ADVERTISEMENT

Utah DC keeps job after racial slur

"report also stated several former student-athletes alleged Scalley made comments about their hair, appearance, or clothing that they believe implicated racial stereotypes"

"Utah has rescinded its offer for Scalley to become the head-coach-in-waiting "

Guess we know the "punishment" for bf lol

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Either this or the Doyle dismissal looks really silly right now. Am I missing something?

Doyle's stuff runs back further, yes?
Yes, but

A) I think a lot of his incidents can be attributed to being insensitive or tone deaf. Not that I think it was a mistake to force him out, but I'd definitely argue saying "I got us 4 more n***ers" is absolutely abhorrent.

B) We don't know which of the Doyle allegations have been exaggerated/falsified.

eg. He never actually told Morrow to go back to the "ghetto".

Regardless, we're just arguing which guy should be more fired, even though they both clearly should be fired in the first place.

Yes, but

A) I think a lot of his incidents can be attributed to being insensitive or tone deaf. Not that I think it was a mistake to force him out, but I'd definitely argue saying "I got us 4 more n***ers" is absolutely abhorrent.

B) We don't know which of the Doyle allegations have been exaggerated/falsified.

Regardless, we're just arguing which guy should be more fired, even though they both clearly should be fired in the first place.
So that is what he texted to someone after he got some commits? I expect riots in Utah tonight!!

Yes, but

doyle was tossed under the bus for no reason at all except Antifa and blm period

So that is what he texted to someone after he got some commits? I expect riots in Utah tonight!!

Is this what Scalley’s text said?

I have not read the report. Maybe @Frosty7130 can give some more info, but from my understanding he was texting another coach, who is black, who sent the text "did you get that _ _ _ _ a?" in reference to a recruit he was just talking to. Scalley jokingly responded with something like the quoted text above thinking it was to back to the black coach, but was actually to the recruit. He then flew out to apologize to the player face to face, and they player played 4 years under him.

Still bad and stupid, but not quite as incendiary when in this context.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT