ADVERTISEMENT

USS Harris is a sinking ship. Two more staffers bail.

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
The departures are the latest in a series of exits by staffers in the vice president's office, including chief spokesperson and senior adviser Symone Sanders and communications director Ashley Etienne. News of each departure followed a myriad of reports, including by CNN, of staff infighting and dysfunction.

Asked last month if the recent staff resignations were indicative of a greater trend within her office, Harris declined to weigh in, focusing instead on praising Sanders before adding succinctly, "Next question."

In November, CNN reported that several people on the vice president's staff had started to reach out to contacts to say they're looking to leave, according to sources who've gotten calls, while many in the vice president's orbit have expressed frustration that Harris has not being adequately prepared or positioned by the White House and instead is being sidelined.

It’s going to be a very awkward scenario for the Democrats after the midterms this year. At some point in 2023 Biden will have to announce that he wont be running again. Historically the VP would get their chance but it’s looking like she is so off putting that the dems will have to open of the race and have an actual primary. It will be a glorious site when Biden refuses to put his support behind Harris in the primary

I never thought she was a good choice. Obama would have been a home run but that wasn't happening. Would have much preferred Abrams or Demings.

Reactions: blackbones
Would have much preferred Abrams or Demings.
I would have preferred Dennings.
Kat_Dennings_Thor_2_cropped.png

• Wow
Reactions: h-hawk
while many in the vice president's orbit have expressed frustration that Harris has not being adequately prepared or positioned by the White House and instead is being sidelined.

Odds Biden wouldn’t endorse his own VP?

I never thought she was a good choice. Obama would have been a home run but that wasn't happening. Would have much preferred Abrams or Demings.
Klobuchar would have been my choice....

A VP's main function is to be an advocate for the administration.....Harris is virtually useless in that role.

I think Amy would have been great....

Klobuchar would have been my choice....

A VP's main function is to be an advocate for the administration.....Harris is virtually useless in that role.

I think Amy would have been great....
I would have preferred Amy, but her VP aspirations were toast the moment word got out that she had chosen not to prosecute Derek Chauvin for his role in an officer-involved shooting when she was the DA in Minneapolis.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Obama is ineligible to run as VP, unless you mean Michelle. I don't see how someone with ZERO public service experience would be a "home run." At least Trump had experience being an executive, but he was a disaster. Michelle doesn't even have that. Being First Lady is not a qualification. Just because you know where the bathrooms in the White House are, doesn't mean you're qualified to be President.

It makes one wonder if the staffers are leaving because they are not given anything to do. Once again I say I cannot remember a VP being so invisible.

It makes one wonder if the staffers are leaving because they are not given anything to do. Once again I say I cannot remember a VP being so invisible.
With a 32% approval rating, what do you use her to sell? Border policy?

52538485-0-image-a-2_1641312943051.jpg

I was always surprised that Kamala even accepted the job,.. Everybody knows that having the VP position is like wearing an invisible ball gag,.. That's why Joe was good at it.

Record turnout doesn't disprove her claim.

Stacey Abrams losing doesn't prove her claim.
I read the article in the link, but I don't see where the removal of names from the voter roll was "improper." It appears the rules were followed and voters had ample opportunity to remain registered. It also appears that in the neighborhood of 70,000 names on the roll had either died or moved. The rest were removed for over a decade of inactivity and all they had to do to remain on the voter roll was return a card stating they were still at their registered address. They also could have re-registered.
The article also fails to cite the number of people who showed up to vote and were denied or had absentee ballots rejected. I haven't been able to find that number anywhere.
While record turnout doesn't disprove her claim, it does suggest that the proper removal of names from the voter roll didn't have a major impact on the election.

Reactions: Finance85
Stacey Abrams losing doesn't prove her claim.
I read the article in the link, but I don't see where the removal of names from the voter roll was "improper." It appears the rules were followed and voters had ample opportunity to remain registered. It also appears that in the neighborhood of 70,000 names on the roll had either died or moved. The rest were removed for over a decade of inactivity and all they had to do to remain on the voter roll was return a card stating they were still at their registered address. They also could have re-registered.
The article also fails to cite the number of people who showed up to vote and were denied or had absentee ballots rejected. I haven't been able to find that number anywhere.
While record turnout doesn't disprove her claim, it does suggest that the proper removal of names from the voter roll didn't have a major impact on the election.
I mean why shouldn't the deceased stay on as registered voters. The Democrats need them.

• Haha
Reactions: Finance85
2024 will be an incredibly interesting election cycle.

We don't know for certain if Joe will be running. He says it depends on his health, but judgement of his health may not be solely his call.

If if Joe decides to run, Harris could be looked at as a dead weight based on public perception, because of the higher possibility she could become POTUS, and because of her low ratings.

Then there's the flip side, that ditching Harris will lead to claims of race and sex bias.

It's really not a good spot for the Dems to be in, especially if the GOP retakes either the House or Senate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT