ADVERTISEMENT

Very nice George Kittle family interview

I am so glad that I just invested 27 minutes of my life in this interview. It is among the most insightful "sports" pieces I've ever seen; and watching the authenticity of his parents, learning a bit of the family's history (and genetics) and seeing those relationships was stunning. I know that all kids need unique parenting to have the best chance to become their best selves - but these folks are pretty amazing role models. It's somehow comforting to realize that the man-child that is George still respects, honors and needs his family.

Last edited:
Thanks, super cool video. Had seen quite abit about his Dad who was of course a Hawk captain, but the back story with his mom was very cool. George's maternal side is amazing. His mom Jan Kreiger and her NINE sisters were amazing athletes in Iowa sports history themselves, and of course begat George, Jess Settles, Henry Kreiger Coble, and Brad Carlson, Iowa baseballs career home run leader. o_O By the way, Emma, WOW!

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I am so glad that I just invested 27 minutes of my life in this interview. It is among the most insightful "sports" piece I've ever seen; and watching the authenticity of his parents, learning a bit of the family's history (and genetics) and seeing those relationships was stunning. I know that all kids need unique parenting to have the best chance to become their best selves - but these folks are pretty amazing role models. It's somehow comforting to realize that the man-child that is George still respects, honors and needs his family.
Very nice & interesting story on George's upbringing.

I posted this on Friday in the Kittle thread. You must have missed it. :)

Who is George Kittle?

Did you know his mom, Jan Krieger, is in the Iowa Hall of Fame for both basketball & softball? Winfield-Mt Union was a powerhouse in both girls basketball & softball back in the day.

This is pretty cool; from NBC Sports.

Watch:

Similarly, on Dec 29, I posted what follows in the Kittle thread. There is so much great content out there; that's why I post it all in one thread. :) A great family indeed.

That Dec 29 post:

Simply Awesome.

Jan Krieger of Winfield, Iowa, by the way.

Watch:

Reactions: Mr Crossface

Who is George Kittle?

Did you know his mom, Jan Krieger, is in the Iowa Hall of Fame for both basketball & softball? Winfield-Mt Union was a powerhouse in both girls basketball & softball back in the day.

This is pretty cool; from NBC Sports.

Watch:
Did you just repost the exact same video as the OP just to let everyone know you posted the same video in your 40 page Kittle tribute?

Good god. This is something teenage girls do.

Thanks for posting this HerkysDad. No one has exclusive rights to the stuff they post on here so don't worry what Fran says. Look forward to anything else you come up with on Hawkeye players and coaches!

Thanks. I just have You tube inform me of new stories and videos of Iowa Sports. This story was only one day old so I did not take the time to review ever response to every post to see if it had already been linked.

Reactions: Harbinger273
Did you just repost the exact same video as the OP just to let everyone know you posted the same video in your 40 page Kittle tribute?

Good god. This is something teenage girls do.

LMAO. I don't know this Fran guy but there is ZERO chance this guy has a job.

Kittle is in his 3rd year in the NFL. He has set all kinds of records in his last 2 years. He is a superstar in the NFL right now; everyone is talking about him and trying to interview him and that's why I started one Kittle thread to post those videos and more.

I simply pointed out that I posted that video in the Kittle thread on Friday. Some of you would have responded by posting a picture of a man on the moon or a can of Pepsi.

I have gotten some great feedback on the Kittle thread and I appreciate that. I hope you enjoy the Kittle thread moving forward as well.

I think the 49'ers (and Kittle) hoist the Lombardi Trophy this year and I think Kittle is on his way to a Hall of Fame career. That's something to celebrate and something to be excited about.

giphy.gif

Kittle is in his 3rd year in the NFL. He has set all kinds of records in his last 2 years. He is a superstar in the NFL right now; everyone is talking about him and trying to interview him and that's why I started one Kittle thread to post those videos and more.

I simply pointed out that I posted that video in the Kittle thread on Friday. Some of you would have responded by posting a picture of a man on the moon or a can of Pepsi.

I have gotten some great feedback on the Kittle thread and I appreciate that. I hope you enjoy the Kittle thread moving forward as well.

I think the 49'ers (and Kittle) hoist the Lombardi Trophy this year and I think Kittle is on his way to a Hall of Fame career. That's something to celebrate and something to be excited about.
Nobody is questioning your right to create a megathread about all things Kittle and I'm sure many enjoy what you post there.

For some reason, you found it necessary to barge into this thread in order to make it known that you posted this Kittle video first in a bizarre attempt to take some sort of credit.

Reminds me of the story of the little kid who is telling his mother he found the toy when out of the blue his big brother pushes him down, grabs the toy, and claims that he found it first. Juvenile.

Nobody is questioning your right to create a megathread about all things Kittle and I'm sure many enjoy what you post there.

For some reason, you found it necessary to barge into this thread in order to make it known that you posted this Kittle video first in a bizarre attempt to take some sort of credit.

Reminds me of the story of the little kid who is telling his mother he found the toy when out of the blue his big brother pushes him down, grabs the toy, and claims that he found it first. Juvenile.
I am sorry that you misread what I typed.

Have a good week.

The very first thing you stated in response to the OP is this:

Then you proceeded to repost the exact same video which HerkysDad linked in order to share with HR members.

I didn't misread anything.

The very first thing you stated in response to the OP is this:

Then you proceeded to repost the exact same video which HerkysDad linked in order to share with HR members.

I didn't misread anything.
Sorry that I did not post a picture of a man on the moon. ;)

My bad. I sincerely apologize.

Again, have a good week.

Truthfully, seeing mega threads that get so huge due to changing the title on the daily, is not something some people are going to jump into.

No problem with the OP putting a very specific title "Very nice George Kittle family interview" instead of the fluid titled everything George Kittle mega thread.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Truthfully, seeing mega threads that get so huge due to changing the title on the daily, is not something some people are going to jump into.

No problem with the OP putting a very specific title "Very nice George Kittle family interview" instead of the fluid titled everything George Kittle mega thread.

Agreed. I remember this place when there wasn't 70 page threads that were updated every day. Who the F does that????

His Mom was the first baseman (first basewoman?) on our U of I co-ed softball team. Outstanding athlete. Extremely competitive. Moreover, a wonderful person.

His Mom was the first baseman (first basewoman?) on our U of I co-ed softball team. Outstanding athlete. Extremely competitive. Moreover, a wonderful person.
How was she on the co-ed U of I softball team when she was a varsity softball and bball player at Drake? :confused:

After her playing career, she worked for the University. I was a student employee.

Saw Jan at the District track meet her senior year of high school. She won the 200, long jump, and shot put . Have never seen anything like that. Outstanding athlete!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT