ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today Preseason poll

I'd be more worried that Epenesa, Golston and Nixon put Purdy in a casket. Hopefully you have a backup to take 2nd half snaps like last year.

Thankfully no Drake on your schedule this year too.

The difference is we still have a better secondary, dline and oline than the clowns. Last I checked, we lose NFL tight ends annually.

Bailey, Lima, Ewazurike >>> Golston, Nixon, Epenesa. Iowa States front 7 on defense is better than Iowas front seven on defense for the first time in at least 15 years.

Wow another Clown troll who joined today. Don’t you have your own boards or a life? I know you are little brother seeking approval but you clearly need some help.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Bailey, Lima, Ewazurike >>> Golston, Nixon, Epenesa. Iowa States front 7 on defense is better than Iowas front seven on defense for the first time in at least 15 years.

It's nice that you joined Hawkeye Report today to offer your clown opinion.

We will find out in September if your opinion is correct. The last four years and history of the series suggest that you may be mistaken.

Watch the Hooray for Ames! video, you will love it.

Gonna be great beating ISU if they're actually ranked that high. 'Bout time we actually benefit from this tired series. All those years of Iowa being criticized because of playing what was essentially a second-division MAC school. Take advantage now, 'cause it ain't gonna last.
2nd tier MAC school. Boy you sure are not giving your team much credit. Game in the past 10 years have been close one TD wins for the most part.

2nd tier MAC school. Boy you sure are not giving your team much credit. Game in the past 10 years have been close one TD wins for the most part.

Although Iowa fans like putting Iowa St fans in their proper place, I think most Iowa fans will admit that the Hawkeyes generally underachieve against the Cyclones. I mean c'mon - The past 10 seasons Iowa is only 7-3 against ISU outscoring them only 291-168. That's kinda embarrassing.

Iowa State’s front three is really good, but Epenesa, Golston, and a 4th grade girl would be >>> Lima, Bailey, and Uwazarike. Epenesa is a once in a generation talent, and Golston will prove to be better than any of Iowa State’s top three as well.

Iowa has won 7 of the last 10 in the series by an average margin of victory of 17 points, but this idiot thinks the series has been close over the last 10 years. The contest for most delusional fan base between Nebraska and Iowa State is a doozy.

At least UN aims high. Clown College just wants to beat Iowa. Another five or six wins would be nice.

Iowa State’s front three is really good, but Epenesa, Golston, and a 4th grade girl would be >>> Lima, Bailey, and Uwazarike. Epenesa is a once in a generation talent, and Golston will prove to be better than any of Iowa State’s top three as well.

Jaquan Bailey has 102 career tackles and 18 career sacks. Epenesa, Golston and Nixon have 89 career tackles and 18 career sacks COMBINED. Listen, Epenesa is a freakshow I fully understand but Golston and Nixon have done diddly at this level. They were both 3 star recruits take off the black and gold goggles they aren't sure fire superstars at the next level.

Jaquan Bailey has 102 career tackles and 18 career sacks. Epenesa, Golston and Nixon have 89 career tackles and 18 career sacks COMBINED. Listen, Epenesa is a freakshow I fully understand but Golston and Nixon have done diddly at this level.

I'm sure that ISU has some nice defensive players by Big 12 (minus two) standards. Don't get your hopes up.

Jaquan Bailey has 102 career tackles and 18 career sacks. Epenesa, Golston and Nixon have 89 career tackles and 18 career sacks COMBINED. Listen, Epenesa is a freakshow I fully understand but Golston and Nixon have done diddly at this level. They were both 3 star recruits take off the black and gold goggles they aren't sure fire superstars at the next level.

Golston registered 9 TFL last year and more solo tackles than Bailey in 1/3 of the snaps. Word from the insiders in Iowa City is that he has been every bit as impressive as Epenesa in spring practice. Golston may not be a “surefire” superstar, but Bailey isn’t a superstar at all. As for Nixon, I don’t think he is even going to start. Lattimore and Reiff will both be solid, but I would rather have Lima or Uwazarike at DT than either of them.

Golston registered 9 TFL last year and more solo tackles than Bailey in 1/3 of the snaps. Word from the insiders in Iowa City is that he has been every bit as impressive as Epenesa in spring practice. Golston may not be a “surefire” superstar, but Bailey isn’t a superstar at all. As for Nixon, I don’t think he is even going to start. Lattimore and Reiff will both be solid, but I would rather have Lima or Uwazarike at DT than either of them.

This is just an ignorant and homer statement. Jaquan Bailey is going to shatter the all time sack record at Iowa State. Id presume he will be a preseason 1st team All Big 12 selection. Yes, he is a proven star. Golston may very well be a stud time will tell. To claim he undoubtedly is already a better player is just ridiculous.

555 - I don’t know who is better. But your “accolades” in support of your guy don’t mean much. All time sack leader at ISU? Um tallest midget ring a bell? Pre-season all Big 12 on defense? Seriously Clark? I think he is a good player and may be better Gholson. But not exactly making your case with your your “all” this reasons.

Reactions: sltldowney
555 - I don’t know who is better. But your “accolades” in support of your guy don’t mean much. All time sack leader at ISU? Um tallest midget ring a bell? Pre-season all Big 12 on defense? Seriously Clark? I think he is a good player and may be better Gholson. But not exactly making your case with your your “all” this reasons.

LMAO okay got it so when Iowa has an all time leading receiver back for one more year I'll compare our 3 star recruit who has barely seen the field to him. This is great!

Yep pretty funny. Typical little brother response. Show me when that has happened with a Hawkeye receiver where people are acting well like u. Especially on a rivals board. This is like all Clowns, imagining something that hasn’t or didn’t happen. Hell most of your fanbase thinks with playing the South Dak St game you guys would have been iin the CFP. We were excited about our TE’s in recent memory and what do you know. That worked pretty well. Jesus Dude get a life. And u just like your Clown buddies act like this is normal for you to have a decent player. Um I think the proof is the opposite. Note again, I said he is good and don’t know who is better. My point which I know is difficult to comprehend in your Clone delusional world is using as support he is all time in anything at ISU and puffing your chest out on Big 12 D’s isn’t exactly swaying people. Go to CF where you will be at home in excuses and delusion and wonder why u are and always will be little brother.

Yep pretty funny. Typical little brother response. Show me when that has happened with a Hawkeye receiver where people are acting well like u. Especially on a rivals board. This is like all Clowns, imagining something that hasn’t or didn’t happen. Hell most of your fanbase thinks with playing the South Dak St game you guys would have been iin the CFP. We were excited about our TE’s in recent memory and what do you know. That worked pretty well. Jesus Dude get a life. And u just like your Clown buddies act like this is normal for you to have a decent player. Um I think the proof is the opposite. Note again, I said he is good and don’t know who is better. My point which I know is difficult to comprehend in your Clone delusional world is using as support he is all time in anything at ISU and puffing your chest out on Big 12 D’s isn’t exactly swaying people. Go to CF where you will be at home in excuses and delusion and wonder why u are and always will be little brother.
Kujawa, you don't even argue very well for a paralegal. Don't waste your time going back to school.

Thanks. I had enough school. Should have realized like all Clones when confronted with facts just pivot. Good luck in life. You seem well equipped.

This is just an ignorant and homer statement. Jaquan Bailey is going to shatter the all time sack record at Iowa State. Id presume he will be a preseason 1st team All Big 12 selection. Yes, he is a proven star. Golston may very well be a stud time will tell. To claim he undoubtedly is already a better player is just ridiculous.

I never said he was undoubtedly a better player, learn to read.

4 in a row, 5 of the last 6...
tenor.gif
Enjoy the victories. Those will disappear soon. The streak could end in 2019. If not this year, 2020 the streak will reverse. IMO

Lmfao... tell me which one of those clowns gets drafted before Epenesa? I'll wait.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
LOL. Nothing like preseason hype to bring out the Fusker idiots.

Yeah, that 4-2 finish with wins against 7-6 Mich St, 7-6 Minnesota, 4-8 Illinois and FCS Bethune-Cookman really turned some heads.

Mississippi St could have beaten an all-star team made up from the teams the Fuskers beat last year.

Not to mention Iowa has OWNED you guys of late.

Just because Fusker fans and media yahoos buy into the hype doesn't mean the rest of us are fooled. Come back when the Fuskers actually accomplish something noteworthy on the football field (for the first time in ~20 years and counting).

LOL
Obviously the rest of the nation looks at things differently than Iowa fans so which group is the delusional one?
The mediocrity obsessed or those that expect much more? They say when you sit down at a poker table and look at your opponents and cannot figure out who the target is look out=you are it.
"Come back when the Fuskers actually accomplish something noteworthy on the football field"
Iowa can crow that song once we accomplish something relevant nationally which BTW we have never done here at Iowa. Not lately nor 20 years ago so that take irritates the Hell out of those of us that believe we could be doing better. We never will with a lazy recruiting Ferentz as the HC either.

Reactions: Clemke32
Obviously the rest of the nation looks at things differently than Iowa fans so which group is the delusional one?
The mediocrity obsessed or those that expect much more? They say when you sit down at a poker table and look at your opponents and cannot figure out who the target is look out=you are it.
"Come back when the Fuskers actually accomplish something noteworthy on the football field"
Iowa can crow that song once we accomplish something relevant nationally which BTW we have never done here at Iowa. Not lately nor 20 years ago so that take irritates the Hell out of those of us that believe we could be doing better. We never will with a lazy recruiting Ferentz as the HC either.

You're not fooling anyone.

By pointing out Iowa is the poster child of mediocrity?
Let's just wait and see what happens at Jack Trice in September. We'll see where the teams are ranked after that game. BTW,
whole winning every game is what all teams want to do, for many of us in the Cyclone Nation, conference games carry a greater importance than the one game against Eastern Iowa Junior College.

Cardinal - u may want to tell your fellow Clones on CF that conference games matter more than Iowa. I mean there are more posts on just Iowa Football recruiting on CF than all Cyclone posts combined. Think about that for a second before you talk about which games your Cyclone brethren care about more. Do you realize there were more posts on Iowa football than Oklahoma before your Oklahoma game last year? And that was weeks after the Iowa game and right before a home game against a top 5 opponent.

Cardinal - u may want to tell your fellow Clones on CF that conference games matter more than Iowa. I mean there are more posts on just Iowa Football recruiting on CF than all Cyclone posts combined. Think about that for a second before you talk about which games your Cyclone brethren care about more. Do you realize there were more posts on Iowa football than Oklahoma before your Oklahoma game last year? And that was weeks after the Iowa game and right before a home game against a top 5 opponent.
Hard to believe. Would really like to see actual stats, but I know that would not be possible. I have already spent WAY too much time here. Hope you have a great season, and we will see what happens Ames in September.

By pointing out Iowa is the poster child of mediocrity?
Let's just wait and see what happens at Jack Trice in September. We'll see where the teams are ranked after that game. BTW,
whole winning every game is what all teams want to do, for many of us in the Cyclone Nation, conference games carry a greater importance than the one game against Eastern Iowa Junior College.

What’s it like losing badly almost every year to a team you consider the level of a junior college?

You suck at trolling.

Well Cardinal there are 25k posts on CF about Hawk football recruiting. I just looked and in response to your bewilderment about obsession there more posts on Hawk b-ball transfer Moss than on some guy the Clones “need” at guard who is making his decision tomorrow. Think about that. ISU has struck out in b-ball recruiting and some kid is choosing tomorrow and ISU is in his final 2, but more posts on CF on Moss transferring out of Iowa. Now in fairness Psycho Twins and his side kick JP (2 unemployed losers) have plus 70k posts between then and 90 percent deal with Iowa. That said, good luck this year. You guys do a have a good team.

Man sounds like - you have a hard on for the new best team in the State!! Let's talk about what you guys lost- hmm- both first round TE's - best DB - good DE and really solid o-lineman. Block AJ next year and we beat the hawks by two TD's. It's going to be a 9 or 10 win season and the biggest problem will be holding on to HC - Matty C.
Campbell beats the Hawkeyes 0% of the time.

For those ISU fans out there, that’s really really really bad.

ISU that high without Montgomery or Hicks? Garbage
I can tell you are a real expert on what made/ makes Iowa State so great. By the way.....who is Hicks?
Moron.

So great? At what? One 8 win season, including a bowl loss and you’re using the word great. LOL.

You have had arguably the two best seasons in your programs history and you still haven’t beaten Iowa, finished higher in the polls, or had a better record. Again, L-O-Fuggin-L!!

Last edited:
So great? At what? One 8 win season, including a bowl loss and you’re using the word great. LOL.

You have had arguably the two best seasons in your programs history and you still haven’t beaten Iowa, finished higher in the polls, or had a better record. Again, L-O-Fuggin-L!!

That's a fanbase that has not seen a football team win a conference title since 1912, the same year the Titanic sank. They should get the players and coaches from that team back to Ames and celebrate and...oh, wait.

That's a fanbase that has not seen a football team win a conference title since 1912, the same year the Titanic sank. They should get the players and coaches from that team back to Ames and celebrate and...oh, wait.

Iowa State *shared* a title in 1912. They tied with Nebraska at 2-0 in the MVC that year, so actually ISU has never outright won a title. Get it straight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT