind 3 or 4 teams in the B10 West division......so your point is?

I thought my point was pretty clear - that an Iowa St dude coming here boasting about their defense like it's something there's no way Iowa can handle is quite laughable.

You now added to the point, admitting that Iowa St would have been good for 5th or 6th place in the Big Ten West last year.

I guess I could also add the point that Iowa St had a season for the ages last year....and Iowa was still better, and probably will be again.

I'll type slower for you next time.

Reactions: blhawk
Thanks Lightning. Nothing wrong with paralegals. My firm has 9. And I guarantee they r smarter than u and make a hell of a lot more money. So there is that. So keep trolling champ. You are on a roll pal. Keep embarrassing yourself and fanbase.

When is the last time the clowns had even one player drafted in the first round? Maybe early 1970s? You should thank Ronald McDonald you don't have to play Iowa's schedule and that your supposed defense doesn't face Big Ten offenses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT